Author Topic: Why, just why?  (Read 3129 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why, just why?
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2013, 01:48:57 AM »
Its a game :old:

People who moan about this and that are silly :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2013, 07:03:13 AM »
I disagree with the OP.  if you don't like getting vulched then don't roll from the CAP'ed field.  Roll somewhere else and take the guy out who makes these high speed vulch runs.  It is a legitimate tactic.  To each their own.
You may want to reread what I posted.  Yes, if the field is capped, then yes, if you up, it's on you. 

To clarify the situation there was a fun fight from 15K to the deck, with occasional bombers passing through, it was almost the perfect fight.  Neither field was capped, the fight was in between the bases. There was a single player who on 3 consecutive sorties would dive in from 15K and vulch the field.  Twice I was able to catch him and shoot him down, once I got the assist.  It's likely this wasn't the only 3 times he did this.  I guess I just can't fathom how someone could find any enjoyment out of this, I just can't. 

Perhaps it's just me...  Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this.  Maybe I am in the minority in thinking the game is about skill. 

:salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »

Perhaps it's just me...  Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this.  Maybe I am in the minority in thinking the game is about skill. 

” Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect”  -Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
You may want to reread what I posted.  Yes, if the field is capped, then yes, if you up, it's on you.  

To clarify the situation there was a fun fight from 15K to the deck, with occasional bombers passing through, it was almost the perfect fight.  Neither field was capped, the fight was in between the bases. There was a single player who on 3 consecutive sorties would dive in from 15K and vulch the field.  Twice I was able to catch him and shoot him down, once I got the assist.  It's likely this wasn't the only 3 times he did this.  I guess I just can't fathom how someone could find any enjoyment out of this, I just can't.  

Perhaps it's just me...  Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this.  Maybe I am in the minority in thinking the game is about skill.  

I enjoy small dogfights or 1 v 1 as much as anyone, which is why I go to the DA more and more.  But to say a slasher making a one and run attack is illegitimate stretches things.   He vulched the field.  Not the most sporting of things to do, but...  Unless we are going to have referees then to each his own.  For such a great fight three vulches is a tiny fraction.

<S>
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2013, 06:49:24 AM »

I enjoy small dogfights or 1 v 1 as much as anyone, which is why I go to the DA more and more.  But to say a slasher making a one and run attack is illegitimate stretches things.   He vulched the field.  Not the most sporting of things to do, but...  Unless we are going to have referees then to each his own.  For such a great fight three vulches is a tiny fraction.

<S>
I appreciate your thoughts on this.  Something you don't seem to be grasping is my post isn't about the specific "act", but a general condition in the game that we all face.  I could sight several other acts that many refer to a "dweebish", but that is useless because people are focusing at a micro level, I suggest we look at this at a macro level. 

As a community in this game, we are provided a blank canvas and a color pallet to make of the game what we want.  We may not have all the colors we want, but in the end it's up to us to decide what is acceptable, and not acceptable behavior in the game.  We don't need and shouldn't have an assigned "referee", we should ALL be referee's. 

When I first started playing, I did some things that would upset my fellow players.  Was in intentional, no, but it happened anyway.  I was politely (and not so politely) informed that what I was doing was not acceptable, so I changed.  As I grew in the game I realized why these things were not acceptable and I shared what I learned with others.  I feel if the players help those who play in an unacceptable fashion change, we will all benefit.

Sure, HTC can make some changes to control or outright stop specific behaviors (kill shooter for example), but I really feel it's up to us to squash "dweebery".  Please don't get so hung up on what prompted this post, open your mind to the concept I am trying to convey.   
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »
I appreciate your thoughts on this.  Something you don't seem to be grasping is my post isn't about the specific "act", but a general condition in the game that we all face.  I could sight several other acts that many refer to a "dweebish", but that is useless because people are focusing at a micro level, I suggest we look at this at a macro level.  

As a community in this game, we are provided a blank canvas and a color pallet to make of the game what we want.  We may not have all the colors we want, but in the end it's up to us to decide what is acceptable, and not acceptable behavior in the game.  We don't need and shouldn't have an assigned "referee", we should ALL be referee's.  

When I first started playing, I did some things that would upset my fellow players.  Was in intentional, no, but it happened anyway.  I was politely (and not so politely) informed that what I was doing was not acceptable, so I changed.  As I grew in the game I realized why these things were not acceptable and I shared what I learned with others.  I feel if the players help those who play in an unacceptable fashion change, we will all benefit.

Sure, HTC can make some changes to control or outright stop specific behaviors (kill shooter for example), but I really feel it's up to us to squash "dweebery".  Please don't get so hung up on what prompted this post, open your mind to the concept I am trying to convey.  

It's my 15 dollars and I will play how I want.

Is the first response I can see many making.

The "referee" stance has been going on for years.  That's how "NOE"s are frowned upon, so are "astronauts" and "pickers" and "Vulchers" and "HOers" etc etc.

Point being, since there are no rules in stone, players will do as they see fit.  I understand your position though, sort of a peer pressure level.  But, many grew out of that stage and are pursuing their own ideas and ways they want to play, without the influence of others effecting their play-style.

P.S.  Although I agree that something should be done, it probably won't be.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:00:01 PM by Tinkles »
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »
I appreciate your thoughts on this.  Something you don't seem to be grasping is my post isn't about the specific "act", but a general condition in the game that we all face.  I could sight several other acts that many refer to a "dweebish", but that is useless because people are focusing at a micro level, I suggest we look at this at a macro level. 

As a community in this game, we are provided a blank canvas and a color pallet to make of the game what we want.  We may not have all the colors we want, but in the end it's up to us to decide what is acceptable, and not acceptable behavior in the game.  We don't need and shouldn't have an assigned "referee", we should ALL be referee's. 

When I first started playing, I did some things that would upset my fellow players.  Was in intentional, no, but it happened anyway.  I was politely (and not so politely) informed that what I was doing was not acceptable, so I changed.  As I grew in the game I realized why these things were not acceptable and I shared what I learned with others.  I feel if the players help those who play in an unacceptable fashion change, we will all benefit.

Sure, HTC can make some changes to control or outright stop specific behaviors (kill shooter for example), but I really feel it's up to us to squash "dweebery".  Please don't get so hung up on what prompted this post, open your mind to the concept I am trying to convey.   

I see what you are saying but there really is no way you are going to be able to enforce chivalry on here...   It is what it is I guess.  *salute*
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2013, 03:21:40 PM »
.... but in the end it's up to us to decide what is acceptable, and not acceptable behavior in the game. 

Mno. In the end it's up to you to determine your behavior and not worry so much about the (m)asses.
When someone starts getting caught up in becoming the behavior police and attempting to form a posse then
they become the problem. Just .... play. 'Bad behavior' is usual mere perception. (Poor perception, at that.)