Author Topic: Bishpos  (Read 2135 times)

Offline FBLazy1

• Zinc Member
Re: Bishpos
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 08:41:45 AM »
In my honest opinion the knights need some psychiatric help.

They believe in sending a CV four sectors to take a port surrounded by air bases instead of taking the air field which would be easier to defend.

They also believe that if a base is being taken that the closest base to furball to that base that is being rolled is the only way to play the game.

Then whine about them losing bases rapidly to bishop and rook horde.  :old:

This is indeed me crying about the knights country but I love them because they are the under dogs and a lot of good pilots/great potential on knights.

(See what I did there Surfinn)  :rolleyes:

I am a Knight and approve this message.  :D
In Game: Lazy1

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
90% of my friends are knights. starting to fly bish and rook more. Although i had a blast killing knights a efew days ago as a bish  :t :t :t :t
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 08:05:57 PM »
i was going to start my own thread but this is as good of place as any to ask a question and make a statement ..im a bish always..and mainly stay in MW but lately hangin in LW. i see a lot of complaining about ..hos/vulch/ack running/hordes/base sitting/spawn camping/etc.on 200..and ive seen every country do all those..my question is..is there such thing as war time ethics?isnt it see red kill red by any means possible? no one like to get hoed but its war..isnt the DA more for that 1v1 thing?my ego gets shatterd like everyone elses but i dont call people names or badger them on 200..only under my own breath LOL maybe i just wont tune to 200 problem solved...i am willing to change the way i fly or fight but i will try to fly or fight to my advantage not the enemys. :salute
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:16:38 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
i was going to start my own thread but this is as good of place as any to ask a question and make a statement ..im a bish always..and mainly stay in MW but lately hangin in LW. i see a lot of complaining about ..hos/vulch/ack running/hordes/base sitting/spawn camping/etc.on 200..and ive seen every country do all those..my question is..is there such thing as war time ethics?isnt it see red kill red by any means possible? no one like to get hoed but its war..isnt the DA more for that 1v1 thing?my ego gets shatterd like everyone elses but i dont call people names or badger them on 200..only under my own breath LOL maybe i just wont tune to 200 problem solved...i am willing to change the way i fly or fight but i will try to fly or fight to my advantage not the enemys. :salute

Depends on the player.

I try not to ho whenever possible. If the other guy is hell bent on making a head on pass after the second or third merge, then bring it. Jugs usually win in the ho but suffer enough damage that they need to RTB.

I will run to ack if I pick up WAY too many guys to deal with. A few passes through the ack thins them out nicely to a more manageable number. I will also ack hug if I am trying to cover guys taking off.

Vulching is my guilty pleasure. Easy kills, it pisses people off, great way to keep the number of fighters down, what's not to like. If anyone complains about this, then they are an idiot. They can hop to the next base and take off without being vulched but they are too stupid to figure that out usually.

I don't usually run unless I have too many guys on me to deal with (happens a lot), in which case I will run until I am down to just one, then turn around and fight (amazing how fast they will turn around and run for their buddies when they lose the advantage). Some of them will even have the stones to call you out on running when they are doing the exact same thing.

Hordes happen, it's part of the LW mentality. All countries are guilty of it, though the productivity of the horde varies with the country.

Spawn camping... nothing wrong with that, we don't want you here. GO AWAY. Most don't listen to this message.

Base sitting... I'm not familiar with this complaint, which means that I'm probably guilty of it on a daily basis. I'm assuming it means sit on base with a tank and kill uppers? Then yes, why not?

My advice, about 70% of the chatter on 200 is trash talk. If you don't want to see it then just don't tune in.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »

this is not "war"  its not even a War game......

it is a combat game using WW2 equipment.....the key being COMBAT :aok

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 01:33:28 AM »
i agree dragon on your views just hate to switch off the chatter but it doesnt bother me too much just was an observation  :salute
"scott66"        

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 01:35:59 AM »
this is not "war"  its not even a War game......

it is a combat game using WW2 equipment.....the key being COMBAT :aok
lol huh....thought it was called early war/mid war and late war..and it says bishops won the war at the end....sorry ink..mybad :aok
"scott66"        

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 01:42:32 AM »
lol huh....thought it was called early war/mid war and late war..and it says bishops won the war at the end....sorry ink..mybad :aok

names......nothing more..........HTC himself many times has said we are NOT replaying WW2 :aok

the "capture the field" was added to promote combat.....

COMBAT whether it be Air, ground, or sea.....that is what AH is about.....

yes many try to make AH into WW2 online......it just is not about that......the MA is a giant sandbox for Combat.....

yes some think the MA is all about the "war" and that is fine....for them.....if thats why you play AH for the "war" you will never experience the full true nature of the MA.....

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 01:54:48 AM »
im expeirancing my butt getting whooped in LW as we speak LOL
"scott66"        

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »
names......nothing more..........HTC himself many times has said we are NOT replaying WW2 :aok

the "capture the field" was added to promote combat.....

