Author Topic: SweetFX Injector for AH  (Read 7001 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: SweetFX Injector for AH
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »
meh i can't even get the danm thing to work, i can't find out how to use it lol
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 12:56:01 PM »
meh i can't even get the danm thing to work, i can't find out how to use it lol

My VD software didn't like the associated ware (I don't like bill riders forcing me into their pet search engines and browser tools). I'm just going by the screenies at this point.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »
lol @ the screenshots, PM adds a nice touch  ;)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 03:25:22 AM »
Mostly sweetfx seems to have changed the gamma setting in the image. You can do that in your regular control panel without adding any 'injectors'.

How do you know what else it injects in your system?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 07:59:44 AM »
Unless it is compromised with a virus an FX injector doesn't inject anything into the system. It doesn't work that way. An FX injector intercepts the communication between the game and directX, "injects" new commands to add effects the game does not make use of, and then sends it all to directX for rendering.

I would advise against using FX injectors of any kind in online gaming. You might get banned because FX injectors use the same methods as hacking tools by modifying the directX calls (to for example change textures and remove wall geometry... Wallhack).
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 08:03:13 AM »
Can you show some more screens? That comparison to me looks worse with the sweetFX turned on

All it does is use more CPU cycles and adjust your Gamma setting.   No telling what else is involved in that as well.    I'll pass, I would as well Bat.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 08:06:38 AM »
Look, the problem with the graphics of this game has been identified, and its not in the plane or the actual capability of the rendering, its the polygon count of the landscape.

I gave out before about the lack of dx11, and skuzzy was right to say that it wasn't needed.

We just need better looking surroundings.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »
Look, the problem with the graphics of this game has been identified, and its not in the plane or the actual capability of the rendering, its the polygon count of the landscape.

I gave out before about the lack of dx11, and skuzzy was right to say that it wasn't needed.

We just need better looking surroundings.

I'd rather people back up their statements posted on this forum and actually fight in game.   Unless we're supposed to be strafing the hillside?   The gameplay has always been more important than waves crashing on the shores of Ports, etc.    The skins are great.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 08:12:27 AM »
I'd rather people back up their statements posted on this forum and actually fight in game.   Unless we're supposed to be strafing the hillside?   The gameplay has always been more important than waves crashing on the shores of Ports, etc.    The skins are great.
This is like saying "why are you looking at your skins!!! go shoot someone!!! why are you hearing sound!! go kill somethign"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 08:29:42 AM »
This is like saying "why are you looking at your skins!!! go shoot someone!!! why are you hearing sound!! go kill somethign"

As much as "It's a fun game for those that aren't going out of their way to complain about small things" is like saying
"I wish I was blind and deaf while I flew this game." *

*Yet another example of exaggeration

:D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 08:50:13 AM »

No.   The hypocrisy of it all is what makes the current game play what it is.   Nice try though!  You exaggerate more these days than ever. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »
Can we add a "snoop dog shizzolator" check box to translate all text into rap slang?
Like dis shizzle . Dis be what da homies want yo.:aok

TBH, SweetFX is supposed ta go along wit ENB (which is tha freshest contributor ta added visuals) but only some game have it fo' realz. AH don't support it so tha chizzlez made wit SweetFX aint dat noticeable besides some chizzlez ta tha flavas n' anti aliasing. I can clearly peep a gangbangin' finger-lickin' difference when I use it, admittedly tha difference aint worthy of eye sex yo, but itz there n' I definitely prefer it over tha washed up flavas when SweetFX aint present.
                                                                                                                                           :cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 09:25:03 AM »
No.   The hypocrisy of it all is what makes the current game play what it is.   Nice try though!  You exaggerate more these days than ever. 
To me the ground is just as important as the planes, remember we have GVs.....also it looks nice when i'm flying into said ground because someone thought i didn't need my wing

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 09:30:26 AM »
To me the ground is just as important as the planes, remember we have GVs.....also it looks nice when i'm flying into said ground because someone thought i didn't need my wing

Personally, I think the 'Aces High Should Look Like The Best FPS Out There' argument
isn't a good one.

AHII will always be a dog-fighting first, other toys second game.

Also, it's one of the most economic downloads ever.

Honestly, the ground looks fine. When I really wanna sight see, I go outside.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 09:45:57 AM »
I think the simplest and easiest way to improve graphics is to have the option of an even higher resolution texture pack. In some planes, you can't even read the labels and warnings, while bolts and rivets look like a gray mushed dot. For example, my 109K4 pic on the first page. Looking at the wing, you can barely read the warning sign and the bolts, well I wouldn't even call them bolts.

Planes should get the best visual effects, followed by weapon visuals (smoke, fire, tracers) because that's what we see constantly in game.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp