Author Topic: Why does AH seem to work so much better with Nvidia?  (Read 4171 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Why does AH seem to work so much better with Nvidia?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
ATI cards have always handled AA better than Nvidia cards while Nvidia cards to a better job with shadows.

Yep.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 12:39:16 AM »
I've got an older system by todays standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

About a year ago I started experiencing very occasional and random "flashes" on my screen (a bright white semi-second flash).  Soon after that I started to experience game freeze-ups when looking around very quickly while sitting on a v base (and only in that situation).  The flashes are nothing more than annoying.  The freeze up's force me to hard power off, reboot and re-enter the game.  My system boots relatively qyuickly for a spin drive and my system/cpu/graphics temps are always normal when booting back up.

I've tried older and newer drivers to no avail.  I've not reported this as I don't really play that much anymore.

I find it interesting TC mentioned a "fix" for ATI cards because I'm guessing now it corresponds with the glitches I started to see with my Nvidia card.

I also have no other issues in any other game than AH.

Because of this I've actually been a little PO'd that AH allowed the disco reconnection feature as it buries the real number of discos and glitches being experienced by the players.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:41:08 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 01:47:05 AM »
I've got an older system by todays standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

:aok That piece of wisdom will be quoted in my sig. Talking about regression is nonsense as long as people can afford unnecessary upgrades.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 06:10:25 AM »
<snip>
Because of this I've actually been a little PO'd that AH allowed the disco reconnection feature as it buries the real number of discos and glitches being experienced by the players.

Actually, it does not mask anything.  The server records the disconnects.  The purpose of the reconnect is too work around the 89% Internet/network related discos we have no control over.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 04:11:29 PM »
Awesome, thanks Skuzzy, I know that took a bit of time away from you.

That's pretty much what I expected to see as well, Skuzzy's system being very new and high end and all, but now it's plainly visible for any and all to see results wise.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 02:46:08 PM »
My 7850 has lately developed a disturbing flashing lines from about center of the screen. They originate from the center and extend to the sides. It looks like as if the texture tears and goes back to normal very rapidly. It came up a few months ago after a game update.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
My 7850 has lately developed a disturbing flashing lines from about center of the screen. They originate from the center and extend to the sides. It looks like as if the texture tears and goes back to normal very rapidly. It came up a few months ago after a game update.

-C+

I had them too untill I updated to the beta driver. Try it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 11:55:23 AM »
I'll be damned, it worked. Installed 13.3 Beta2s and the annoying flickering is gone.

Thx Rip!

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 04:38:09 PM »
I'll be damned, it worked. Installed 13.3 Beta2s and the annoying flickering is gone.

Thx Rip!

-C+

What driver version were you using?  13.4 is out and seems pretty stable in winblows XP.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »
The previous one was Cat 13.1 WHQL.
I also tried 13.2 but the same problem persisted.

-C+

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2013, 01:54:24 AM »
What driver version were you using?  13.4 is out and seems pretty stable in winblows XP.

I installed 13.4 on XP SP3 and it appears to have not only fixed the flashing line artifacts and misplaced object problems, but also the Z-fighting issues I was having.  Also, the fps are either the same or perhaps even higher than my previous driver.  [Radeon 7870]

Offline numb1

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 12:07:35 AM »
We do not cap the frame rate.  If you checked the "Disable VSync" option in the "Video Settings" we run as fast as the video card drivers/hardware will allow.

The attached image shows my system (ATI 7950), at home, running 1920x1080, full anti-aliasing, 2048 texture size, and all graphics options checked in the "Options->Graphic Details->Advanced" panel.

I checked the "Disable VSync" option for this test.

I only noticed it in offline as i have been away from game for a little bit building my gaming rig..But it does not go above 100fps..It really just stays right at 100.I have everything maxed out except the update slider.I am also at 1440p..
I5-3570k,Asus Sabertooth,Corsair H100i,Corsair AX850,Two His IceQX2 7950 boost cards in crossfire,Cooler master Storm Stryker case,Western Digital 1tb HD,Intel 180gb SSD,Qnix 27in 1440p PLS OCed to 120hz monitor

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2013, 11:13:52 AM »
I installed 13.4 on XP SP3 and it appears to have not only fixed the flashing line artifacts and misplaced object problems, but also the Z-fighting issues I was having.  Also, the fps are either the same or perhaps even higher than my previous driver.  [Radeon 7870]

I'm so happy that it's worked for you!

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline numb1

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2013, 11:55:24 PM »
We do not cap the frame rate.  If you checked the "Disable VSync" option in the "Video Settings" we run as fast as the video card drivers/hardware will allow.

The attached image shows my system (ATI 7950), at home, running 1920x1080, full anti-aliasing, 2048 texture size, and all graphics options checked in the "Options->Graphic Details->Advanced" panel.

I checked the "Disable VSync" option for this test.

It must have been something else locking my frame at 100..I went in there yesterday and was at 150 fps at 1440p with everything maxed except the slider turned off..With any notch of slider i get some coil whine..
I5-3570k,Asus Sabertooth,Corsair H100i,Corsair AX850,Two His IceQX2 7950 boost cards in crossfire,Cooler master Storm Stryker case,Western Digital 1tb HD,Intel 180gb SSD,Qnix 27in 1440p PLS OCed to 120hz monitor

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 12:53:54 AM »
I only noticed it in offline as i have been away from game for a little bit building my gaming rig..But it does not go above 100fps..It really just stays right at 100.I have everything maxed out except the update slider.I am also at 1440p..

When I SLI'd my machine I was getting 280-320 fps in the MA but I couldn't enable vsync so the screen tearing sucked.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.