Author Topic: Killing shade for achievements  (Read 5112 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Killing shade for achievements
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »
You guys sure caught him good.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 12:33:27 AM »
$15 a month is a major bargain.. Consider this - most games that are pay to play, have a "buy" system in which you can buy things to improve your game at a cost. Early World of Warcraft was great, there was no "buy" system, you just bought gold. Later on you could buy characters and not even have to level them.
Aces High reminds me of a Japanese sushi bar I loved, one of their biggest problems is they never charged enough and closed down- there food was so good I would pay double for it, however they ran themselves into the ground being cheap.

Even if Aces high was $20 or $25 Its still cheap considering the hours of play/spent in game vs other games on the market.
JG 52

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 02:12:34 PM »
 :headscratch: I want to have two accounts so i can bomb all the fighter hangers on a large field in one pass.  :bolt:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »
You guys sure caught him good.

:uhoh

Here comes another lameness defense.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 02:33:02 PM »
:headscratch: I want to have two accounts so i can bomb all the fighter hangers on a large field in one pass.  :bolt:

There would be nothing wrong with that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 02:42:09 PM »
the funny part is they don't know what they are missing doing achievements especially the hard ones the way they were intended to be done.
Very much this.  It isn't an achievement if you cheated to get it.  The only person you are really cheating is yourself.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »
$15 a month is a major bargain.. Consider this - most games that are pay to play, have a "buy" system in which you can buy things to improve your game at a cost. Early World of Warcraft was great, there was no "buy" system, you just bought gold. Later on you could buy characters and not even have to level them.
Aces High reminds me of a Japanese sushi bar I loved, one of their biggest problems is they never charged enough and closed down- there food was so good I would pay double for it, however they ran themselves into the ground being cheap.

Even if Aces high was $20 or $25 Its still cheap considering the hours of play/spent in game vs other games on the market.

I wouldn't pay that much, I only play a few hours a month. I keep paying even when I play very little because it is a good deal. Have been a constant subscriber for coming up to ten years this autumn because the price is reasonable. If they doubled the price I doubt they would bring in exactly double the money because a lot of folks would be forced to cancel subs during quiet months.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 04:42:26 PM »
Very much this.  It isn't an achievement if you cheated to get it.  The only person you are really cheating is yourself.
I can't tell if you and fester are being sarcastic or not.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 04:50:51 PM »
I can't tell if you and fester are being sarcastic or not.

I am not.  An achievement is only worth doing if you do it fairly.  If you just cheat, well, who are you impressing with the bits of data that show you have it?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 05:31:45 PM »

I wouldn't pay that much, I only play a few hours a month. I keep paying even when I play very little because it is a good deal. Have been a constant subscriber for coming up to ten years this autumn because the price is reasonable. If they doubled the price I doubt they would bring in exactly double the money because a lot of folks would be forced to cancel subs during quiet months.

I haven't looked, but I rarely flew if 1 sortie in the previous 9 months, I still paid my account - I didn't want to lose my perks as I felt I was going to eventually come back, but I think I just recently canceled all together only to in fact fly again.

There is something missing, I dunno but I just dont feel the same coming back as I normally do, I'm usually eager to get flying and in the training arena helping - but I think I'm just going to probably end up flying a few times and giving up for good.
JG 52

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 05:34:09 PM »
Try something new? Have you done the whole dueing things yet? Or maybe the smart flying MA survival thing? Or if you have done that a lot then the crzy low alt MA suicide furball thing? Any part of the game you have not got into yet?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
Try something new? Have you done the whole dueing things yet? Or maybe the smart flying MA survival thing? Or if you have done that a lot then the crzy low alt MA suicide furball thing? Any part of the game you have not got into yet?

I've done everything a few times around, the achievements are silly as I've completed if not everyone of them a few times - even the impossible ones (before the system came out) so it gives me no interest in attempting to do them again when I can count on my fingers how many times I've done each one.
JG 52

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »
BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!  :rofl
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 06:17:28 PM »
I am not.  An achievement is only worth doing if you do it fairly.  If you just cheat, well, who are you impressing with the bits of data that show you have it?
And if you don't cheat who are you impressing with the bits of data? Is it worth it to be that emotionally invested in a video game? All video games are just variations of space invaders and pac man.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 06:23:50 PM »
Wow.  Thats almost as bad as folks using the rearm pad to pad their scores.  Which a GAZILLION peep do!

You have to make this game your own I think because there are so many ways to exploit scores.  Score   is   meaningless.

I up. I fly to a base and shoot down red things.  Hopefully return in one piece.  Hopefully return!  I could not tell you my score...ever.  I do look at some "stats".  I know how many times I shoot at the moon and do crazy things that skew numbers.  AFK kills me half the time.  If I get more kills than deaths good enough.  Having a B-L-A-S-T doing it.  Great to have an opportunity to fly such well modeled planes.  What do I know.
-- Flying as X15 --