Author Topic: Fester  (Read 18167 times)

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
Re: Fester
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »
 :salute :pray     Sorry for your loss SD.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
gezus chrimmany.. peer harassment is it now??

if I was defending fester I'd say something like the guy deserved the comment.. don't believe I did that..

geezz bustr, only point I was trying to make was a really strange way the guy went about attempting to set fester straight in a public forum.. if all he was after was an apology I'm pretty certain he would have got one thru a pm.. but hey, everyone has an axe and some just grind them differently.

don't know much about a status quo as I usually keep to me and mine.. really don't care how it changes if it does..

You really don't understand do you? Imagine if your wife was killed and I said "It must of been suicide, piss off" - then again you wouldn't know. Everyone has a valid points, and its not a witch hunt by all means. Then again one apology in PM and everything blows over since its the interweb.
JG 52

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »
Judging others because they sin differently than you even after they attempt to change their poor judgment?  This thread is worthy of some sociological study in the mechanics of how gang mentality  It's like a virus....only this one isn't burning out....it's actually morphing.

The guy made a horrendous mistake but I'm with Kappa on this and not because Fester is a squadmate....it's because he made a poor, poor judgement call.  Even after retracting it, the gang bang that is AH BBS went into full spin cycle.  

Fester and each of you should be embarrassed.  Fester,  because it was a pathetic, personal shot at someone and you all because you involved yourself in a mob knowing he didn't want that to stay public.

When each of you are perfect, by geezus ill light your torch.  Until then, leave it in the glass house live in.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:03:00 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2013, 08:01:10 PM »
You really don't understand do you? Imagine if your wife was killed and I said "It must of been suicide, piss off" - then again you wouldn't know. Everyone has a valid points, and its not a witch hunt by all means. Then again one apology in PM and everything blows over since its the interweb.

He's already acknowledged that Butcher...find another point.  Don't be a part of the mob sir....we've all done it too much.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »
I see absolutely no reason it had to be put out in the open rather than a calm/civilized PM other than to add some gas to the witch hunt.  :headscratch:

None the less RIP and my condolences...
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »
Judging others because they sin differently than you even after they attempt to change their poor judgment?
Yes, but there is one sin greater than all. And in my book, He went there. Bringing a mans deceased wife in to it? Come on change.

And kappa, Even if SD was to PM FesTARD, He most likely wouldve gotten FesTARDs famous one liner "fk off" Like he does everyone else. The guy is garbage.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
Yes, but there is one sin greater than all. And in my book, He went there. Bringing a mans deceased wife in to it? Come on change.

And kappa, Even if SD was to PM FesTARD, He most likely wouldve gotten FesTARDs famous one liner "fk off" Like he does everyone else. The guy is garbage.

I'm not disagreeing...in fact I do agree and so does Kappa.  So that's a 12 on a 10 scale of oxygen-thieving....I got that.  What I won't ever get is how most of the "perfect folks" in this thread think they're gonna change him.  And, personally....this is my own opinion, to post what the OP did was completely and totally unnecessary to make his point.  I have a family as well and there is no way, under no circumstance I would post those...but that's me.

EDIT:  because it could appear dangerously close to using my family in the manner that Kappa suggested.  Anything even resembling that in a public forum is totally unnecessary and you know it.  It could be construed as firing for effect by leveraging your family when there are 17 other ways to make your point effectively.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:43:23 PM by Changeup »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2013, 08:57:43 PM »
SD67,

My condolences for your wife and my admiration and respect for your resolve to make the best life you can for your children.

I apologize for hijacking your post. You were peer harassed by Kappa as happens in any POST to this forum since I can remember about the personal misconduct and actions of a muppet. In general the muppets have never been as good in the realm of equal men and ideas sans their joysticks and piu, piu, piu. Instead they have benefited from a well known  strategy of leveraging their historic reputation, enabling fans, and group peer pressure to suppress ideas that show them in a poor light, or they cannot honestly defend. A very well described tactic outlined by Saul Alinsky in his "Rules for Radicles". I doub't any of them has ever read it. In it's simplicity it's basic human nature related to peer groups and protecting their collective identity.

In this case there is no defense but, instead of Fester defending himself, Kappa is here defending the status quo. As you can see a tipping point has been reached in the minds of good tolerant men where the "reasonable person" construct from common law is applied to this conversation. They no longer believe Fester's defense is in any nature reasonable or they would not be voicing such candid opinions towards two of this game's highest Icons. Thus the strange damage control effort.

In the real world I suspect most of our daddy's upon hearing we had made a comment like targeted to yourself, with no public apology along with changing the transcript. Would have held court with our kesters behind the wood shed with a poleaxe. Not marched over to the innocent man's home and attacked him for telling the truth.
If that makes you feel better about yourself have at it.

SD, I don't know how I would go on. All the best to you and your girls in life.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:16:39 PM by Slash27 »

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »
I'm not a big religious nut, but I find words to live by in the "Lords prayer" ...."and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us"   999000 <S>

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2013, 09:38:51 PM »
... I also saw your edit
deplorable.
original post
bad character.
muppets
stupid bailing freaking star
problem with you
issue
fail easy target.
words
"easy target".
experience
reflect  
words.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »
Such nasty words, I can see how you would like to point those out to us all as been edited given how offensive they are.   :lol

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 09:49:33 PM »
After reading back through the offending thread, I'm still trying to figure out why it was mentioned that his wife passed away.  It really didn't have any relevance to the cheating/hypocrisy accusation the OP was making.

Am I the only one that thinks it shouldn't have been typed in either direction?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »
After reading back through the offending thread, I'm still trying to figure out why it was mentioned that his wife passed away.  It really didn't have any relevance to the cheating/hypocrisy accusation the OP was making.

Am I the only one that thinks it shouldn't have been typed in either direction?

either way it has nothing to do with the game and belongs in the O club.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
either way it has nothing to do with the game and belongs in the O club.

Right.  Post was in the wrong forum.  Got it.  Glad you caught that.

- oldman

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
Right.  Post was in the wrong forum.  Got it.  Glad you caught that.

- oldman

oh I got it.

people use the weapons available to them often in the name of righteousness.

I'd recommend logging into the game and finding me in game and shooting my plane down to them.

but they are neither an active player and likely not even an active paying subscriber to the game so this is the attack of choice.