Author Topic: OMG, look at the front page  (Read 13376 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: OMG, look at the front page
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2013, 02:15:21 PM »
No no no no :old:
He means the other one :neener:

He can't have the other one.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »
As in your case the uncomfortable origin of the term leatherneck turned into a badge of honor. How's Chesty doing guarding those heavenly streets........
can you imagine what the nickname would have been if someone had noted the amount of perspiration build up in those collars?

just think about john wayne in "the flying sweatynecks"...  :lol

i heard rumor that Chesty was trying to organize a heavenly militia...not sure how far that has gotten though.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »
“Of all the passions that inspire a man in a battle, none, we have to admit, is so powerful and so constant as the longing for pretty mountains and tidal action along the coastal areas of a map.”

― Triton von Clausewitz
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
“Of all the passions that inspire a man in a battle, none, we have to admit, is so powerful and so constant as the longing for pretty mountains and tidal action along the coastal areas of a map.”

― Triton von Clausewitz

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »
That's ok, if it were this easy, we wouldn't need lawyers to screw us on this rock, or rocket scientists to get us off this rock. More often I just see more connections relevant to the subject. I miss the PBS series "Connections".

So we got our modern hoe for gardening from a British lawyer and agriculturalist in the 1700's named "Jethro Tull". The modern pop band "Jethro Tull" often themed songs about old agrarian practices and myths. Song lyrics Gyrene need some kind of source or inspiration. Connections........nothing truly exists alone.

As in your case the uncomfortable origin of the term leatherneck turned into a badge of honor. How's Chesty doing guarding those heavenly streets........
"Modern pop band Jethro Tull"?  :rofl

Are you 105?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2013, 03:06:58 PM »
So we got our modern hoe for gardening from a British lawyer and agriculturalist in the 1700's named "Jethro Tull".
i can't find any source that says mr. tull achieved a degree in law. and i believe the greeks and romans used hoe's long before mr. tull "invented" them, unless you're talking about the horse drawn variety which is different.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »
That's ok, if it were this easy, we wouldn't need lawyers to screw us on this rock, or rocket scientists to get us off this rock. More often I just see more connections relevant to the subject. I miss the PBS series "Connections".

So we got our modern hoe for gardening from a British lawyer and agriculturalist in the 1700's named "Jethro Tull". The modern pop band "Jethro Tull" often themed songs about old agrarian practices and myths. Song lyrics Gyrene need some kind of source or inspiration. Connections........nothing truly exists alone.

Did you just use Chesty Puller's name in vain?  Seriously?  Chesty doesn't guard the heavenly streets Mr So-old-I-fart-dust because they dont need guarding.  Chesty guards God Almighty himself.  Carlos Hathcock has the Pearly Gates covered from 1500 meters with iron sites only,  Lt. Michael Murphy, PO2 Matt Axelson, and PO2 Danny Deitz recon the area between Heaven and Hell.

Get it right or go home Bustr
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:14:58 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »
Chesty guards God Almighty himself.

Good night, Chesty Puller, wherever you are!

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Gunzo
3. I Owned Skyyr and his shades relentlessly and have countless films to prove it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2013, 04:29:32 PM »
My flying started some time ago as a space pilot in the wireframe universe which was Elite on the BBC Model B, so AH looks brilliant to me.

My orignal ELITE box (Schneider CPC, internationally known as Armstrad), almost 30 years old now. Still including all handbooks and the novel  :rock
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »
You haven't ran into dr7, have ya? :lol  He's knocked out my KT with his KT, with both of us having our nose to each other.  He found the sweet spot before I did. :bhead

No I have not ran into him in TII. IIRC, I've only had one extended shooting battle in a TII, with Bruv in a TII and someone else shooting me. Bruv and the other killed my TII and then a friendly bombed him.

Now I'm going to have to up each of the three find a fixed point and refresh myself on the ballistics, will report back.

:cheers:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2013, 12:48:13 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

My orignal ELITE box (Schneider CPC, internationally known as Armstrad), almost 30 years old now. Still including all handbooks and the novel  :rock

:rofl  :aok I've got the original box with 5 inch floppy too. Even got the BBC Model B computer somewhere  :old:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2013, 06:30:05 AM »

Even got the BBC Model B computer somewhere  :old:

You are soo old.

:P
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2013, 06:34:22 AM »
Did you just use Chesty Puller's name in vain?  Seriously?  Chesty doesn't guard the heavenly streets Mr So-old-I-fart-dust because they dont need guarding.  Chesty guards God Almighty himself.  Carlos Hathcock has the Pearly Gates covered from 1500 meters with iron sites only,  Lt. Michael Murphy, PO2 Matt Axelson, and PO2 Danny Deitz recon the area between Heaven and Hell.

Get it right or go home Bustr

Damn! that's pretty good  :aok :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2013, 07:23:11 AM »
We have an eclectic membership, that's for certain. :aok
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:24:59 AM by nooby52 »

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »
[img]http://www.hitechcreations.com/images/stories/news/jagdpanzer/jagdpanzer38t_3.jpg[/img

Happy to see more tanks or in this case assault guns. The most produced German armored vehicle was assault guns and the Stug III was the most common. I personally would have rather saw the Stug III and Stug IV over the Jagdpanther but the Hetzer-38 is a good choice. However I will be using that new Jagdpanther as soon as it shows up. Great job HTC thanks.