Author Topic: SweetFX Injector for AH  (Read 7000 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: SweetFX Injector for AH
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2013, 05:54:01 PM »
I don't know the HTC server side strategy to detect active manipulation of the client side memory space while connected. So one has to speculate if it's a brute force approach and anything manipulating the memory space not expected by the process flags the players account. Or if it's precise and granular looking for very specific changes. Remember we add files to the AH executable folder to allow leveraging the game's graphics. In coarse generic terms a graphics hack.

Knowing that we are talking about this application, it's possible they tossed it on the barbi already to see how it tickles their hack buster and any headaches that may be. Being that it's only graphics for all intensive purposes it's benign and a player beware of your own results kind of thing.

A word from Skuzzy to set the record straight would be fair.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2013, 05:18:19 PM »
The polygon count makes for smoother air to air gameplay over a terrain that is actually fairly detailed (not nearly as 'ugly' as as you would make it out to be). Perhaps a design of balance and compromise isn't your thing. That doesn't make it a bad design nor does it make yor request a practical one.

Any modern (past 2004) computer would run fine with a higher polygon count. Its really silly how you jump around so much just to shoot my posts down.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2013, 05:38:08 PM »
Any modern (past 2004) computer would run fine with a higher polygon count. Its really silly how you jump around so much just to shoot my posts down.

Oh yeah Olds, its all about you, man.  :lol

Take up your issue with polygon count limits with Dale, himself. Offer your services and expertise. :aok
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:40:29 PM by Arlo »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »
I would not download that program all those affects can be done either through the game setyings or through your video cards control panel.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »
For planes textures? Not even...my Radeon 6870 1GB barely hits 50% usage in a 30+ player furball/tank town. And if I turn self shadows off, I get 30-35% usage. AH uses a whole lot more CPU than GPU.

I play with everything on except enviromental mapping on and shadows at 4096.  I get 60 fps no matter where I am and how many around me.  except for a few spots in some maps and I believe that is a bug in the map itself.  I play with 3 monitors and trakir.

my friends that have seen the game they like the graphics and the action. only reason they havent joined is because they think it's too complicated to play.

I have played wowp and it sucks.  that game is designed to play with a keyboard and mouse.  if like me you are used to a joystick  then you are out of luck as they're too many bugs to be worked out.

one thing that really amazes my friends is when i tell them that we had 300 or 400 players in the same arena at the same time.  they dont seem to comprehend as they're used to having 10 or 15 players at any one time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »
I play with everything on except enviromental mapping on and shadows at 4096.  I get 60 fps no matter where I am and how many around me.  except for a few spots in some maps and I believe that is a bug in the map itself.  I play with 3 monitors and trakir.

my friends that have seen the game they like the graphics and the action. only reason they havent joined is because they think it's too complicated to play.

I have played wowp and it sucks.  that game is designed to play with a keyboard and mouse.  if like me you are used to a joystick  then you are out of luck as they're too many bugs to be worked out.

one thing that really amazes my friends is when i tell them that we had 300 or 400 players in the same arena at the same time.  they dont seem to comprehend as they're used to having 10 or 15 players at any one time.

semp

Cool...but what does that have to do with the point I made in that post.  :lol

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 11:18:42 PM »
SweetFX is going to do SweetFA for AH. Still going to be left with blue skies,flat seas, flat terrain, straight angles and pyramid hills.  Nice try though but you need to use modern game to see real results.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 11:48:37 PM »
Cool...but what does that have to do with the point I made in that post.  :lol

you asking for a higher resolution but you dont have the system to run it  :rofl.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 12:00:11 AM »
you asking for a higher resolution but you dont have the system to run it  :rofl.

semp

Except my video card (like I already said) isn't even at its full potential while playing AH...not to mention its a 1GB model from two years ago...2GB is the norm now and plenty of cards even have 3 or 4GB. More than enough for some higher resolution plane textures or damage effects. And the hi res pack is already optional, why not make an even higher res pack that's (ding ding ding) also optional.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 12:44:48 AM »
I can't imagine it being considered a bannable offense..even if it did somehow allow you to "cheat", what cheat would that be?

It would be lead computing sight naturally.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 12:58:03 AM »
Except my video card (like I already said) isn't even at its full potential while playing AH...not to mention its a 1GB model from two years ago...2GB is the norm now and plenty of cards even have 3 or 4GB. More than enough for some higher resolution plane textures or damage effects. And the hi res pack is already optional, why not make an even higher res pack that's (ding ding ding) also optional.

what is the point if people like you who "have the system" wont run it.

semp

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 01:41:15 AM »
I can't imagine it being considered a bannable offense..even if it did somehow allow you to "cheat", what cheat would that be?

The classic use of injectors to cheat would be the wall-hack. I.e. removing/making transparent the walls in a first-person shooter so you can see the enemy through walls. In AH injectors could potentially be used to remove most of the cockpit and turn every enemy plane glowing red so they can be spotted/tracked easier. Remember that the game doesn't actually render anything itself, it just instructs directX what to render, so for example object occlusion and sorting is performed by directX, not the game itself.

Aimbot and just about all other cheats use this technology to intercept directX commands. A lot of work is being done by the gaming industry to combat it, so it is far from safe to use it for even benign purposes like this FX injector.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 02:15:57 AM »

Its just not only about you, he jumps to the throat of anyone criticizing the game

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 06:45:46 AM »
Being that it's only graphics for all intensive purposes it's benign and a player beware of your own results kind of thing.

Far be it for me to play spelling or phrase police. Lord knows I aint perfect.

But the saying is "for all intents and purposes"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 07:17:05 AM »
The classic use of injectors to cheat would be the wall-hack. I.e. removing/making transparent the walls in a first-person shooter so you can see the enemy through walls. In AH injectors could potentially be used to remove most of the cockpit and turn every enemy plane glowing red so they can be spotted/tracked easier. Remember that the game doesn't actually render anything itself, it just instructs directX what to render, so for example object occlusion and sorting is performed by directX, not the game itself.

Aimbot and just about all other cheats use this technology to intercept directX commands. A lot of work is being done by the gaming industry to combat it, so it is far from safe to use it for even benign purposes like this FX injector.

As a sidenote I once had a driver problem which corrupted my plane textures so that I could see through most of my cockpit. While it made lead shots a bit easier the effect was mostly disturbing immersion wise just as flying without a cockpit would have been. Added negative was that you couldn't read any of the gauges anymore.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone