Author Topic: Hitech, could this work?  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Hitech, could this work?
« on: May 19, 2013, 12:02:51 AM »
Currently in the process of drawing up the design of a vrtual cockpit that would roll, go inverted and follow the the complete movemen of a plane I. Game at the same speeds.

What would I need to make it compatible with aces high? Or my computer?

(not exactly my forte)
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Hitech, could this work?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 12:43:34 AM »
You can't change the cockpit if that's what you're asking :headscratch:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 12:46:56 AM »
You can't change the cockpit if that's what you're asking :headscratch:
I'm talking about a machine where I strap In, With motors that would move said object.  like I was actually in the plane. I'd have a large screen mounded on a study frame. I have to post a diagram about what I'm talking about I guess

In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 03:10:34 AM »
Roger Dodger Aviation is the place to look. Already have what you are looking fot :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 04:21:49 AM »
Stop it Danny!

Stop encouraging the young folk to be daft like us :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
Currently in the process of drawing up the design of a vrtual cockpit that would roll, go inverted and follow the the complete movemen of a plane I. Game at the same speeds.

(not exactly my forte)

I'm talking about a machine where I strap In, With motors that would move said object.  like I was actually in the plane. I'd have a large screen mounded on a study frame. I have to post a diagram about what I'm talking about I guess

You have trouble typing a post so people understand it and your going to try and engineer a cockpit flight simulator? Really?

:neener:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:58:00 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »

You have trouble typing a post so people understand it and your going to try and engineer a cockpit flight simulator? Really?

I am equally keen on good English in posts, however someones ability (or lack of it) to write ledgible posts has no bearing in my experience, on their engineering ability. I am able to write in a reasonably eloquent fashion and yet I am barely capable of building IKEA flat packs. :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »

(not exactly my forte)
Lots of money :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »

Me anglish tis no good!
You guys mock me now but ill have what I want( stares ominously into the disance)

always been a dream of mine, and to my post, whenever I proof read they loom perfect :headscratch: :bhead
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »
Me anglish tis no good!
You guys mock me now but ill have what I want( stares ominously into the disance)

always been a dream of mine, and to my post, whenever I proof read they loom perfect :headscratch: :bhead

just teasing you bro!

poor writing/spelling really proves you might have found your nitch with engineering, just look at some of Hitechs post BEFORE there was spell check  :devil

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »
it would have to have separate controllers that read the inputs from outside the game....

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »

(not exactly my forte)
:airplane: First, yu gotta figure out how to make "gravity" work in your "cockpit"! With out "G" forces, you would not get the "complete" feeling of flying! I think you would be better served to invest your money in some aerobatic flight training in a real aircraft....it would be cheaper that way! LOL
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »
:airplane: First, yu gotta figure out how to make "gravity" work in your "cockpit"! With out "G" forces, you would not get the "complete" feeling of flying! I think you would be better served to invest your money in some aerobatic flight training in a real aircraft....it would be cheaper that way! LOL

but to crash in a sim is so much better.... :aok

you know you avoid that whole stopping at hi rate of speed thing..... :rofl

I do admit though except for the kids being born, the most intense feeling I ever had was flying the Super Decathlon.....

I will never forget it......you guys that get to fly in the RW are very lucky :old:

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 11:25:56 AM »
It's not a very practical idea. As mentioned, there is no way to replicate g-forces. The engineering required for full motion would be extensive, even if your body could handle the motion and inversion. There is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meYx9RuCAQY

There are many who have built limited motion simulators such as this http://www.acesim.com/main.html

and this guy has taken it further, somehow extracting game data to actuate motors but only on 2 axis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONjAwKO-IjA

If it were fully enclosed, full inversion might not be necessary to get a pretty good effect.

Good luck with the project
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:30:07 AM by jimson »

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
You are talking about a 3-axis motion platform.

Few things too note. Price can be as cheep as a few hundred dollars and up too thousands. The deciding factor is your ability to fabricate the components and the material used. The motors can be junkyard "you pull it you pay" types of junkyards will sell too you cheep. Take a car batt and a friend who is a mechincal  engineer so he can help you test them.

I started the game a year ago and the first thing I did was get Track IR, for the "feel" and very soon after started working out a sim pit, which leads to a motion platform.

The concept for me is as follows.... Start with all the bells and whistles, flight stick, track ir, triple 40inch tv monitor setup and then simpit. I stop at sim pit because here is where it got fun.

I want a stand alone simpit so if I decide too build a small motion platform I wanted too be able to build a frame for the motion platform too house the simpit and just (attach) bolt the simpit too a frame. Having two different functioning setups was what I set aside for a few reasons, being able to play the game independently of the motion platform working was primary. (friends might not like the movement OR the motion platform might not be working properly and I want to play)

3-Axis Motion Platform is what you want too google sir. Hope this helps.

:airplane:~<Deadstik
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:30:46 AM by deadstikmac »