Author Topic: Its been terrible lately  (Read 2150 times)

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
Re: Its been terrible lately
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2013, 06:56:02 PM »
 :pray  sorry to hear about the bad news, cancer sucks, seems as everyone is getting it these days :frown.  your family is in my families prayers :pray :pray  stay strong for her, you guys will have many more years of happy marriage  :aok
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:50:35 PM by homersipes »

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 11:16:14 PM »
My thoughts and prayers for you and yours Butcher.

:pray
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2013, 11:33:17 PM »
Well a small update, the wife is coming home tomarrow, she is taking shots every other day - so far she's in great spirit just very tired. I think she is taking the shots for chemo, not sure entirely sure - ironically I asked my mother in law to stay with me so she can help watch over her, my german shepherd now loses his bed (the couch) and I now will end up eating rice 75% of my day (mother in law gets my bed, and I get the couch...ouch yes!)
I plan on having a nice party for her thursday, I will try to post some photos in the next day or so - but quite a few of my tenants (I own rental property) plan on showing up wanting to throw a huge welcome home party, dunno if she will have the strength but i will wheel her butt outside anyway.

thanks to everyone for the kind words, cheers!
JG 52

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 12:04:38 AM »
Well a small update, the wife is coming home tomarrow, she is taking shots every other day - so far she's in great spirit just very tired. I think she is taking the shots for chemo, not sure entirely sure - ironically I asked my mother in law to stay with me so she can help watch over her, my german shepherd now loses his bed (the couch) and I now will end up eating rice 75% of my day (mother in law gets my bed, and I get the couch...ouch yes!)
I plan on having a nice party for her thursday, I will try to post some photos in the next day or so - but quite a few of my tenants (I own rental property) plan on showing up wanting to throw a huge welcome home party, dunno if she will have the strength but i will wheel her butt outside anyway.

that's awesome butcher, happy for you buddy, and looking forward to the pics :aok :aok :cheers: :salute :pray
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 12:13:03 AM »

:angel: Glad things are a little better

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 01:39:48 AM »
Butcher,
That is grave news, I wish you both the best.  Only 1 of 4 of my relatives/close friends that have undergone chemo survived.  The more I look around, the more I've begun to doubt conventional wisdom on this subject.  Here's a few links to help your doubt along as well.  Have hope, ask questions.  :salute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUGVkmmwbk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvzDHGLEUyw&wide=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Joj0Qc-bkc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6p0bEr7RIo
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Bong40

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »
Sorry to hear, Thoughts are with you and your wife. Glad to hear she's coming home. :pray

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 09:58:29 PM »
Sorry to hear, Thoughts are with you and your wife. Glad to hear she's coming home. :pray

Sadly it didn't last, she got her injection the night before, the entire night she was tossing a turning, and woke up throwing up, I had to rush her to the hospital because of dehydration since she barely ate (rice) and had nothing to drink - it turns out I was right and she was dangerously dehydrated.
Hopefully monday on her first appointment to the oncologist I can learn more, her first round of shots are done and she needs two weeks to rest before the next round. I did find out this is not a few shots, its going to go on for 6 months. I don't know if she can handle that much.

For now she is resting in the hospital again, no medications I know of other then the IVs otherwise she is asleep and resting peacefully for now. I partially blame myself, I wanted her home where I could care for her, apparently It was a little hasty.
JG 52

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 10:00:10 PM »
Sadly it didn't last, she got her injection the night before, the entire night she was tossing a turning, and woke up throwing up, I had to rush her to the hospital because of dehydration since she barely ate (rice) and had nothing to drink - it turns out I was right and she was dangerously dehydrated.
Hopefully monday on her first appointment to the oncologist I can learn more, her first round of shots are done and she needs two weeks to rest before the next round. I did find out this is not a few shots, its going to go on for 6 months. I don't know if she can handle that much.

For now she is resting in the hospital again, no medications I know of other then the IVs otherwise she is asleep and resting peacefully for now. I partially blame myself, I wanted her home where I could care for her, apparently It was a little hasty.

this sux man......I cant imagine what you are going through......

I pray for her and you.

Offline BushLT1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
Keep the Faith ...Thoughts and Prayer with you

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
two weeks ago I was grumbling about my mother in law and my wifes sister coming down to visit. Work was picking up big time and I had really no time off to spare. My wife and her sister are both RN's, her sister working for a large hospital in minnesota, and my wife was about to start one here in Florida. However me being stressed out lately with work and everything else, my wife didn't tell me about an infection she had. While down here, she mentioned to her mother who rushed her to a walk in clinic - I agreed and thought nothing of it. I get a call few hours later that my wife ended up in the ER. When it rains it pours - when all the scans came back and tests, It turns out she has Stage IV breast cancer, and it has spread some to her lungs. Some know, I just recently got married to her in Feb, after years of joking I'd never get married we finally tied the knot.

Her first round of Chemo wasn't good, as expected it took a day for the side effect to kick in, but otherwise she's a strong woman even at 105lbs. I've been a total wreck for the past two weeks and lost all interest in everything except making her better and even then im powerless to do so.
She's only 32 years old, I haven't thought nothing of it only because I've always been strong as an ox and only once a year I get tested - even then I don't have insurance because frankly i'm in the middle when it comes to money (I make enough but not enough to get anything decent).

I just want everyone to not be caught in the position I was in, I thought everything was fantastic up till now, to be crushed by this terrible disease its certainly changed me. Thanks Del, Strokes and Unclkurt.

Hang in there Butcher, I've had a month from hell too (finals, office move, 4-weeks of backpay due - not as bad as yours though, tbh), but the sun shines brightest after the darkest storms.  Chemo is imho worse or as bad as the cancer itself, it's brutal to the body, and I've seen lots of money wasted on those perscriptions that don't really help too much.

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2013, 01:00:23 AM »

take care friend i'll pray for you

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2013, 01:34:20 AM »