Author Topic: One determined dog...  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Re: One determined dog...
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:42 AM »
A buddy of mine has a pitbull.  When I visit and knock you would think that I was a luntic to go inside...Scooby (his name) goes completely nuts and sounds ferocious as hell.  But, he's more likely to lick me to death than bite me.  The worst he has done is to "bag" me when jumping up for attention. 

They can be the best dogs or the worst, depending on who owns them.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 09:12:17 AM »
Ya know, I had a feeling something was wrong when I looked to see that this thread hit page 2.  What did I find?  It turned into a anti-pit bull/political-ish debate.  Surprised this didn't go down the gun control route while it was at it... :rolleyes:

I've never met a pit that was aggressive towards people. Most of them are just oversized lap dogs.

Get some experience with the dog before you decide the entire species should be wiped off the planet.

Might wanna clean yourself up...there's some Hitler running down your chin.

:lol

BUT DID HE GET IT!?!?!?!

Good question. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 10:09:15 AM »
Speaking of guns, I think pitbulls can be catergorized like guns in this regard.
People say guns kill, but in reality is
the person who pulls the trigger.

My 2 cents is no the dog is not a killer but as people said it's who owns it and how it's treated.
Same with rottwielers. I know several families who own them as family pets. Walk in your fine. Break in your screwed.

As for those statistics, he's not saying the dog is bad, just the stigma following the dog
is not without some proof. Buy pits being only 5% of dogs owned and being responsible for 60% of attacks, that's pretty crazy
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »
And i thought my dog is crazy  :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 06:05:24 PM »
Someone died as a result
of a dog attack Today. Guess what lind of dog it was :headscratch:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:06:58 PM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 06:21:40 PM »
Someone died as a result
of a dog attack Today. Guess what lind of dog it was :headscratch:

You got the news report of it? I'd love to see how the owner had treated that dog.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 06:52:50 PM »
I actually misheard the news report.

None the less here's the report
http://www.swrnn.com/2013/05/09/deputies-shoot-kill-attacking-pitbull-in-san-jacinto/
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »
Personally, I'm not anti PB.  I have family members that have owned them for as long as I can remember...

I find them gawdawful ugly, not all that "sharp", and worthless for what I like to use dogs for, but that's a different discussion.

I did find two things interesting about your post though.

Until you can find me some hard evidence that pitbulls are naturally aggressive towards people at all time, i'm not buying your opinion.

At all times?  Really?  Is there any animal in the world that's aggressive towards people at all times?  That hardly seems like a reasonable...

This part interested me too.

...has encouraged unscrupulous breeders to produce puppies without maintaining the pit bull’s typical good nature with people.

What's the long-term effect of that?

In the end, I'd consider the PB to be a dangerous animal.  I don't think it's a stretch to consider MANY dogs to be dangerous animals.  Some more-so than others, of course.

Now, is the PB as dangerous as a car, a flight of stairs, or a wet or water-filled bathtub (or bucket)?  Probably not.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 07:33:24 PM »

I did find two things interesting about your post though.

At all times?  Really?  Is there any animal in the world that's aggressive towards people at all times?  That hardly seems like a reasonable...

This part interested me too.

What's the long-term effect of that?

In the end, I'd consider the PB to be a dangerous animal.  I don't think it's a stretch to consider MANY dogs to be dangerous animals.  Some more-so than others, of course.

Now, is the PB as dangerous as a car, a flight of stairs, or a wet or water-filled bathtub (or bucket)?  Probably not.

Answer to the first question: I'd find that lions, cheetas, and pretty much every other big cat out there in the wild would kill you in a heartbeat given they've gotten the chance. Don't confuse these animals with the ones born in captivity, because those have been taught to be able to not kill humans, but still do it sometimes.

Answer to the second question: Read the whole article. You'll find it in there.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »
Personally I prefer German shepards, Doberman pincshers, and labs.

On a side note ,
when I went to the last year and almost got a pb(had blue eyes. I'm a sucker for blue eyes). So I have no personall qualms with the dogs. But those statics are hard to argue with.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 07:50:06 PM »
Answer to the first question: I'd find that lions, cheetas, and pretty much every other big cat out there in the wild would kill you in a heartbeat given they've gotten the chance. Don't confuse these animals with the ones born in captivity, because those have been taught to be able to not kill humans, but still do it sometimes.

None of those animals meet the criteria that you asked for though (in order for you to buy his opinion).  None of them are aggressive towards people at all times (naturally or not).

I've been in positions (in the wild) with big cats (mountain lions) that had the chance/opportunity to kill me, but they didn't.  I played cat and mouse with one for over 30 minutes (it appeared to be stalking me initially) in NW Colorado.  However, it was not aggressive with me the entire time (i.e at all times) that I was aware of its presence, so it didn't meet your criteria either.  I've had similar experiences twice in western Montana.  To the best of my knowledge I was not killed.

Answer to the second question: Read the whole article. You'll find it in there.

It was hypothetical.  I knew the answer when I asked it.  The purpose of asking it was to bring attention to the statement.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
  To the best of my knowledge I was not killed.

:rofl
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 08:18:11 PM »
None of those animals meet the criteria that you asked for though (in order for you to buy his opinion).  None of them are aggressive towards people at all times (naturally or not).

This right here is BS.

ANY animal in the world.

Any. Animal.

How could those not fit the specified criteria?

Is there any animal in the world that's aggressive towards people at all times?

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 08:23:05 PM »
You got the news report of it? I'd love to see how the owner had treated that dog.

You really don't believe that it is the owners fault every time do you? You do know dogs have had crappy owners since the beginning of time right? The difference is most other dogs with crappy owners don't KILL people. Sure there are hundred upon thousands of dog bites every single day by all breeds of dogs, but PB are KILLING people (especially children). How can you blatantly ignore the stats and facts right in front of your face and blame only the owners. The breed is a problem. Maybe not every single PB but the breed as a whole. Again the cause of 60% of DEATHS and only account for LESS than 5% of the total dog population. It is clearly a breed problem.