Author Topic: pilot wound  (Read 434 times)

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
pilot wound
« on: May 21, 2013, 08:33:13 PM »
Yesterday in late war arena received a pilot wound less than a sector away from a friendly base and immediately began to land. After getting wounded there was the customary blackout. No more blackouts until over the base, then began the usual blackouts that make it difficult to land. I engage the auto pilot while blacked out, either angle or level. Didn't run into anything. After a couple of these poof was in the tower with no option to save the film, even though have selected "film every mission" option. I did not get a disco and net status looked good. Looked and there was no film.

Is this type of pilot wound possible? Did something go wrong with the game?

Have never died so quick from a pilot wound except for the instant variety which happens quite often too. I get pilot wounds a lot and make it back even if a couple sectors away from landing.
Thank You,
wrench
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
Re: pilot wound
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:38:49 PM »
There are some variations to the pilot wounds. I think its based on what hit you and where it hit you. I have seen super quick PW deaths and others where my guy has lingered for 3-4 sectors flying home in a Lanc.

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:17:48 AM »
I had this happen to me once in a ki-43, i was all fine, then on landing..passed out, crashed.
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 06:07:35 AM »
One thing I have noticed about PW is the closer you get to the field the more often you pass out usually when your making your final approach to runway  :lol
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 09:45:50 AM »
Similar quick pilot wound death today in late war arena. Film attached. Did have the option to save film this time.

Once pilot wounded proceeded straight to base about a sector away and died on final. Less than 5 minutes from wound to death.

This film clip looks out of sync. If I view the original full length film without dragging time bar to just before wound it looks more in sync. If I 8x fast forward the original film to just before this action, it looks less out of sync than this clip. Made clips different ways (drag time bar, ff 8x, 1x from beginning, ending clip just prior to end of original) and they all looked out of sync like this one.

Is not being able to save the film from original bug report the only potential bug? or is quick pilot wound death a potential bug too?

Thanks, wrench
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
If I remember correctly, and as has already been said, pilot wounds have some portion of randomness as to how long it takes to die.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 02:16:44 AM »
Think the most i've counted was 13 black outs before head explosion.

It is randomised wrench.  Not sure whether HTC models the type of round that hit your pilot or where it hit him.

On average though if you rtb soon as you get one, you can normally make it down ok providing you dont black out and crash.   My best one was 49 kills in a jet, (re-loaded twice at that point) didnt black out once until base, then did 3 times everytime I lined up to land.   Ended up rushing it and sliding off base through a hedge.   Just had to laugh.    ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H