Author Topic: Killing shade for achievements  (Read 4772 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Killing shade for achievements
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2013, 01:59:19 AM »

Sound familiar?

Yeah. Your point being?

Mine was who cares? Not really a defense of the action more of a question. I find it sad people go through stats and come to the forums like conquering heroes when they find a shade vulcher.

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2013, 02:01:25 AM »
Yeah. Your point being?

Mine was who cares? Not really a defense of the action more of a question. I find it sad people go through stats and come to the forums like conquering heroes when they find a shade vulcher.

You asked where you defended shade vulching (you must have a very short memory).  I pointed out where you did.  Simple.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2013, 02:02:04 AM »
You asked where you defended shade vulching (you must have a very short memory).  I pointed out where you did.  Simple.

Yeah where is that defending shade vulching? (You must have reading comprehension problem.) Simple.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2013, 02:05:58 AM »
Yeah where is that defending shade vulching? (You must have reading comprehension problem.)

Let me point it out for you; three times in a thread about shade vulching you said, and I qoute; "It's not a big deal".  Evidently memory isn't your only mental issue.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2013, 02:07:39 AM »
Let me point it out for you; three times in a thread about shade vulcing you said, and I qoute; "It's not a big deal".  Evidently memory isn't your only mental issue.

Yes you have to be able to see a distinction between saying something is not a big deal and accepting it as okay. That may be too complicated a concept for you to understand but that is fine.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2013, 02:09:38 AM »
Saying "it's not a big deal"   or   "who cares"   is not the same as saying   "it's OK to do that".  just FYI.

personally I am with Sukov in the "who gives a toss" camp, and it seems like HiTech is as well :old:

score obsessed busybodies keep making threads on this and crying about the injustice, but it's not actually hurting anybody *shrug*
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2013, 02:12:25 AM »
Yes you have to be able to see a distinction between saying something is not a big deal and accepting it as okay. That may be too complicated a concept for you to understand but that is fine.

You were quite accepting of the fact the player that was the subject of that thread was shade vulching.  If you don't think it's OK why would you say it's not a big deal?  Clearly cheating isn't a big deal to you.  That speaks volumes about your charachter.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2013, 02:15:00 AM »
I already seen a few people I know have cheated the system, what I can't figure out is why you would do this when your flying skills are on par with 5'oclock charlie.
Perks are easy to get. Rank is easy to get, if you bother to learn the game everything can be learned in time - not over night as some want - but if Aces high was to be beaten in 30 days or less it would be sold for XBOX or playstation instead.

/just wish some of my previous achievements could be added maybe have a "veteran" player achievement could be added - get some of the record breakers from people like fester - i.e top 10 people to see who can shoot down the most without a death - if someone breaks the top 10 their name bumps someone off

Then again these would be legit and known players to accomplish this, shade killers would be spotted far to easy.

JG 52

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2013, 02:44:06 AM »
Has anybody thought about getting easy perks by searching these obviously skilless noobs and shooting both them and their shades continuously down?  :devil

Speaking about whether perk farming with a shade were acceptable or not, the old saying comparing stealing an egg and an ox is still valid. On the other hand, many other games are based on getting better equipment with money and new players being born in that environment might well think the same rule would apply here. After all, they're doing it themselves in the actual game instead of paying some Korean youngster for it. And as been said, flying a perked plane doesn't make an ace. I know that by personal experience: I've earned enough perks to fly a 262, but I won't because I'd suck in one even more than in my usual ride.

The sad thing about shade based perk farming is that new players who get disappointed because they can't get kills in LW despite their "best ride money can buy" will soon leave the game, leaving the arenas to us old grumps.  :old:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2013, 02:57:23 AM »
You were quite accepting of the fact the player that was the subject of that thread was shade vulching.  If you don't think it's OK why would you say it's not a big deal?  Clearly cheating isn't a big deal to you.  That speaks volumes about your charachter.

You can infer what ever you like about my character.

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2013, 07:45:15 AM »
5 pages about something that affects NO-ONE other than the dood doing it!

Do this many people really care about this?

:huh

JUGgler

Maybe it's the older, smarter generation TRYING to teach the younger and dumber generation something about integrity, honor, and class not only in a game but real life as well seeing it does carry over.

Offline gblade30

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »
Caught starlite "practicing 110 vs lancs" in midwar with awacz. Did some research on stats, turns out he practices ALOT on awacz lancs,and other planes/gvs but awacz doesnt get any practice time :(

looks to me like the type of guy that paints his nails and has an under the knee wank. and thinks someone else is doing it

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
Have to have the last word? Really fighting the old woman image.

If you ask me if I have to have the last word, isn't that your lame attempt at getting the last word?  :)  Last word...  :rofl

Also, what issue do you have with older women?  Are you angry at people who don't cheat at games and older women? 

If you'd just admit that your bud shade vulches and you'd like for people to not look down on him I think we could get to the core of this for you.  As it stands, you're just doing a poor job of trying to making others feel lame for calling shade vulching lame.   

So which one of your buds shade vulches?  I won't tell... promise.   :angel:   

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »
Saying "it's not a big deal"   or   "who cares"   is not the same as saying   "it's OK to do that".  just FYI.

personally I am with Sukov in the "who gives a toss" camp, and it seems like HiTech is as well :old:

score obsessed busybodies keep making threads on this and crying about the injustice, but it's not actually hurting anybody *shrug*

Check out the ArchieD thread.  He was using his shade vulching spoils to up 262's with far more regularity than he otherwise would have.  Cheating to obtain perk points is just as lame as punching in cheat codes.  It should be called as such.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2013, 09:52:20 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:46:40 PM by Skuzzy »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."