COMBAT whether it be Air, ground, or sea.....that is what AH is about.....

yes many try to make AH into WW2 online......it just is not about that......the MA is a giant sandbox for Combat.....

yes some think the MA is all about the "war" and that is fine....for them.....if thats why you play AH for the "war" you will never experience the full true nature of the MA.....

the true nature of the MA is hording (seems to be the appropriate thread for that), and capturing undefended fields so you can wtg your team mates with a feel of victory over inanimate objects.

The days of a fight "just for fun" are short lived, and AH will go with it.

I wish HTC would give air combat junkies some love, like a matchmaking system, before we all leave.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 02:16:12 AM »
the true nature of the MA is hording (seems to be the appropriate thread for that), and capturing undefended fields so you can wtg your team mates with a feel of victory over inanimate objects.

I wish HTC would give air combat junkies some love, like a matchmaking system, before we all leave.

I hear ya....hope you are wrong.

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 06:30:18 AM »

All countries have there flaws for instance knights never seen to grab altitude so they constantly just get ganged on the deck near there bases, bishops horde and wont fight unless they have an advantage, and rooks are alt monkeys no matter how high you go against rooks theres always someone higher, now these are just my observations from what it has felt like while being knights.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:37:19 AM by The Fury »
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 10:33:55 AM »

A). The horde promotes combat.  There is no arguing this point, unless someone is a score-potato-avoider...which proves INK's point
B).  The horde generally takes defenseless bases because they can.  Up a plane and defend it and you'll stop their progression and have enormous fun doing it and watch your SA improve by an order of magnitude in very short order.  It's the one and only excuse for flying the spixteen, lmao!
C). Every side hordes....depending on the time of the day based on the numerical weakness of players on the opposing sides.
D).  Some squads are big enough to horde on their own.  Don't confuse squad ops with country-channel-recruited-hording....squad ops generally cause your death much more efficiently than the aforementioned.

Mix, pour, and enjoy.

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 12:47:40 PM »
All countries are guilty of the same type of stuff. Some are just known for certain things. The vTards were largely responsible for the recent opinions of Bish being complete horde mongers. Since that groups demise, it's settled down some. For the years I flew with Most Wanted on Rook, I never bought off on the "alt monkey" thing till I switched to kinght and saw it for myself. Again, that rep has worn off in recent months. As someone who's flown for all the chess pieces I can say the stereotypes are sometimes deserved. Bish will give up a base while they take 4 more somewhere else. Rooks will beat their heads against the wall taking a defended base. Knights are often running around like chickens missing their heads. All are fun for different styles of play and they go through cycles over the years.

What seems strange to me is the way two teams will consistently beat down on one. That seems to switch with the maps. For guys like me, It'll be feast or famine. Either I'm fighting a continual 10 on 1 or trying to get the other guys to come out of hiding. This has absoulutely nothing to do with any sides particular stereotype.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline nunes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 07:58:37 PM »
I find it funny, that even though I have NEVER claimed to be an ace, numbskulls like Butcher will name drop on here.  The conversation started with him coming to bish with the usual self serving remarks that attention hounds say, such as "I always defend a base in an eny 100 plane and never die" "I just upped a cardboard box and shot down 40 262s."  Then he asked if I would wing with him.  First off, I am a crappy wing man so I dont usually "wing" with anyone and I simply laughed and told him I dont care what he is doing I wont fly with him. Not because he was in a duece or defending, but that I would rather spend that time trying to slice my wrist with a nerf ball then give one second to someone with his attitude.  I leave the urine flow distance contests to those who think this game somehow translates into real life and their accomplishments here will entice the gods to lavish them with gold and women.  I fly for fun and the conversations that are had over squad channel.  I don't watch nor type in 200, it seems that everyone on there is 10 feet tall with arms of steel.  Must be a very dangerous place. 

As far as hoardes go, nothing was programmed in this game to know the mentality of the user.  It didn't have a survey that sent the hoarders to Bish and the alt monkeys to rook.  The differences and similarities are pretty much equal amongst all countries.  We are all just guys flying around shooting at stuff, sometimes ho'ing, sometimes running, sometimes ganging, sometimes winning, sometimes losing.  I like it, I play it, I enjoy my squad and the friends that come on channel to chat.  I would imagine that most on here do exactly the same, there are just those few who, for whatever reason, need to raise their hand and say stupid stuff to either garnish attention or ruffle feathers or reach for something that might fill an empty hole within their lives on the other side of that computer screen.  But to the other 99% I salute you, regardless if I kill you or you kill me.  Its usually fun unless I throw my joystick to the ground and go break things around the house, I usually then go do something else to cool off.  But to the Butchers of the world, I bow to your overall supreme greatness, I couldn't imagine the pressure of having to maintain such perfection day in and day out.  I really hope someday the world outside of AH can see what you have done and write about it so all others from this day forward will know what happened here, may you always be remembered.

ANGUS