Author Topic: Saitec X52 pro settings not working after transferring settings file  (Read 258 times)

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
I added another harddrive to my computer and used laplink pcmover to transfer a number of things over, including aces high and saitek x52 pro joystick.

The joystick settings were not working properly, so I deleted the settings folder and transferred the saved settings file from a usb jumpdrive onto the new harddrive. Yet the settings are not being applied. Sure, I can manully apply the setting, but I'd like to just drag the files over. Any ideas apprecaited.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:25:20 PM by FGBullet »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Saitec X52 pro settings not working after transferring settings file
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 06:16:09 AM »
Did you install Aces High in the "Programs Files" folder or in its default location?

If you are using an ICON on the desktop to start the game, then right-click on the ICON, select "Properties" and it will show the path of the executable you are using.

If the game is being run out of the "Program Files" folder and the operating system is Vista, or later, then all the game data files are in a virtual store which you do not have direct access to.  It is way we stopped placing the game in the "Program Files" folder.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »
I just reinstalled the game in the default location. I deleted the settings folder and replaced it with my previous settings folder. For some reason, the settings are not working? Stumped as to why they're not working.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:23:55 AM »
Did you remove the desktop ICON before re-installing?

It sounds like you have multiple copies of the game installed and the desktop ICON is pointing to one which you are not updating when you copy the 'settings' folder to.

Best to just remove everything related to the game (including any desktop ICONS), except the 'settings' folder you want to preserve, then install the game again.

Be sure the files in the 'settings' folder you want to keep are not marked read-only.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com