Author Topic: Yo Cap...AAF Velociraptor  (Read 505 times)

Online WEZEL

• Silver Member
Yo Cap...AAF Velociraptor
« on: June 29, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »
This is what I did my last few days at work  :D

nice headers as far as headers go, not to much of a pain to install.

under side of charger

Intake side

Got to keep the air cool

Tight fit but doable

The tune made this truck crazy fast and lots of torque, sorry cant get into who made the tune for me, I was asked not to say.

Online WEZEL

• Silver Member
Re: Yo Cap...AAF Velociraptor
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:53:48 PM »
The Raptor was fast but not as fast as this after the tune, yes the "Test" drive was done in a safe maner  :devil

And for those that don't believe....."Their is a seat for every a.$.$ and a A.$.$ for every seat" 

Just about all of our high end cars go put with that sticker on them, must be nice to have money to burn  :confused:

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »
I read the title and I was expecting an olive drab raptor with the USAAF logo painted on the hood.  :confused:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »
i think i am jealous.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »
You keep your tools entirely too clean
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 04:25:44 PM »
They're trying to get me to come in and sort out the abortion in the top pic and find out why the one below doesn't make enough boost........as if it isn't obvious from the giant size of the turbos and the small size of the intake pipe on the mustang and the too large turbos on the chevy as well as the pipes that will surely light the plastic wiper motor on fire.

I'm not interested.......busy fixing the dyno.

Online WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 04:31:25 PM »
You keep your tools entirely too clean

Working on mostly on new cars I dont get the chance to get dirty nobody want to pick up their 30k+ vehicles and have dirty paw prints all over it. As for the ruler it's a Sarrets machinist rule about 21 years old and does not get used much at my job.

My second bay on the other hand does look like a junk pit when I am done doing mods like this  :banana:

Online WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 04:42:43 PM »
They're trying to get me to come in and sort out the abortion in the top pic and find out why the one below doesn't make enough boost........as if it isn't obvious from the giant size of the turbos and the small size of the intake pipe on the mustang and the too large turbos on the chevy as well as the pipes that will surely light the plastic wiper motor on fire.

I'm not interested.......busy fixing the dyno.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

The Chevy does look like a fire waiting to happen, who the heck would worry about a heater core on a car built like that  :huh

The Pony is in desperate need to breath.

Man I wish they would let me build one my way....but alas they only want to do the quick bolt on stuff to keep it somewhat under warranty.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »
Working on mostly on new cars I dont get the chance to get dirty nobody want to pick up their 30k+ vehicles and have dirty paw prints all over it. As for the ruler it's a Sarrets machinist rule about 21 years old and does not get used much at my job.

My second bay on the other hand does look like a junk pit when I am done doing mods like this  :banana:

Ok. you've proven yourself legit  ;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 10:30:44 AM »
Market adjust $10k?
So the Stealer...er, Dealer makes about $5k in profit with that Rousch upgrade. :confused:

Online WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 06:29:27 PM »
Market adjust $10k?
So the Stealer...er, Dealer makes about $5k in profit with that Rousch upgrade. :confused:

No the market adjustment was for the Mustang GT500. Just about All the high end pony's GT500's, Laguna Seca's. and bosses,go out the door that way, we sold over 10 GT's and they all but 1 or 2 went for over 200k  :O

A stock stang with a Roush charger and exhaust and body kit get marked up  a large amount also.

The Raptor when sold would be about a 15k markup 2 other ones were done for the showrooms, my dealer has 5 stores all around NJ & NY. This Raptor in the pictures was sold as stock and the customer bought all the parts from Hennessey Performance and had me do the install, just so it would match up with his Hennessey Camaro  :rolleyes:

I see none of that cash at all, must be nice to have money to burn.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
When you add a supercharger to a truck or large SUV that could well be towing something, the first thing to do is make sure the owner knows not to get a K&N filter and, if he does, not to over oil it when cleaning it.

I told the TRD rep. about that when I did the first supercharger install on a tundra on the east coast with him after I noticed the very large trailer towing equipment in the truck which probably meant a heavy trailer and predicted the truck would come back with a blown up engine.

It came back a few weeks later with blown up engine I had to change under warranty........which pays about 1/3 of what a customer pay engine change does.......and I still had to switch over the supercharger stuff for free.

A few weeks later, the next supercharger install came with freshly printed stickers stating not to use K&N filters.

Certain mass air flow sensors have a hot wire or film that get's hot enough to cause any oil from the filter on them to coat the wire with ash.......which insulates the wire from the airflow meaning it requires less current/voltate/duty cycle to maintain it's temperature.

This causes a lean condition.

The lean condition doesn't hurt until you run lean under boost.

On our tundra, the owner cleaned and oiled up the filter right after the supercharger installation and pulled a trailer just under the maximum weight across the state of florida at like 80mph which meant he was under boost the entire way with a lean mixture.

I pulled the freeze frame data and it showed the data from when the failure occurred yet the dealership decided on a "goodwill warranty".....which screwed me.

This was in 2001 and you now have K&N doing spin control and a lot of people thinking it was the causation of everything that ails thier cars.

Any addition of a supercharger or turbocharger requires a lot more research into how the owner drives it and I've gone as far as scouring forums to find a few trouble owners are bragging how they made a dealership pay for something they broke at the drag strip.

Now I do the research as early on as possible and it's saved me more than a few "freebie" warranty claims when I found facebook pictures of cars at the drag strip or posts concerning massive abuses of thier cars.

One was a smoked transmission on a lexus IS-F when I found remnants of the white paint they use to write a number into the back window of your car at the drag strip which prompted me to check further and find a pic of a multi-port 300 shot nitrous oxide system on the car.....have the pic but can't find it.

Online WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 07:20:44 PM »
When you add a supercharger to a truck or large SUV that could well be towing something, the first thing to do is make sure the owner knows not to get a K&N filter and, if he does, not to over oil it when cleaning it.

I told the TRD rep. about that when I did the first supercharger install on a tundra on the east coast with him after I noticed the very large trailer towing equipment in the truck which probably meant a heavy trailer and predicted the truck would come back with a blown up engine.

It came back a few weeks later with blown up engine I had to change under warranty........which pays about 1/3 of what a customer pay engine change does.......and I still had to switch over the supercharger stuff for free.

A few weeks later, the next supercharger install came with freshly printed stickers stating not to use K&N filters.

Certain mass air flow sensors have a hot wire or film that get's hot enough to cause any oil from the filter on them to coat the wire with ash.......which insulates the wire from the airflow meaning it requires less current/voltate/duty cycle to maintain it's temperature.

This causes a lean condition.

The lean condition doesn't hurt until you run lean under boost.

On our tundra, the owner cleaned and oiled up the filter right after the supercharger installation and pulled a trailer just under the maximum weight across the state of florida at like 80mph which meant he was under boost the entire way with a lean mixture.

I pulled the freeze frame data and it showed the data from when the failure occurred yet the dealership decided on a "goodwill warranty".....which screwed me.

This was in 2001 and you now have K&N doing spin control and a lot of people thinking it was the causation of everything that ails thier cars.

Any addition of a supercharger or turbocharger requires a lot more research into how the owner drives it and I've gone as far as scouring forums to find a few trouble owners are bragging how they made a dealership pay for something they broke at the drag strip.

Now I do the research as early on as possible and it's saved me more than a few "freebie" warranty claims when I found facebook pictures of cars at the drag strip or posts concerning massive abuses of thier cars.

One was a smoked transmission on a lexus IS-F when I found remnants of the white paint they use to write a number into the back window of your car at the drag strip which prompted me to check further and find a pic of a multi-port 300 shot nitrous oxide system on the car.....have the pic but can't find it.

I doubt any of the owners that I do builds for can even set their own tire pressure let alone clean and oil a filter, this owner has been told NO towing of anything at anytime. I told the parts manager to stock front and rear axles and drive shafts, this dude is going to try and lite all 4 wheels up I have a feeling  :huh

I have been using K&N stuff for years and a little oil is all you need on them. I don't recommend them to any non-car guy to use, but people still use them and I sell a ton of MAF sensors to the ones that do. I don't like K&N filters for street use they need to be inspected often and cleaned properly and oiled more that people realize.

I have surfed youtube and seen some of our customers doing some stupid crap. I have to say one thing I have only done 1 warranty clutch on the high end stuff and it was the owners son's demo, you know how that goes  :rolleyes:  Everything else that we install get's covered no matter what unless Ford gets involved than it is a crap shoot on if it's cash or covered.

I had a GT500 with a motorsport super charger upgrade on it come back with 400+ miles and the clutch was smoked I mean the flywheel was blue, the dad bought his 18 year old son a grad gift  :eek: needless to say 4k later he paid the bill and never seen that car again, probably got totaled on the way home.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
actually that k&n air filter problem exists to a lesser extent on stock production engines, for the same reason. i can't tell you how many cars i've worked on that ran like poop simply 'cause someone got over zealous with the oil on one of those.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)