Author Topic: Disgusted  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Disgusted
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »
This soap opera of a forum has become disgusting with it's nasty back stabbing accusations and relentless massacre of random persons integrity.

Grow up children.  Seriously!
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Disgusted
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 12:25:04 PM »
Your behaviour has been appalling, you should promptly apologise  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 12:50:48 PM »
This soap opera of a forum has become disgusting with it's nasty back stabbing accusations and relentless massacre of random persons integrity.

Grow up children.  Seriously!

Yeah we have hit a new low around here of late. :(

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:57:04 PM »

Well, it wouldn't be the first time the forum devolved to ACES LOW. But I would like to
believe the character assaults made on this forum are generally done in ignorance of the real person's life
and experience. It doesn't excuse it, but I can't bring myself to believe that such would be done with any
real degree of premeditation or forethought. It's an act of thoughtlessness not thoughtfulness. It's bound
to happen from time to time.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »

Its not just Aces high, its pretty much every competitive game there is, especially on the internet where one can hide behind a monitor. For every 1 good ego there are 99 bad ones.

Sad part is 99% of all don't act like children in person. However gaming is to the point where I rather not even meet anyone or share any details.

JG 52

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
Its one thing to bicker and dicker but when things start turning personal things reach a new low. There have been a few people thru the years who have known some personal things about me but Ive never posted them in a forum and frankly dont trust strangers Ive never met.

It saddens me its happened here cause even if I didnt get involved it was reassuring to know this was a community that literally "knew each other" and even got together on occasion. This was a very tight community at one time. That last thread really turned my stomach. "You know the one Im talking about".
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
competitive game

I disagree and demand immediate apology

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 01:56:44 PM »
If I was a two-weeker reading the forums, experiencing 200 in the MA (and particularly in the DA!) and seeing how much BS is tolerated in AH, I would have left by now.  People don’t always stay with a game because of the game; they often stay because of the PEOPLE.  What is said on 200 and in the forums is in many ways the face of the game.  That means YOU (a forum participant) are the face of the game.  I wish more players gave a moment of thought to that BEFORE posting.

There is a very vocal group who probably make things look and feel worse than they are, but new players don’t know that.  I’m certain there are trial players who have left for that reason.  The DA is where many new players go to try their hand against a smaller number of opponents (I know I did), but the griefing that goes on there is ridiculous.  If there are moderators for the arenas (particularly the DA), I don’t think they are doing their jobs very well.  And it’s sad that HTC has to dedicate time and energy to policing the crap-slinging in here.

If it wasn’t for the FSO, I wouldn’t know there is a healthy community that exists in AH, instead of a rabble of immature, narcissistic, online gamers.  I know better because I’ve been around a bit and have been lucky enough to join an FSO squad, but I’m sure new players don’t see this.   All they see is the crap you post here and on 200.

If you want the game to thrive, and retain new players, remember that YOU are the face of the game to new people.  New players don’t understand the complex dynamics behind your purse-fights or squad-bashing or village-idiot baiting.  They just see all the crap.  Please take some responsibility for that, instead of making it worse and hiding behind your online anonymity.

WRT Fester, I hope he deeply regrets making such a thoughtless and disgusting comment.  But before you stoke the flames, try to remember the above.

End rant.

:salute
Ryno
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:00:20 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
Well, it wouldn't be the first time the forum devolved to ACES LOW. But I would like to
believe the character assaults made on this forum are generally done in ignorance of the real person's life
and experience. It doesn't excuse it, but I can't bring myself to believe that such would be done with any
real degree of premeditation or forethought. It's an act of thoughtlessness not thoughtfulness. It's bound
to happen from time to time.
Airing of grievance? 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 02:06:47 PM »
Airing of grievance? 

Personal exasperation followed by inappropriate acting out, from what I've observed.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »
If I was a two-weeker reading the forums, experiencing 200 in the MA (and particularly in the DA!) and seeing how much BS is tolerated in AH, I would have left by now.  People don’t always stay with a game because of the game; they often stay because of the PEOPLE.  What is said on 200 and in the forums is in many ways the face of the game.  That means YOU (a forum participant) are the face of the game.  I wish more players gave a moment of thought to that BEFORE posting.

Very true.  I started playing in tour 49 in 2004 and didn't even visit the forums till 2008.  I'm glad I had 4 years of game time to form a solid opinion before reading what goes on here behind the game scene.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »
Personal exasperation followed by inappropriate acting out, from what I've observed.
your face!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
your face!

That's what she said. Who was I to deny?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
That's what she said. Who was I to deny?
Aren't you supposed to buy me beer or food neighbor?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 03:04:46 PM »
Dragon, as a born and raised kid from Shaker Heights (poor side of the tracks) how are the Browns shaping up this year?

Pretty much agree with your OP.