Author Topic: HTC: come look at the Main arena and tell us whats different?  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: HTC: come look at the Main arena and tell us whats different?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 06:59:04 AM »
Why don't you strat monkeys just organize a huge raid where all your country hops in various buffs and kills the hq - they cant shoot all of you down.

Once the HQ is dead you have a free time running on strats and further ruining the game for everyone else. Then you'll get your final victory when the opposing side logs off to play Nintendo instead of playing gimped.

Ludere Vincere

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 07:35:12 AM »
I chased strat raiders in my 110g2 alot yesterday. Caught b17s and Lancaster's at 20-25k with ease. But the B29s are a different story all together. I intercepted a single b29 once. I was at 29 k he was at 32k. I missed the side shot when he dove slightly he was staying at 2k in front of me so I dove to get speed at a shallow angle to get him directly over head and would pull up. got to within 800 of him twice but failed to down him in the brief seconds I had that range. The guy finally got tired of me and went from his half throttle setting to wep and walked away from me in seconds :)  Point being a 35-37k B29 is extremely difficult to catch even with a 262. Prior to the 163 being enabled b29s were operating basically without resistance.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
If you are worried about 163s, then fly fighters over strats/hq a few missions in a row.

I've done this by myself a few missions in a row and then came back in buffs to find no 163s upping for a few hours afterward.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bolo

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 12:34:25 PM »
What I find amusing about this thread is that Fester doesn't remember the whines from the players complaining how they had no means to intercept high flying bombers attacking strats before we had the Me 163.  The Me 163 was added to satisfy those that were whining about how difficult it was to intercept the strat attacking bombers as the only planes at the time, the Ta 152 and Me 262 were the only viable options and both had a hefty perk cost.

Now were are getting whines how the Me 163 are killing fights over the strats.  Priceless.

ack-ack

152 is free now. We also have the K4, and the spit 14, and  P-47. All are good high altitude fighters, and all are free.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2013, 12:46:52 PM »
Point being a 35-37k B29 is extremely difficult to catch even with a 262.
cant catch one with a 262 at 35k....

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2013, 12:57:22 PM »
cant catch one with a 262 at 35k....
But you can with a Ta152H-1 or P-47N.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2013, 06:40:05 PM »
Not the N....even at 33k, it can't catch a Lanc (kinda hangs in there until the wep dies)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »
Not the N....even at 33k, it can't catch a Lanc (kinda hangs in there until the wep dies)

Not true in any way. Lancs have lost their 30k+ ability literally years ago.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »
Lanc can't really reach 33k, but....

At 33k a P-47N tops out at about 470mph.  That is fast enough to catch any bomber in the game.  Even the Ar234.

Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2013, 11:12:57 PM »
Not true in any way. Lancs have lost their 30k+ ability literally years ago.
It's possibly been that long since that scenario came up......but when it DID....M seemed to have more ability up there than N (which doesn't seem correct, on the face of it)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2013, 02:31:15 AM »
forget it, it's useless.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2013, 02:33:37 AM »
It doesn't' matter if you can theoretically catch a buff at those alts - you won't be able to manouver effectively to kill them anyway. The buff laser guns will saw any attacker in half if they try anything at those alts. Unless you make a dead 6 attack, setting up will take half a map and the buff will finish the bombing run before anyone can get to it  :x
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2013, 03:19:01 AM »
I blame htc for all my rocket vulches.  if he would only disable the rockets, I wouldnt use them to vulch.  I could just stop but that would be too hard.

fester.  dont blame htc for you upping a 163 to kill the bombers and claiming it wasnt fun for you or the other guy.  if it isnt fun then dont do it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 01:09:22 AM »
It doesn't' matter if you can theoretically catch a buff at those alts - you won't be able to manouver effectively to kill them anyway. The buff laser guns will saw any attacker in half if they try anything at those alts. Unless you make a dead 6 attack, setting up will take half a map and the buff will finish the bombing run before anyone can get to it  :x

Ok, if I can furball in a K4 at 30K, I can damn well maneuver into position on a bomber at 33K.

And I've intercepted bombers at 36k with a Ta 152. It actually handled pretty well, even though acceleration was crap.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 01:36:04 AM »
It doesn't' matter if you can theoretically catch a buff at those alts - you won't be able to manouver effectively to kill them anyway.

Then I must have done something wrong over all these years...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman