Author Topic: A26 Invader anyone???  (Read 8669 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: A26 Invader anyone???
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2013, 06:20:16 AM »
they won't quit either because the bombers you suggested aren't added.  the a26 had more of an effect on the war than the bombers youssuggested. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been added yet.
Are you suggesting that the A26 had a greater impact on the war then SM-79 or the Beaufighter? or perhaps Yak-3 that Arlo mentioned if you do not limit to bombers?

It is not like A26 should not be added, it is simply a very low priority.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2013, 06:52:36 AM »
the a26 served in 3 wars.

semp

HTC only models planes for one of those three.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 07:35:58 AM »
Poor designs dont usually have an almost 30 year service life. The problem the Invader had was by the time it was introduced there just wasnt much of a mission left for it. What was left was being done very well by legacy aircraft. But in Aces High it would be a very popular air frame cause nothing else comes close to it in speed/defensive fire power/bomb load. Just a few would level any town or toejam down a base.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »
You said "bombers" indicating many of the bombers Arlo was speaking of.  You did not say "Pe-8".

alright cool then compare it to the b6n with it's nuclear payload of 800k and powerful engines that make it faster than the storch but nonetheless what are you gonna do with 800k of ords?  the others listed didnt do any better.

the a26 would be a great addition now for strats and hq runs.  given their money's worth to the me163's and hight alt fighters.  not that it can dogfight them but at least give them a good show for it.  or you can add the others after all god knows we dont have enough "new" planes that have been added not being used.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2013, 10:00:32 AM »
or you can add the others after all god knows we dont have enough "new" planes that have been added not being used.

semp
you might want to look at the numbers again. there are a lot of "old" planes not getting used...but then we all know you would be happiest if there was nothing that didn't fly 400+ mph and looked "cool".

when was the last time you flew in fso or scenario?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
you might want to look at the numbers again. there are a lot of "old" planes not getting used...but then we all know you would be happiest if there was nothing that didn't fly 400+ mph and looked "cool".

when was the last time you flew in fso or scenario?

how often does fso and scenario would use those bombers?  the ma would use the a26 a lot more.

semp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »
how often does fso and scenario would use those bombers?  the ma would use the a26 a lot more.

semp

The day the He-111 was released, various event formats were gearing for inclusion.

The I-16 sees use there.

The F4F sees use there.

The Boston sees use there.

I was being half facetious about you being totally ignorant about events before.
I thought to myself that there can't be a player that's played the game this long
that doesn't have a clue why anything other than the P-51, B-29 and Me-262
were modeled.

I feel bad about giving you a hard time now. Carry on.  :salute :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
yes every couple of months there's one.  so some of them would be used in scenarios about once or twice a year. 

semp

Present the long list of potential A-26 events.  :D

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »
The day the He-111 was released, various event formats were gearing for inclusion.

The I-16 sees use there.

The F4F sees use there.

The Boston sees use there.

I was being half facetious about you being totally ignorant about events before.
I thought to myself that there can't be a player that's played the game this long
that doesn't have a clue why anything other than the P-51, B-29 and Me-262
were modeled.

I feel bad about giving you a hard time now. Carry on.  :salute :)

dude when was the he111 released?  because I have yet to see one in the ma.  oh wait hold on, I did see one saturday, I think.  and it was upping from a capped field.  ok so I have seen it once.

and the i16 look at the usage in the ma.  the storch has more kills, 50% more.  and btw I have 1 run in the past year in a b29 that I recall.  and I think one in the 262.  and I have more than enough perks to fly them anytime I want.

semp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 11:11:58 AM »
dude when was the he111 released?  because I have yet to see one in the ma.  oh wait hold on, I did see one saturday, I think.  and it was upping from a capped field.  ok so I have seen it once.

and the i16 look at the usage in the ma.  the storch has more kills, 50% more.  and btw I have 1 run in the past year in a b29 that I recall.  and I think one in the 262.  and I have more than enough perks to fly them anytime I want.

semp

Hey, it's ok. The word 'event' is foreign to you and all. It's ok. Rah away.  :aok :D

p.s. Meh ... and you should maybe look harder.  ;)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:39 AM »
Hey, it's ok. The word 'event' is foreign to you and all. It's ok. Rah away.  :aok :D

p.s. Meh ... and you should maybe look harder.  ;)

no the word "spendinglotsoftimecoadingapla nethatwillhardlybeused" is well known to you carry on  :salute.

semp

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2013, 11:43:44 AM »

semp
quit being a stooge man. there is fun beyond the "we must all winz de warz" and "if it ain't late war it ain't worthy" mentality. there are far fewer people concerned with winning de warz than there are people who just enjoy having something besides brit and american super planes to fly around in.

you really should try an fso or scenario...especially one where there aren't a bunch of substitute aircraft that really aren't appropriate substitutions.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2013, 12:00:42 PM »
no the word "spendinglotsoftimecoadingapla nethatwillhardlybeused" is well known to you carry on  :salute.

semp

You weren't one of the KWRR crowd in AW, per chance?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:05:56 PM by Arlo »