Author Topic: Facebook app for achievements....  (Read 1596 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Facebook app for achievements....
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:30:24 AM »
If someone has a facebook account linked to AH account and gets an achievement - it would get posted to his wall (so that all his friends know that he has no life :D ) - there are number of apps like that.

To make it classy - maybe a link and short info on historical story relating to said achievement, nice picture etc. Should be well within the reach of community project....

on which subject, I haven't played for something like 6 months and all of the sudden everyone has stars and stuff. Can't find much on the website in the way of explanation as to what they signify :) Maybe wiki entry ? Did I miss something ?

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Facebook app for achievements....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »
+1 for bragging

-1 for bragging

I like the historical context as a side note. But make sure I can choose if/when it posts... Nothing worse than showing a 100k AH hours played on your facebook paged when you should be say... oh I dunno, watching that nuclear reactor, or your children (could be one in the same)...

:cheers:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »
+1 Free advertising for HTC.
+1 For the inherent competition.

I'd much rather see AH stuff on my feed than Mafia Wars or automated posts about friends needing free help on their farms. 
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:29:37 PM »
Not my thing but a very very good idea +1

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »
It may be a great idea for HTC, but personally I would never give it permissions. The last thing I need is people, other than my wife, knowing how much time I spend in here.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
It may be a great idea for HTC, but personally I would never give it permissions. The last thing I need is people, other than my wife, knowing how much time I spend in here.

it can be very frightening to see the number of hours i spend in game. 

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 08:22:18 AM »
anything that gets AH wider publicity and more subscribers has to be given a +1 

If you don't like using facebook why have you got an account?   ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 02:15:07 PM »
+1 Free advertising for HTC.
+1 For the inherent competition.

I'd much rather see AH stuff on my feed than Mafia Wars or automated posts about friends needing free help on their farms. 

:aok

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »
<snip>
If you don't like using facebook why have you got an account?   ;)

Don't. Never Will.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 06:19:32 AM »
I really like the idea of an android app, the idea of posting out in public on facebook not so much..

If it was an app just for personal use, to go in and have a look through your own list of improved achievment updated in real time it would be a nice feature.
The facebook publishing part could be easily made a free choice by a settings menu anyway..

But having an alert on the cell phone for each achievment made would be a neat touch I think.  ;)
And just being able to go through the achievments list without using the clipboard menu, or even being logged into the game would be nice. Not a nescessity, just a nice little gizmo. I love gizmos..  :rock :lol

Such an AH app could include other stuff of game info too, like score overviews, hours played, and so on and on..  :aok
TheStig

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
I really like the idea of an android app, the idea of posting out in public on facebook not so much..

If it was an app just for personal use, to go in and have a look through your own list of improved achievment updated in real time it would be a nice feature.
The facebook publishing part could be easily made a free choice by a settings menu anyway..

But having an alert on the cell phone for each achievment made would be a neat touch I think.  ;)
And just being able to go through the achievments list without using the clipboard menu, or even being logged into the game would be nice. Not a nescessity, just a nice little gizmo. I love gizmos..  :rock :lol

Such an AH app could include other stuff of game info too, like score overviews, hours played, and so on and on..  :aok
how many apps (with their cloud databases) have your cell phone number in them?

just thinking about the number of people who don't want their information posted to places like facebook, yet freely allow phone apps to have full access to their cellphones (including storing the number in a database) is hilariously astounding...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 02:39:18 AM »
Well, I was just not interested in sharing my AH activity with my family and random friends on facebook. If I want to share something on facebook I share it on facebook myself, I don't really need no app to do it for me. When it comes to apps on my phone I don't download apps that need access to my personal info on my phone, or apps that the virusprogram warn me about being suspicious in any way..

I don't see why any app should need access to my private messages and phonebook, or any private information stored in my phone documents. My phonenumber might be spread around, but so is the registration number on my car whenever I go for a drive.. There are cameras everywhere taking pictures, and those go to databases for random reasons. Those with access to those databases could retrieve a mountain of personal information just from my car registration number. But that's how the world has become, if I was paranoid I'd get rid of both my car and my phone and go live in a hut far from people and in cover from spy satelites, wearing a double tinfoil hat just to be sure.  :noid :bolt:
TheStig

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »
+1 for public geek anouncment :banana:
everyone who knows me knows I have no life so yeah! :banana: :neener:
 :cry
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »
If someone has a facebook account linked to AH account and gets an achievement - it would get posted to his wall (so that all his friends know that he has no life :D ) - there are number of apps like that.

To make it classy - maybe a link and short info on historical story relating to said achievement, nice picture etc. Should be well within the reach of community project....

on which subject, I haven't played for something like 6 months and all of the sudden everyone has stars and stuff. Can't find much on the website in the way of explanation as to what they signify :) Maybe wiki entry ? Did I miss something ?

Sorry to get off topic - <S> FD - long time.  Are you in touch with funkedup?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 07:56:25 AM »
heyya Ammo, funk is hanging out at AGW Offtopic sometimes :) Long time indeed :)