Author Topic: hit %  (Read 1156 times)

Offline hellwolf

• Zinc Member
hit %
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:09:47 PM »
Could someone (mr lusche) please explain how hit % works.  Is machine guns and cannon rounds counted the same way? If you die do the rounds left in your plane count? If I land do the the rounds left count? Is it simply rounds fired versus rounds hitting the target? In fighter mode do rounds hitting ground targets or objects count like they do in attack mode or only rounds hitting planes? If I hit a bomber or plane , I chop their wing off but they are still in the plane do rounds hitting that plane after critical damage has been done but before kill has been registered count? thank you in advance.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: hit %
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:20:28 PM »
Rounds fired off vs hits on a target. That's it. Unexpended rounds left in your a/c after you are downed are not counted against you nor are rounds left after you land. Its just % of hits scored when you pull the trigger (all guns) vs hits landed.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
Strafe a hanger with a single burst of rounds once and it will ensure 100% hit ratio...

Then do what a large handful do and just use rockets/bombs to get your kills for the tour so you can have a supa-dupa-herpa-derpa-score  :banana:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »
Strafe a hanger with a single burst of rounds once and it will ensure 100% hit ratio...

Then do what a large handful do and just use rockets/bombs to get your kills for the tour so you can have a supa-dupa-herpa-derpa-score  :banana:
:rofl makes sence
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 11:33:58 PM »

Could someone (mr lusche) please explain how hit % works.  Is machine guns and cannon rounds counted the same way? Yes If you die do the rounds left in your plane count? No If I land do the the rounds left count? No Is it simply rounds fired versus rounds hitting the target? Yes In fighter mode do rounds hitting ground targets or objects count like they do in attack mode or only rounds hitting planes? Only planes If I hit a bomber or plane , I chop their wing off but they are still in the plane do rounds hitting that plane after critical damage has been done but before kill has been registered count? Yes as long as you're seeing hit sprites they count. thank you in advance.
That's how it's always been, unless there's a change I missed.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 12:41:19 AM »

But works only in attack mode. ;)

Myth. :)

It's theoretically possible to do that in attack mode. But doing it that way would give you a great kill hit % but a horrible damage hit % (the one counting bombs & rockets) at the same time, so the net effect is hardly 'worth' it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 12:50:55 AM »
Most has already been answered but as my name was invoked for some odd reason (wouldn't Pyro or HT the better ones for such questions?), I will still go through it.

Is machine guns and cannon rounds counted the same way?

Almost. The practical difference is that cannon rounds are also creating a blast damage, so that you also can get a 'hit' when not hitting your target directly, which comes into play at vulching.

If you die do the rounds left in your plane count? If I land do the the rounds left count?

Hell no. You think anybody would ever fly the P-47 again? ;)

Is it simply rounds fired versus rounds hitting the target?

Basically yes.

In fighter mode do rounds hitting ground targets or objects count like they do in attack mode or only rounds hitting planes?

Objects do not count in fighter mode.
However, I think that hit's on player driven ground targets (=vehicles) do count, but don't quote me on that ;)

If I hit a bomber or plane , I chop their wing off but they are still in the plane do rounds hitting that plane after critical damage has been done but before kill has been registered count?

I don't think so.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »

If I hit a bomber or plane , I chop their wing off but they are still in the plane do rounds hitting that plane after critical damage has been done but before kill has been registered count? thank you in advance.
I don't think so.
I'm pretty sure I gave a correct answer on this.  If you see hit sprites, they count as hits for hit%.  There have been odd-ball lag issues, where you may not see hit sprites, and in those instances they don't count

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 01:38:57 AM »
However, I think that hit's on player driven ground targets (=vehicles) do count, but don't quote me on that ;)

It never used to be that way unless it's changed.  Only air-to-air targets count in fighter hit%.  They hurt you in fighter mode but count in attack mode.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 02:43:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure I gave a correct answer on this.  If you see hit sprites, they count as hits for hit%.  There have been odd-ball lag issues, where you may not see hit sprites, and in those instances they don't count

This is not technically correct. Record film sometime and then when you play it back check out how many 'more' hits you actually see.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 06:12:53 AM »
I wonder if canon shooters would on average have a better hit ratio than say all 50 cal planes?  I know with the P47 and P38 with the large 50 cal load out,  I pull the trigger early and often.  On the Seafire with the canons, I have a light trigger finger.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 06:55:28 AM »
Strafing vehicules does count for the fighter hit%, I remember killing a few M3's'at the start of a tour and ending up with 20+% after landin the sortie. Agreed its anecdotical.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 07:51:18 AM »
It never used to be that way unless it's changed.  Only air-to-air targets count in fighter hit%.  They hurt you in fighter mode but count in attack mode.

The reason I said I think otherwise is the same experience as Noir had. Flying my Hurri I in fightermode (cause it could only be flown in that) in base defense vs CVs and strafing LVts a lot, yet hit% didn't go down but up. And that's not a recent experience but about 5 years ago.

That's why I concluded hits vs 'player objects' do count for fighter hit%, only vs objects it does not.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 07:57:09 AM »
I wonder if canon shooters would on average have a better hit ratio than say all 50 cal planes? 

Depends all on how you are using these guns.

Let'S take two players with identical skill levels, PlayerA and Player B. Both are flying a Jug and a 109K, but in a different way

Player A uses the 47 to fight other fighters, zooming through furballs and so on, while attacking bombers with his 109.
Player B does the opposite: He will hunt bombers in the Jug while attacking fighters in furballs with his tater-tossing Messerschmitt.

Player A is much more likely to have a very much lower hit%.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »
This is not technically correct. Record film sometime and then when you play it back check out how many 'more' hits you actually see.

Hit sprites on film are simply a recording of the hit detection on your front end live.  Nothing "new" happens in the film.  Only the work load on your computer, and the ability to view the hits from any angle you choose change.