Author Topic: Lost Asset  (Read 2739 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Lost Asset
« on: June 22, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
 :airplane: It gives me a "sad", "sad" feeling to see players leaving the game who have contributed so much to this game! There is another on line sim game which is attracting players because of their graphics, but their aircraft "suck", when compared to Aces High! Some how, some way, someone has to get through to Hi Tech that the graphics system needs to be up graded to a more "realistic" feel when flying in this game.
There are a number of things which could be added to make the game a lot better and deter people from wanting to leave. Example: A Navy PBY4 aircraft assigned to each port, (5) each. The PBY4 would be stealth, would not show up on radar and would show no dar. These of course would be used to locate enemy CV groups and scout ahead on Naval aviation missions posted in the CV groups. They would not be able to be killed by anything except Japanese aircraft, although, I know, some were used in the Atlantic theater, but less keep it simple. This way they would not be "cannon fodder" for 262's and would be useful tools to players in the game.
Aircraft sitting around on ramps and hangars, ground vehicles moving about on bases, maybe even some ground personnel moving about to make it more realistic! More trains moving about on all the different maps to promote more Hvy fighter attacks on same.
Clouds! I know that they are working on this at AH, but if other sim games can have clouds without interfering with ones computer frame rate, then AH can do the same!
Bring back the Curtis C-46 Commando, which AH thought was a C-47 when I first came into the game, only have 3 assigned to any one base, but they would be able to carry 3 boxes of field supplies for base and strat resupply.
How about some "grass" aerodromes, such as those that were in Germany and France and other countries during the WW2 theater of operations. Would be kinda neat to see 10 ME-109's or something similar, taking off, line abreast, just like they did during the WW2 war!
Multi section bridges which can be destroyed and damage points awarded for such?
There is just a ton of things that can be done with this game and without question, would, because of the aircraft modeling, garner the majority of on line sim players.
And it would probably make Hi Tech a "billionaire"!!!! LOL
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lost Asset
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »
There is nothing up with the game :old:

Stop moaning and have fun :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 08:31:41 AM »
There is nothing up with the game :old:

Stop moaning and have fun :)

Indeed

Here Here

Tish tosh and all that rot!   :aok

:salute

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
Its best not to be ignorant of your surroundings, but not put down by them either. Yes, alternatives will take players away from the fold, that is inevitable. I really like some of the ideas, like the grass fields and "stealth" pby's. I think storch's should be like that as well. It would certainly open up another front of playing.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 08:56:07 AM »
What if HTC just wants a good, affordable product that's easy to manage with relatively low overhead?  Why do they have to become the Starbucks of flight sims? Maybe HTC doesn't want to cater to millions of customers.

If I were a business owner I'd want to keep it small, yet profitable enough to make a decent living.

BTW.....I'm all for the PBYs @ ports  :aok
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:58:14 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 09:11:39 AM »
Example: A Navy PBY4 aircraft assigned to each port, (5) each. The PBY4 would be stealth, would not show up on radar and would show no dar. These of course would be used to locate enemy CV groups and scout ahead on Naval aviation missions posted in the CV groups. They would not be able to be killed by anything except Japanese aircraft, although, I know, some were used in the Atlantic theater, but less keep it simple.
You have got to be kidding on this one.  :rofl Right?
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 09:42:24 AM »
been playing flight sims and other games for 12+ years. game play was and is infinitely more important to me than graphics.

there is no MMPOLG that compares to AH in terms of playability, accessibility, scenarios, player participation and volunteerism (CMs), product support, and price.
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but ist the pby4 a modified B24D with a single rudder?
Thus the privateer requires a runway to operate, as it lacks the required floats and boat hull of a flying boat.
Therefore I don't see it operating out of a port as it doest have a runway.

Slight difference between the b24 and pby4, the engines are placed vertically as oppose to horizontaly, it has a single massive rudder as oppose to the tail boom it had before, It has 2 top turrets, a different nose turret, different blister positions, and not sure if it had a ball turret.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_PB4Y-2_Privateer

http://www.timemoneyandblood.com/HTML/aircraft/americanAircraft/privateer.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:41:00 AM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 11:40:18 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but ist the pby4 a modified B24 with a single rudder?

No that was the PB4Y  The PBY4 would be a Catalina variant (PBY-4).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 11:44:07 AM »
Oh................ :uhoh :bolt:

All these designations for naval aircraft are not for the tired minded :old:
my mistake guys. Thanks lusche  :salute

P.s. I wouldn't mind have this bird :t
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
It is really starting to irk me how many people think better graphics is something you just 'turn on'.  I wouldn't bother to count the number of posts stating they need to do a new graphics engine, or license cryengine, or move to DX11 or whatever.

If they did that, that's just swell.  Now, to take advantage of that they have to redo every. single. piece. of artwork and models in the game.  Trees, buildings, ground textures, vehicle artwork, vehicle models.  Every bit of it would need to be redone.  Artwork is the vast majority of the work in a 3D game, not backend programming.  Also, every single map would need to be redone if they wanted higher detail on the ground shapes.

But yep, it's just that simple.  Recreate the entire game world.  Should only take a couple weeks, right?

/rant

Wiley.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:44:41 PM by Wiley »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
i think Earl found his grass stash from '65...and it may have been dusted with some pesticide.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 01:37:20 PM »
It is really starting to irk me how many people think better graphics is something you just 'turn on'.  I wouldn't bother to count the number of posts stating they need to do a new graphics engine, or license cryengine, or move to DX11 or whatever.

If they did that, that's just swell.  Now, to take advantage of that they have to redo every. single. piece. of artwork and models in the game.  Trees, buildings, ground textures, vehicle artwork, vehicle models.  Every bit of it would need to be redone.  Artwork is the vast majority of the work in a 3D game, not backend programming.  Also, every single map would need to be redone if they wanted higher detail on the ground shapes.

But yep, it's just that simple.  Recreate the entire game world.  Should only take a couple weeks, right?

/rant

Wiley.

the AH2 engine is 9 years old, thank you for the rant

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 01:39:27 PM »
the AH2 engine is 9 years old, thank you for the rant
and yet, here it still stands when every other mmo flight sim has come and gone. says something about perception doesn't it...

the real question is, if you dislike it so much, why are you still here lurking in the forums?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 01:40:53 PM »
AcesHigh is in desperate need for a more efficient graphics engine.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez