Author Topic: Zoom in/out issues  (Read 907 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Zoom in/out issues
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:10:38 AM »
I've recently run across a very stupid problem.  I can use the zoom feature, but cannot adjust the view in or out.  I've run this exact setup (joystick, mapping, etc) for almost 6 months and everything has been fine, but suddenly no zoom adjustment.  The stick used for the zoom and adjustment is a spare MS Sidewinder that is plugged directly into the computer.  The buttons on the stick are mapped correctly and work according to the in-game mapper.  The [ ] on the keyboard aren't working either.

Is there a lockout button I may have hit somewhere?   :headscratch:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Zoom in/out issues
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »
Does keyboard zoom work if you unplug the stick?

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »
I haven't tried that, but I will tonight..
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »
Lay off the booze Triton.    :neener:

<3
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »
Lay off the booze Triton.    :neener:

<3

:rofl

I was sober last night, I swear!  Besides, when I'm drunk and playing AH everything moves too much.   :D
      -AoM-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »
Try remapping the keyboard keys to zoom in and out. If unplugging the stick fixes it then look for an axis assigned to zoom on the stick. If it makes no difference try renaming your settings folder and see if the new default settings AH creates fixes it.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:35:13 PM »
Try remapping the keyboard keys to zoom in and out. If unplugging the stick fixes it then look for an axis assigned to zoom on the stick. If it makes no difference try renaming your settings folder and see if the new default settings AH creates fixes it.

Simply unplugging the stick did not work for keyboard [] keys.  Will try the rest of your suggestions tomorrow.  Had 11 5 year olds for T-ball this evening.  Triton didn't feel like extensive troubleshooting.   :D

:salute
      -AoM-

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 02:46:20 AM »
if you have an analog axis mapped for zoom, the zoom in/out keys won't work anymore. Same with every analog axis that also have keys/buttons
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 06:31:39 PM »
I appologize... I haven't been able to troubleshoot this as of yet, but found another weird thing..

External view in bombers the zoom in/out still works.  Jump back to internal, zoom, no adjustment at all.

:headscratch:
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 08:01:02 PM »
So it's in the settings folder somewhere.  Renaming old settings folder does in fact restore zoom in/out control. 

Anyone have an idea what file got screwed up in my settings so I can restore everything else like it was?  There are three files showing outside of the 'planes' folder in a clean settings folder.  I tried not replacing those, but no dice.  The file I need is somewhere else.
      -AoM-

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 03:27:58 AM »
The letter Z toggles the zoom on and off, so if it appears not to be working at any time, try hitting that before trying again.   :aok
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 11:02:52 AM »
Triton28,

I know this one!!!  :-)

Somewhere along the line you have mapped the analog "Field of View" ... and it disables Zoom (I used to do it to myself every now and then and said naughty words).

Options, Controls, Map Controller,  ... look for "Field of View", make it go away and I believe your problem will be solved.

-Rodent57
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 12:55:10 PM »
Triton28,

I know this one!!!  :-)

Somewhere along the line you have mapped the analog "Field of View" ... and it disables Zoom (I used to do it to myself every now and then and said naughty words).

Options, Controls, Map Controller,  ... look for "Field of View", make it go away and I believe your problem will be solved.

-Rodent57

That fixed it!  

I have a 'mini button' on my stick that has been next to useless for me, so I must have mapped the field of view to that just to see if it worked, it didn't, and I never unmapped it.

Lesson:  Alcohol and fooling with you joystick don't mix.

Well, in this game at least.   :)

Thanks much Rodent!
      -AoM-