Author Topic: Worst Map In the Game  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Worst Map In the Game
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 04:37:09 AM »
But to each his own.  I've heard Trinity was fantastic.  Maybe they could replace this map with Trinity? 

Trinity caused a lot of complains, in game as well as here.
If the map you were talking about was retired, you would soon see "it was a great map, bring it back" threads here on the BBS.

And regarding to the "the little maps suck" general comment, I wonder how long large maps will stay in the game anyway ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 05:52:58 AM »
What map is it that the OP is speaking of?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 06:00:38 AM »
What map is it that the OP is speaking of?

As we are now on Grinder, it must have been Beta2

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 07:13:31 AM »
Just took a look and now the Rooks and Bish aren't even fighting each other - both crushing the Knights.  It will get even more fun when we're down to just 3 bases...great gaming experience.
What? You're mad Rook/Nits aren't tag teaming Bish as usual?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 07:55:11 AM »
Go ahead cancel your account.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 08:00:05 AM »
   I've always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.........................

Hit Alt F4 in game to get this power up mode........
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
Hate the playa....not the map.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
I would, but I don't speak foreign languages, just Knight  :P  Plus, I would be labeled a spy  :O 

And there's your problem.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 12:01:59 PM »
I don't like the little maps because you can't do a bombing run on enemy strats without facing Me163s.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 03:54:43 PM »
Green stamp map is a fun map, should that be the one you're speaking of. Knights shouldn't complain about having no bases to up gvs. I upped an f6 and headed to 7 to do a jabo. There were about a dozen knights there taking off. Based on that I figured everything was under control. I head to the Rooks GV spawn to drop some eggs on some gvs. But then I spot something shooting in town. It was an M3! I dive to drop an egg on the m3 and in doing so I spied another m3 by the flag. I rocketed him. Then there were two M4s shooting at the town. I kill one with my last egg and rocket an Osty, no kill. Then I land to rearm. I hear the town is WF. I land to get field supplies. Before I get there the base was captured.

Of all those friendlies taking off not one bothered to check the town. Only Tex76 (?), who flew with me from another base, bothered to check it. There were quite a few gvs for the gvers to do battle with but none were there. I can think of 3 words to describe the knights but none are worth mentioning.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline WyoKId

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »
What does it matter all those little squiggles on the ground ? I just fly over them to get to the fight .
Outside of a dog , a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

"i like the enemy to know I killed em, building animosity amongst enemy makes for fun... otherwise why not go play golf or somethin"   bagrat

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »
The worst map in the rotation is Mundane... er... Mandanao.  That is the most restrictive map, it has the fewest options, the smallest front, and is simply horrid in many ways.  For the life of I wonder why it is even in the rotation.

I'd REALLY like to see some of those FSO or AvA maps in the game, or the terrain more so.  I'm not a "coad" person, etc, but what is stopping someone from taking the terrains for Europe and simply applying 20 bases per country in a pie pattern? 

Otherwise, the rest of the maps are fine.  I like them all.

*disclaimer* The horde sucks a dead donkey's backside on any map.  I agree, when the odds are 30v1 there is no point.  The knuckle draggers who partake in them are worse than any map.  Too bad HTC cant employ a localized ENY of some sort.  But alas. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 05:29:16 PM »
I didn't change from Rooks to Knights to care about the map. It was actually quite the opposite. I changed from Rooks to Knights to NOT care about the war and wing up with some outrageously good dogfighters in order to get better at fighting. Ill still jump in a jabo run here and there to keep my chops up for **its and giggles, or focus my fighting in an area to keep a cap on a field, so the takers can do their thing(I don't find vulching much fun though).

At the same time, I don't understand why HTC would get rid of Trinity, and keep a pos like beta 2. It looks like a big green pimple, it's too small, and a strategic nightmare for those who care. But then again, people complain about every map. Thats my take.

I hear rumors about reworking Trinity and putting it back into rotation. Is that true?
I love fighting in the canyons, so maybe beta 2 could be reworked?
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »
Well, about 2 hours into this map and the Knights have no usable V bases, so our GV'ers are pretty much out of the game, and almost no place to up a plane safely.  These little maps suck.

Will try to find something to do on this map but will probably log off for the night.  Keep making more of these stupid little maps HTC and I'll cancel my subscription.

Should of been around back when we had Trinity AND the Knights would draw the short-straw and be the country left out of the only fun at V135.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »
We should elect a map design comittee! It will create the "Consensus" map, the terrain to end all terrain threads! :old: