Author Topic: Rouge CV  (Read 757 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Rouge CV
« on: June 09, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »
Today at 1:15 Pac I logged in on Compello map and was on CV30 crusin through a mountain in the middle of the terrain
I could take off and land on the cv as long as there were no trees  :uhoh
Have Film,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: Rouge CV
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »
Damn, I knew I should've logged in. About time we had steam punk land dreadnoughts.
Retired

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 04:11:52 PM »
there was a red cv on land?  :headscratch:

pssst...rogue
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »
That was just the Knights CV that was being hidden OFF map been there 2 days now, no damage can be done to a CV off map leaving it useless to the country that holds the port it belongs too, even if they find it they cant sink it. Cheap play if you ask me and well outside the fair play range. I will remember this trick from now on  :devil

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 07:16:39 PM »
Much fun was had.

Skishill somehow was able to drive below deck.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
Much fun was had.

Skishill somehow was able to drive below deck.

(Image removed from quote.)

So hiding a CV off map so the port owners have no chance to get it back is fun eh......

Online JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
That was just the Knights CV that was being hidden OFF map been there 2 days now, no damage can be done to a CV off map leaving it useless to the country that holds the port it belongs too, even if they find it they cant sink it. Cheap play if you ask me and well outside the fair play range. I will remember this trick from now on  :devil

You can run a CV off the edge of the map?? :noid
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »
Found another glitch but not fully related and could have been caused by the same set of circumstances but will discuss it in PM with skuzzy so, if you know which one I am talking about, don't announce it or it will be gamed.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 09:51:11 PM »
Found another glitch but not fully related and could have been caused by the same set of circumstances but will discuss it in PM with skuzzy so, if you know which one I am talking about, don't announce it or it will be gamed.

why be so secretive we had to kill multiple people multiple times spawning LVTS directly onto 29 during your 'diagnostic procedure'. What's really odd is the claim you made about cv30 being sunk off port 29 under '50 feet of water' Why would you make that claim is that the glitch, or is the fact that cv30 was hidden in a glitched area so momentarily when you first logged on it would show cv 30 up off port 29 so you could spawn lvt's off it? Yet you further claim that cv30 was put into play by you and was now 11 sectors away yet you were still able to 'diagnose' this glitch even tho cv30 had been in play for 3 hours and was 11 sectors from  he glitched area but yet you were still diagnosing this glitch 2 hours and 45 minutes after you had moved the cv 'into play' and it was 11 sectors from the glitched area?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:55:52 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 11:51:06 PM »
You can run a CV off the edge of the map?? :noid

Yeah, I hope HTC will fix this bug as every country will start hiding captured CV's off this map (not sure if it is this map only or all maps). Chased one off map last night - 5 guys wasted over an hour trying to find it in buffs, then stumbled on it past the edge of the map to the east in Sector 20,8 (had to fly through the mountains at map's edge, not over them, through them to find it).  Couldn't sink it - no damage was allowed apparently, so no way to get it back.

"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Online JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 12:12:16 AM »
Now that I think about it, I did notice that we were still able to launch LVT's and PT boats off our "CV" the other day after the knights had sunk every ship. :headscratch: But I didn't save a film and don't even remember the map. :o
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 01:12:48 AM »
I sent in the film to skuzzy long ago.

I did not send the cv to the edge of the map.........but I did enjoy riding a jeep on the deck.

The picture above is on a "front line" coastline easily reachable by the enemy........if they actually chose to look for it.

Yes, a rook lied to a knight.

Now he have nathan to thank for blabbing how to exploit the glitch.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:27:11 AM by icepac »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 08:14:46 AM »
as I said Icepac its known, we killed multiple people multiple times using this exploit including yourself(in a span of 10 mins),   how many people were assisting you on confirming the exploit 5, 10? Why not move the CV out of the glitched area so we could sink it? Im sure you do your part to find and report bugs, but I question your integrity when it comes to not exploiting these bugs until they are fixed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:17:41 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 10:34:17 AM »
You're not getting it nathan.

The CV was 9 or 10 sectors from the glitched area and in normal play along the middle of our front line coast for all to attack if they wanted for at least 3 hours before I accidently discovered the other spawn glitch.

The glitch I found is not related to it's tunneling under the ground as pictured above.

Two different glitches.

I found the glitch, said on country that I somehow ended up spawning where the cv wasn't, upped a second time to confirm it, and then sent in the film to skuzzy.

I guess a couple of others tried it too but I can't control what others do.

If I had wanted to exploit the glitch, I would have sent in lancasters to drop the hangars, drop the ack, and then spawned a ltv2 to take the port after letting it sit for a bit.

As it was, my showing up there was an accident the first time and I did it one more time to confirm it wasn't a fluke.........both times, someone on your team reaped an easy kill.

Sure, I flew a F4U from our nearest rook land base 10 sectors NOE to suddenly appear at P29 just for fun, announce to knights I had found out how to take off a plane from the "phantom cv" that I said was submerged just off of p29, and mess with the enemy a bit using disinformation.

I'm sorry you fell for the ruse and felt the need to whine and whine in PM as well as whine and whine here.

To paraphrase.......there are two separate glitches, one mentioned by the original poster and one mentioned by me.

None were harnessed for gain by those who discovered them other than the comedy that is now playing out here and our getting to ride jeeps and M3s on the cv as it steamed through the countryside.

As far as driving the cv to the edge of the map, I was not involved and only logged in about 15 minutes before it had finished sailing across land to emerge back into the ocean.

Quit whining like a dingo ate your baby, nathan.....and thanks again for blabbing to the rest how to exploit the glitch instead of simply sending a film to HTC like I did.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:45:46 AM by icepac »

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »
well there wasn't a rook that didn't know about it!!!, when you came into the game it sent you directly to C-30 tower! :bolt:
Flying since tour 71.