Author Topic: having some balance troubles or is everybody cool with this?  (Read 6160 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: having some balance troubles or is everybody cool with this?
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2013, 09:42:46 PM »
No. The Allies should use the B5N as well. In fact, the Kate is still an upgrade over the Devastator.

Then there's no making you happy.  

To make it fair .... lets your and my squad trade for the last frame. I doubt it would compromise
each sides orders.  :t
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:48:47 PM by Arlo »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »
Then there's no making you happy.  
What do you mean "no making me happy." ?
There are many hard to fix issues with early PTO setups. Finding a more reasonable substitute for the TBD Devastator is a fairly easy one to implement in the future. I seriously doubt that HTC will add a TBD anytime soon.
I'm not trying to cause a fuss, just trying to offer a possible solution the imbalance that clearly exists, unlike most people in the 6 pages of this thread, who seem to only want to troll and argue.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2013, 11:08:07 PM »
There isn't the imbalance you perceive in early PTO. It's just a long standing excuse. I'd be willing to trade places with you, personally this frame.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »
There isn't the imbalance you perceive in early PTO. It's just a long standing excuse.

You're too funny sometimes Arlo. Subbing in a mid 44 aircraft into a setup 2 years before its introduction is the very definition of imbalance in this case.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2013, 06:02:22 AM »
You know there's nothing else available to practically sub for a USN torpedo bomber, right?  ;)

I'm thinking both of you may ought to read the logs of this event before hyperventilating
over the TBMs subbing for TBDs and the extreme unfairness of it all. 

Check with Fester for A6M lessons:

Frame 1

Fester

23:59:41 Departed from Field #34 in a A6M2
00:21:55 Awarded kill as SIRB crashes.
00:22:19 Helps kappa shoot down FiLtH.
00:30:34 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by mbailey.
00:31:09 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by Triton28.
00:31:53 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by cobra89.
00:35:21 Helps kappa shoot down Trap78.
00:40:42 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by cactus.
00:48:24 Shot down a SBD-5 flown by Wulf149.

:D

Some of the argument isn't so much that the TBM is overmodelled against the A6M2 ( which is normally would be, but Kermit is a killing machine )

However, how would that have panned out if Kermit had been flying the D3A?  I would be willing to wager one of UnclKurt's major body parts the result would not have been the same.

Now, take that a step further.. Kermit stays in the D3A and the TBMS are swapped out with TBD Devastators..  That's MY point in all this.  Now the D3A driver has hope to be able to kill something.. if not simply being able to keep up with it.

Should be interesting to see how tonight pans out..    :rofl

Again, nothing we can really do about it.. just addressing the question as to why some aren't love-sick over the early PTO matchups.

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
Simple, just replace the TBM's with SBD's.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »
You're too funny sometimes Arlo. Subbing in a mid 44 aircraft into a setup 2 years before its introduction is the very definition of imbalance in this case.

Fester had no difficulty. You're argument is exaggerated. Perspective is everything.
I said I was willing to trade boots with you to see if it's mine that's at fault. This
is a 'man up or stop your whining moment' by definition.  :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2013, 11:10:52 AM »
Some of the argument isn't so much that the TBM is overmodelled against the A6M2 ( which is normally would be, but Kermit is a killing machine )

However, how would that have panned out if Kermit had been flying the D3A?  I would be willing to wager one of UnclKurt's major body parts the result would not have been the same.

Now, take that a step further.. Kermit stays in the D3A and the TBMS are swapped out with TBD Devastators..  That's MY point in all this.  Now the D3A driver has hope to be able to kill something.. if not simply being able to keep up with it.

Should be interesting to see how tonight pans out..    :rofl

Again, nothing we can really do about it.. just addressing the question as to why some aren't love-sick over the early PTO matchups.

If you're attempting to shore up a 'it's the pilot not the plane' argument .... by all means, sir.  :aok

VF-17 isn't love sick over non-PTO events but I don't recall  anyone in my squad resorting to all this
public whining about flying the I-16.  (I actually enjoyed it - you can enjoy anything in events if you
try.) :D

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
Simple, just replace the TBM's with SBD's.

SBDs don't carry torpedos. Besides even our SBD model is later than the Coral Sea era by at least a year.

The B5N will still do its job, as will the D3A and A6m2.

AH's IJN carrier strike aircraft and USN carrier strike aircraft are of slightly different generations. We have the ability to do a resonable  Late 1942 CV duel, Anything later and we don't have the right Japanese strike aircraft anything earlier and we don't have the correct US strike aircraft. Actually with the aircraft we have Battle of the Eastern Solomons and Santa Cruz are the two CV Battles we can do the most historic justice to.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:38:34 AM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2013, 11:45:08 AM »
Fester had no difficulty. You're argument is exaggerated. Perspective is everything.
I said I was willing to trade boots with you to see if it's mine that's at fault. This
is a 'man up or stop your whining moment' by definition.  :)

One person doing well doesn't change the fact its the wrong plane for this setup.

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
SBDs don't carry torpedos. Besides even our SBD model is pre Coral Sea by at least a year.

The B5N will still do its job, as will the D3A and A6m2.

AH's IJN carrier strike aircraft and USN carrier strike aircraft are of slightly different generations. We have the ability to do a resonable  Late 1942 CV duel, Anything later and we don't have the right Japanese strike aircraft anything earlier and we don't have the correct US strike aircraft. Actually with the aircraft we have Battle of the Eastern Solomons and Santa Cruz are the two CV Battles we can do the most historic justice to.

Actually it was a tongue in cheek response.
Also I believe you meant our SBD is post Coral Sea.
Until every plane is modeled in AH, we make due with what we have.
Besides it's not like the allied's upped thirty more fighters than we were supposed to.  

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2013, 12:25:05 PM »
Also I believe you meant our SBD is post Coral Sea.

That is correct I worded it wrong.

If you're attempting to shore up a 'it's the pilot not the plane' argument .... by all means, sir.  :aok

VF-17 isn't love sick over non-PTO events but I don't recall  anyone in my squad resorting to all this
public whining about flying the I-16.  (I actually enjoyed it - you can enjoy anything in events if you
try.) :D

Good to hear you say that.. Some of the Luftwaffe guys might want to take a break from flying Japanese for a couple of PTO setups.. Maybe you VF-17 guys would enjoy hanging out with the Japanese for a PTO setup or two.  :aok

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2013, 01:35:30 PM »
Good to hear you say that.. .. Maybe you VF-17 guys would enjoy hanging out with the Japanese for a PTO setup or two.  :aok

:bhead

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2013, 04:03:19 PM »
That is correct I worded it wrong.

Good to hear you say that.. Some of the Luftwaffe guys might want to take a break from flying Japanese for a couple of PTO setups.. Maybe you VF-17 guys would enjoy hanging out with the Japanese for a PTO setup or two.  :aok

Not a problem as long as the next time we're flying North Africa you axis guys take the P-40's and we get the 109's.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »
Not a problem as long as the next time we're flying North Africa you axis guys take the P-40's and we get the 109's.

Last two times there was a Med setup with 109s and P-40s you guys were Axis.  :aok
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:21:27 PM by Shifty »