Author Topic: Fester  (Read 18157 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fester
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2013, 12:58:06 AM »
I give up man. I'm just sitting here in shock. I've experienced and seen a lot of cruelty in my day but Fester you're right up there with the best bud. I feel sorry for you ...I truly do.
Lighten up Francis

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2013, 12:59:26 AM »
Some moderator please bring this to an end.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2013, 01:19:23 AM »
I apologize SD67.

I find you to be a scumbag who will use their dead relatives as ammo in a BBS troll but that's you and I shouldn't judge.

That has to be the most hateful and disgraceful none apolgy I've ever read. Quite amazing that you choose to be so disrespectful towards someone else of this community at this time.

Step away from the keyboard, forgot about BBS,200 and your online persona (ego) for one moment and think about what the start of this thread was actually about.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »
That has to be the most hateful and disgraceful none apolgy I've ever read. Quite amazing that you choose to be so disrespectful towards someone else of this community at this time.

Step away from the keyboard, forgot about BBS,200 and your online persona (ego) for one moment and think about what the start of this thread was actually about.

I have to agree with this 100% seems like SD67 is not playing enough or good enough at the puter game to warrent respect for his dead partner, I checked his posts there is no agenda or troll or even any negative interaction with fester.

Sorry for your loss SD  :salute

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2013, 01:47:18 AM »
Hey skuzzy, you wanna wake up over there? HELLO!!?!?!?!?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2013, 02:05:57 AM »
OK I was trying to stay out of this but  there is a lot of ignorance in here. grow the f up will you. Being a tough guy in the net is not the same as being a  tough guy in real life. Personally internet toughies are to be pitied, and marginalized as the small weak individuals they are maybe it is high time Skuzzy brought the stick out he's given certain people plenty of rope to hang themselves with, in the mean time how bout we all step up and try to control these spazzes when they get outta line don't take their troll bait but certainly the offenders and their sycophants  need a reality check.

#1 Rule of Aces High : Don't be a Fester.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2013, 02:20:33 AM »
It is truly amazing; perhaps heart wrenchingly depressing rather, just how small and petty so many people are capable of becoming when they are able to avoid the consequences of social norms, especially of that simple civil construct we have generally labeled courtesy. The selfishness that most civil societies have deemed as unacceptable behavior is unleashed with such ease, especially by those sadists who are unable to feel good about themselves through normal behavior and insist upon bullying at every opportunity they can safely do so without consequence in order to have an enjoyable time. If you are called out by the social norm and you fail to find any shame in your behavior, you need help. If you are unable to determine if you should be seeking help, go to a local gathering of people and repeat your previous encounter with them. If nothing of consequence happens, by all means carry on. I doubt many in this and previous, threads would find it completely free of consequence. Our remonstrations only fall upon deaf ears because it lacks any ability to enforce social norms in this environment. A shame. A crying shame. I know I have been ashamed of my online unaltered, online behavior before, and I try to respect the reason why and maintain civility. This, the forums, and ch 200 in game, are consistently brought to light as the worst parts of this game, at least it is to me and others whose opinions I have read or heard and respect in the slightest. Why bother coming? Why not? Given the rules I have the reasonable expectation to a civil forum, you do not have the reasonable expectation of the reverse. It is nice to see when people stand up to the bullies. It is a shame our stamina is not up to the level of the troll and griefer though, they have a hardwired itch to scratch and are built to go the distance and then some. Shame it works out that way, but good on those standing up for what is right, and shame on those who lack the ability to understand why, or simply accept or admit, they may be in the wrong. A pity we all don't have the drive to shout you down more than you have the ability to shout everyone else down. Online, that is. To do so usually requires way more effort for the lack of any form of enjoyment in such juvenile pursuits. Such small, so very small, human beings you are.

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2013, 02:34:58 AM »
When we let computer game chest pumping get in the way of reality, that's a serious problem. You have my serious condolences for your loss, SD.

Fester has my condolences for his loss, as well.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2013, 03:27:02 AM »
I apologize SD67.

:)
Thank you for that and especially the edit. And I apologize to you for coming at you in such a ugly manner. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me.....it's a personal flaw of mine.  I regret ever having read this thread to be quite honest. Hopefully we can all move on and enjoy ourselves. Life is too short to be bickering and raising hell with each other.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2013, 04:32:48 AM »
oh I got it.

people use the weapons available to them often in the name of righteousness.

I'd recommend logging into the game and finding me in game and shooting my plane down to them.

but they are neither an active player and likely not even an active paying subscriber to the game so this is the attack of choice.
Fester, you're suggesting that he does something that has no effect? What you said, whether he should have said anything about his wife or not, was heinous. It really does show what type of person you are, deep down under. There should not have been a private apology, where should have been a very public apology.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2013, 04:33:33 AM »
Threats of violence should never make someone apologise or feel more apologetic, because then it just becomes a cloak for further activity.

