Author Topic: OMG, look at the front page  (Read 13422 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: OMG, look at the front page
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »
I can't wait for the first time a Hetzer kills your Panther because you didn't see it...

And losing a Tiger II to a Jagdpanther that has to have its engine running, and has almost half of your armor...

We shall see, because if you are correct, I will be the one in the Hetzer and doing what it is intended to do. I hope you are correct.

And the latter part mentioned probably won't happen anytime in the near future. I have uppd a Tiger 2 all of maybe half a dozen times. I don't like the ballistics of the Tiger(s) compared to the Panther. I my observation it appears to have much greater of an arc to its' shot. I dunno, but my experience in the Tiger would not get a very good review. The Panther and late T34 seem to have more advantage vs. perk price.

I hope you are correct about the lethality of the TD's, I think they are going to need it because of the lack of maneuverability. I can't wait.  :banana:

:salute

Rot
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2013, 05:50:45 PM »
So now i want Russian TD's D:
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »
The era of the HP/DELL has past. Crank it up HiTech!

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »
Hope I can kill it with a jeep :cool:

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
We shall see, because if you are correct, I will be the one in the Hetzer and doing what it is intended to do. I hope you are correct.

And the latter part mentioned probably won't happen anytime in the near future. I have uppd a Tiger 2 all of maybe half a dozen times. I don't like the ballistics of the Tiger(s) compared to the Panther. I my observation it appears to have much greater of an arc to its' shot. I dunno, but my experience in the Tiger would not get a very good review. The Panther and late T34 seem to have more advantage vs. perk price.

I hope you are correct about the lethality of the TD's, I think they are going to need it because of the lack of maneuverability. I can't wait.  :banana:

:salute

Rot
Tiger 2 gun has one of the flattest trajectories in the game the only thing you can't knock out with it is another tiger2 atleast from the front anyways
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2013, 07:58:43 PM »
I need a SPG with bird view. :D

WTG HTC on new TDs  :aok

I will be back in new version...:)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2013, 09:09:34 PM »

http://www.dell.com

;)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »
http://www.dell.com

;)

You know what I meant. Good to see some of the old guard still around.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2013, 09:31:15 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

You know what I meant. Good to see some of the old guard still around.

Thanks (though I don't consider myself old or guard when it comes to AH).  :D

I do indeed know what you mean but .... you may be surprised how many stock Dell users play Aces High still. Partly because Dale doesn't dis their Dell.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: July 01, 2013, 01:10:54 AM »
Thanks (though I don't consider myself old or guard when it comes to AH).  :D

I do indeed know what you mean but .... you may be surprised how many stock Dell users play Aces High still. Partly because Dale doesn't dis their Dell.

my stock dell tis awesome
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2013, 01:16:28 AM »

;)

(No, just intardnet picses)  :D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2013, 06:54:44 AM »

And yet Intel's graphic card market share increased this year (63.4%), while AMD (19.7%) and NVidia (16.9%) both lost market share, in the desktop market.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2013, 07:59:08 AM »
And yet Intel's graphic card market share increased this year (63.4%), while AMD (19.7%) and NVidia (16.9%) both lost market share, in the desktop market.

Is that statistic including Laptops? Therefore Intel graphic cards vs AMD,Nvidia doesn't surprise me. Most however who use Laptops or esp PC's for gaming are always going to go for an extra GPU or two.

Intel card isn't much use for anything other than Desktop graphics or very basic game graphics.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »
Gixer,

What you're not seeming to understand is that most people who play games on their PCs don't have a gaming PC or laptop.  Those of us who custom build a gaming PC or buy an expensive gaming laptop are a minority of gamers and if any company who depended on PC sales, even Blizzard, was to target the level of PC you've suggested (2011 era gaming PC) as the minimum they would go under.  In single player games or co-op multiplayer games graphics can be changed from very low to very high at only the cost of a bit of development time, but in a PvP multi-player game the cover objects (trees, bushed, hills, buildings, smoke, clouds, sun) must all be the same on all detail levels and this greatly constrains the range of graphics options available to be minimized.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »
Firstly, good job on the TDs; now we need an SU-100.  :-)  The new German TDs are about as tactically viable as the gun-armed M3, sacrificing speed but posessing better guns / armor.  Given their lack of turrets, I think only the Jagdpanther should be perked.  

<snip> What I would like to see is a much higher polygon count terrain map which would dispense with the need for the small, repetitive hillocks that are pasted onto the current low resolution terrain maps in order to give the tanks something other than large, flat, treed planes to fight on.  <snip>

Fancy graphics have *nothing* to do with to GV play quality.  The tactically limiting dead-flat maps with the "small repetitive hillocks" also have nothing to do with graphics, but only with maps designed without consideration for GV tactical maneuvering (probably because GVs were not common when they were designed).  BTW, the hillocks themselves are good, but you need medium-scale hills and valleys to put them on.  

Furthermore, the sharp-edged terrain (ridges etc.) some are complaining about is actually good for GVs, as it gives something to maneuver / hide behind.  If you smooth those out too much, you tend to reduce everything to the "flat treed planes" (sic; should be “plains”).  Otherwise, attention is drawn to the sound of the moving GV, you look in that direction, and if it’s a flat plain, you see it immediately and take appropriate steps.  Thus the maneuver option is greatly reduced, thus making GV game play less interesting. 

MH
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:27:05 AM by TDeacon »