Author Topic: having some balance troubles or is everybody cool with this?  (Read 6307 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: having some balance troubles or is everybody cool with this?
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2013, 04:39:14 PM »
p40 vs 109 is actually a fun fight.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »
Last two times there was a Med setup with 109s and P-40s you guys were Axis.  :aok

LOL ok, but I think you miss the point.
Many of the axis squads are just that. They fly axis almost exclusively. If you're going to do that then don't whine when the set-up doesn't favor the axis. They did lose the war after all, and only held a small advantage in certain theaters for a brief time.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
One person doing well doesn't change the fact its the wrong plane for this setup.

What is the point of this complaint?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »
That is correct I worded it wrong.

Good to hear you say that.. Some of the Luftwaffe guys might want to take a break from flying Japanese for a couple of PTO setups.. Maybe you VF-17 guys would enjoy hanging out with the Japanese for a PTO setup or two.  :aok

As for me, sure. I may even fly against my beloved Corsair.  ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2013, 06:08:40 PM »
Many of the axis squads are just that. They fly axis almost exclusively. If you're going to do that then don't whine when the set-up doesn't favor the axis. They did lose the war after all, and only held a small advantage in certain theaters for a brief time.

Shifty's not a whiner, IIRC.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »

No I didn't miss any point and I haven't whined. Personally I like being Japanese in the early PTO, but I don't blame those that dislike it. The point you're missing is you guys mainly fly Axis and request Axis until it is a PTO setup. Then you expect to be Allied and get your Blue planes. There are a lot of Luftwaffe guys that don't like flying Japanese, but suck it up and do it anyway so you Navy guys get your fix. If they want to grumble a little bit and have some complaints, so what? I'm just saying cut em some slack they're doing something you guys don't want to do. Keep referring to them as whiners and telling them they need to buck up and fly like Fester, they may just decide they'd rather fly blue planes next PTO. Just a little respect and courtesy goes a long way. :salute

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »
Just a little respect and courtesy goes a long way. :salute

On account of it being such a rare commodity these days.

<S> Shifty
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »
.... they're doing something you guys don't want to do. Keep referring to them as whiners and telling them they need to buck up and fly like Fester, they may just decide they'd rather fly blue planes next PTO. Just a little respect and courtesy goes a long way. :salute

Don't generalize! :D You know me, Shifty. And I recall not only being in VF-17
but leading it at a time where we flew any and everything without complaint
for a rare chance to fly our beloved Corsair in a mid or late PTO setup. Hell, I
even designed a PTO AvA setup subbing jets and rocket planes for the Axis
side just to draw players for the opposing side at a time when JG squads just
plain refused to fly even NiKs against -1s. In AvA we even split the squad and
flew against each other in PTO setups because of such.

FSO is a wonderful character builder .... for anyone willing to let it be.  :aok :cheers:

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »
FSO is a wonderful character builder .... for anyone willing to let it be.  :aok :cheers:

Point well made, and I don't whine,, I critique.  :D

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »
Point well made, and I don't whine,, I critique.  :D

I know that.  :)

Anyhow .... frame three tonight and let the chips fall where they were dropped from the bag.

:salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »
Banzai Yankee Air Pirate.  :salute

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »
Let me clarify one thing here.  I only request the side that I feel will give us the best chance at survivability and the best performance.  We have a history doing will in 109s, and I will take a plane that we do well in over a plane that we generally do poorly in any day.  Several times we have not gotten the side we requested (*cough Shifty   ;)) but we did not complain about it.  I have never given anything but courtesy to the FSO community, and will gladly fly whatever we get.  I just attempt to get my squad into the aircraft that I feel we can preform the best in, whether it be a 109 or a corsair.  That is the simple reasoning behind what we do.   

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2013, 08:06:05 PM »
Shifty let me first say that I wasn't calling you a whiner, and I apologize if you took it that way.  I didn't take any of what you said as a whine. There have been however several whines in this thread from people that fly only axis.

We (VF-17) fly whatever we are assigned. Yes, we prefer the blue planes, we are a blue plane squad after all. We have a dedicated corsair training night for pete's sake. Would we fly against blue planes? Yes, we might not be happy about it, but we would do our job to the best of our abilities. We don't always get the ride we want, but we also don't complain when we don't. We do what we are assigned to do.

Most of us are not real happy when we get TBM's, but until now no one has said anything about it.  Personally I would much prefer a SBD to a TBM. We still fly our missions to the best of our abilities no matter what ride, or what side we are on. For those that don't like the TBM's being in the early pac scenarios request the devastator next time HTC asks. I doubt we will get it, but you never know. Imo a torpedo mission is a suicide mission no matter what side you are on,or what ride you are in.

Many of us in VF-17 are also 109 geeks. Does that make us bad people? Probably, but it is what it is.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
This thread has gone from SBDs killing B5Ns at Coral Sea all the way to 109s vs P-40s in the MTO.  ;)  Every squad VF-17 included has every right to request what they want to fly. I know full well VF-17's dedication to the Corsair. I was in VF-17 a few years back in fact I made a lot of the avatars and sig blocks you guys are still wearing now. Those of you that love the 109 too are just living wrong.  :P There is nothing wrong with the way VF-17 does business or requests its sides or airplanes. My point was early IJN is a very hard sale. For a few history geeks like me it is appealing. For many it just it is not. The point of my post was just to say.. You can't expect everyone to be happy in any setup. Especially these early PTO ones, so cut em a little slack if they complain. These guys are also  your teammates when you're flying 109s. That was and is my point. True we all get our turn in the barrel, however some barrels just smell better than others.  :cheers:

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »
As long as the beer isnt stale and BC hasnt pissed in it, the barrell is usually pretty fun.  Bombers arent hard to fly, and usually give plenty of time for drinking.  :cheers:

T- 1hr and 10 minutes.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.