"Thank you for that and especially the edit. And I apologize to you for coming at you in such a ugly manner. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me.....it's a personal flaw of mine.  I regret ever having read this thread to be quite honest. Hopefully we can all move on and enjoy ourselves. Life is too short to be bickering and raising hell with each other.  salute"

With your actions uptown and apology, you have basically sealed the bond of dischord between you and Cit in this manner because he can simply say "Well sometimes my temper gets the best of me" and you will understand and excuse it because he did it for you.

It would of been better if you had stood with your anger and threats then not, because then you and other people would see you for who you really are and would be punished accordingly and people would continue to see Cit for he really is as well. It is regrettable that such things are black/white illegal where are you, because threats are only problems if they are substanciable. If its just some randomer spewing off steam, like you did; and not the OP saying it: Then it is mostly just hot air.

I wish to add that the internet is a challenge for us to be honest with ourselves; when we clearly don't have to be.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:42:41 AM by Myg »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2013, 04:43:28 AM »
It is truly amazing; perhaps heart wrenchingly depressing rather, just how small and petty so many people are capable of becoming when they are able to avoid the consequences of social norms, especially of that simple civil construct we have generally labeled courtesy. The selfishness that most civil societies have deemed as unacceptable behavior is unleashed with such ease, especially by those sadists who are unable to feel good about themselves through normal behavior and insist upon bullying at every opportunity they can safely do so without consequence in order to have an enjoyable time. If you are called out by the social norm and you fail to find any shame in your behavior, you need help. If you are unable to determine if you should be seeking help, go to a local gathering of people and repeat your previous encounter with them. If nothing of consequence happens, by all means carry on. I doubt many in this and previous, threads would find it completely free of consequence. Our remonstrations only fall upon deaf ears because it lacks any ability to enforce social norms in this environment. A shame. A crying shame. I know I have been ashamed of my online unaltered, online behavior before, and I try to respect the reason why and maintain civility. This, the forums, and ch 200 in game, are consistently brought to light as the worst parts of this game, at least it is to me and others whose opinions I have read or heard and respect in the slightest. Why bother coming? Why not? Given the rules I have the reasonable expectation to a civil forum, you do not have the reasonable expectation of the reverse. It is nice to see when people stand up to the bullies. It is a shame our stamina is not up to the level of the troll and griefer though, they have a hardwired itch to scratch and are built to go the distance and then some. Shame it works out that way, but good on those standing up for what is right, and shame on those who lack the ability to understand why, or simply accept or admit, they may be in the wrong. A pity we all don't have the drive to shout you down more than you have the ability to shout everyone else down. Online, that is. To do so usually requires way more effort for the lack of any form of enjoyment in such juvenile pursuits. Such small, so very small, human beings you are.

This +1,000,000. Thank goodness at least one other person is resonating & expressing the same feeling I have, I was starting to go nuts. Thank you Halo46  :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2013, 04:45:03 AM »
I wish to add that the internet is a challenge for us to be honest with ourselves; when we clearly don't have to be.

:aok :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2013, 04:49:18 AM »

This +1,000,000. Thank goodness at least one other person is resonating & expressing the same feeling I have, I was starting to go nuts. Thank you Halo46  :salute

I don't agree with this at all, some people are much too intelligent for the social norms and need to learn to moderate themselves instead of being forcefully moderated. That is why they have to see themselves as they truly are, and only they can do it.

This is why mercy and forgiveness are the only way to true peace, a forced peace is violence in the guise of peace.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2013, 04:54:23 AM »
Threats of violence should never make someone apologise or feel more apologetic, because then it just becomes a cloak for further activity.

"Thank you for that and especially the edit. And I apologize to you for coming at you in such a ugly manner. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me.....it's a personal flaw of mine.  I regret ever having read this thread to be quite honest. Hopefully we can all move on and enjoy ourselves. Life is too short to be bickering and raising hell with each other.  salute"

With your actions uptown and apology, you have basically sealed the bond of dischord between you and Cit in this manner because he can simply say "Well sometimes my temper gets the best of me" and you will understand and excuse it because he did it for you.

It would of been better if you had stood with your anger and threats then not, because then you and other people would see you for who you really are and would be punished accordingly and people would continue to see Cit for he really is as well. It is regrettable that such things are black/white illegal where are you, because threats are only problems if they are substanciable. If its just some randomer spewing off steam, like you did; and not the OP saying it: Then it is mostly just hot air.

Well I don't know man, you may be right. All I know is sometimes we say things out of anger, pride or hurt feelings that we don't really mean. I'm not perfect and don't expect others to be. This kind of thing is a no win situation for everyone. Fester swallowed his pride and offered an apology and I kept my end of the bargain and did the same. I'm happy with that.  :salute
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:02:28 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis