Author Topic: Your Favorite Wingman  (Read 3352 times)

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
Re: Your Favorite Wingman
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »
I'm like the worst wingman ever.  I always end up drifting off and getting myself into trouble with too many bad guys. 

Before taking a couple of years off, I used to have a great time loosely winging with BnZs.  Haven't seen him since I've been back though.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
i like winging with anyone in G3-MF but Alpha81 and i have flown wingman for a long time
G3-MF

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
Del has flown my wing the most going back to the Airwarrior days.  Since my SA is so bad, having his SA kept me alive a lot longer.   Soulyss is much the same.  Both those guys know when I've crossed the line of no return and somehow still survive.

In scenarios I've come across some good ones too.  SIK1 suffered as my wing a few times.  I fly like a spastic drunken duck in a crosswind and tend to shoot first, assess the situation later so it takes a lot of patience.

Batfink and Redbull both stand out too as I'd go into a fight and come out the other side, look back and they'd be where they were when we went into the fight.  Again, with my 'flying' that's really hard to do.

Generally I've reached the point where I don't ask for a wingman as I want them to have a good time and not die as fast as I do :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 08:58:55 PM »
I am the worst wingman there is..... :aok

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »

That's true....but not because you're a bad wing pr pilot....it's because keeping up with, or, having someone keep up with you screws up your rhythm and timing.  I know, because ice accidentally caused your death a few times with my screams for help
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 09:13:46 PM »
 :rofl :rofl

:aok :salute

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »
Del has flown my wing the most going back to the Airwarrior days.  Since my SA is so bad, having his SA kept me alive a lot longer.   Soulyss is much the same.  Both those guys know when I've crossed the line of no return and somehow still survive.

In scenarios I've come across some good ones too.  SIK1 suffered as my wing a few times.  I fly like a spastic drunken duck in a crosswind and tend to shoot first, assess the situation later so it takes a lot of patience.

Batfink and Redbull both stand out too as I'd go into a fight and come out the other side, look back and they'd be where they were when we went into the fight.  Again, with my 'flying' that's really hard to do.

Generally I've reached the point where I don't ask for a wingman as I want them to have a good time and not die as fast as I do :)
Always a pleasure to wing up with ya, corky! :cheers: :cheers: :salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 10:17:21 PM »
Waystin, bugs, razor, doright, junky, squat, ra, bustr, hell any pig we practice constant voice coms while engaged
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »
No one likes me so I fly alone  :cry

Seriously though, I always enjoy winging with the 80th.  And I've always enjoyed winging with Karaya.  We may up Hurri 1s or run a Candy Mtn. Mission, either way there are going to be several laughs and a good time.  I'm not very good at wingman tactics, mainly because I fly alone.  But at least I'll fly in formation into the battle :)

#S#

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Fonzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 11:21:14 PM »

Muppet bait eats the fish!  :bhead

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »

Nope... I am much much worse.  :uhoh

That's why I have imaginary spirits of real AH pilots as my wingmen. :aok
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:25:49 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 11:32:50 PM »
Muppet bait eats the fish!  :bhead

:rofl :rofl

I've heard that said before :D

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »

I've had many...and they all have added a lot to the Experience...  Any of the boys in the 11th, but these 5 have been very good to me...

Zud
Zeagle
Wrek
Dicho
Canukk

:airplane:

:airplane:

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
Badcore and Cobra89 are my usual wings.  They do a mighty fine job of either keeping me clear or using me as bait.   :)  Combination of familiarity and similar flying styles means we usually do more killing than dying and have fun doing it.   

Only had the privilege once or twice to date, but I'd take cactus on my wing any day.  The dude sees everything and is usually in a good spot to kill it.  Add to that he's a tough out.  In a nuclear apocalypse cockroaches would likely ask cactus for survival tips.   :D       
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »
Bone and Joachim.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek