Author Topic: Why USAF, USN, USMC and others want this F-35?  (Read 3177 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why USAF, USN, USMC and others want this F-35?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 01:06:24 PM »
The Swiss Alps the way god intended them to be seen: 600knts, upside down baby!

I'm not an expert on Mirages, and I know it is titled Mirage III but wasn't it the Mirage 2000 that had the canards?

I wonder how a good F-5E-II stacks up against those birds?

boo

The Swiss modernized their M.III's whith canards and new avionics/radar in the late '80s.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 01:10:30 PM »
The M.2000 looks "beefier" and does not have canards.

Still a pretty bird...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX9L8IuiwJA
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 01:38:43 PM »
Next Traveler is going to say the Soviet Union was supplied by the US military industrial complex...  :noid

First, there is no Soviet Union.  Suggest you do some reading.  You need to drop the US, It's just a military industrial complex.    It's not just a US problem.   Check your history.  Many firms,  corporations in the New Russia, are part of the military industrial complex.  They make parts for both sides.  They sell to everyone.     
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 01:49:54 PM »
Next Traveler is going to say the Soviet Union was supplied by the US military industrial complex...  :noid

Well at least he keeps his babbling short. Trying to get thru Bozons world view threads is painful.

But what did I learn in this thread? Carlos Kopp has the entire continent of Australia convinced we screwed them with the F35, except that is the RAAF, the US Military Industrial Complex has enslaved the world by giving away weapons, and America generally sucks. Oh yeah...and the F15SE has the same RCS as the F22... :huh

Nice F35 thread. Come to Aces High for serious modern aviation discussion............ :bolt:
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »
 :rofl

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »

Next Traveler is going to say the Soviet Union was supplied by the US military industrial complex...  :noid

"Was" - Past tense.

First, there is no Soviet Union.  Suggest you do some reading.     

Oh, the irony!

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2013, 02:26:05 PM »
I question this. You think the wealth disparity in the US is bad? The 1% have got NOTHING on the distribution of wealth in China. Something like 75% of their population lives on only $5 a day and has limited to no access to modern medical care and infrastructure.

I was discussing wealth disparity or health care, that's an entirely different discussion.. Just stating China has trillions in surplus to spend, US and Europe have Trillions in Debt. US especially has maxed out it's Credit Card limit a number of times recently and just continues to increase the limit with no plans to pay it off.

At current rate US will be pushing near 20 trillion in debt within a few years, imagine the monthly interest payments on the govt credit card if bond rates was to increase even just half a percent. Which is highly likely scenario since the Treasury can't keep on buying Fed bonds indefinitely.

That scenario you might not be able to field large numbers of even 4th Gen fighters let alone 5th. Takes a strong economy to maintain a strong military.

Anyway it's all up to Ben now and his Kamikaze Keynesianism economics, will be interesting to see how they slow down the printing presses without scaring the markets into panic and causing a sharp rise in interest rates.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »
Although honestly, there's not a whole lot you can do to make a country pay up, especially one as big as the USA. We supply a lot of food to China, so we can hit them back if they jack up prices or impose a tariff.

I mean short of trying to bully them economically, or crying to the UN, there's not much you can do that wouldn't be a prelude to war.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 03:07:48 PM »
I was discussing wealth disparity or health care, that's an entirely different discussion.. Just stating China has trillions in surplus to spend, US and Europe have Trillions in Debt. US especially has maxed out it's Credit Card limit a number of times recently and just continues to increase the limit with no plans to pay it off.

Where do you think a big chunk of that surplus is COMING from?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »
The history of monetary policy and currency wars. Sadly, they tend to end with major shooting wars. Let's pray not this time but...

As for the F-15SE having a similar frontal radar cross section as the F-22, I know propaganda informs that is easy to disbelieve. This same propaganda machine informs us the shooting down of the F-117s over Serbia was an accident. I remember during Gulf War I reading of allied radars using long-wave tracking F-117s out to 50+ miles. I remember reading of two cell phone engineers using cell phone technology to follow the path of B-2 bombers.

It is very hard to sort out truth versus intentional fiction. The only thing I know is that America has clearly reached Romanesque levels of power projection. If we go serious we could take on the entire combined militarys of the world and defeat them, Brits, Germans, Israelis, Russians, Chinese, Canadians, etc...the while lot of them. Our greatest threat is NOT external, but internal failure.

Yes, we should read up on these things. Please continue to correct my errors of judgement on the F-15SE v F-22 v F-35, etc. I know I am speculating there and enjoy being corrected and learning more. The cost of the F-35 is a greater threat than the entire Chinese Air Force.

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »
I'm fairly certain we could mop the floor with the rest of NATO, or China, or Russia. But the whole world is a mighty tall order....

If we had China's population, maybe, since we would then constitute roughly 1/6th of the world's population. But I think the issue we would face is not being defeated tactically, but getting overwhelmed strategically.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »
You'd be hard pressed with the rest of NATO alone...

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »
Well by all means DO repeat such an insane rumor without even trying to check it out.

You cant take a very unstealthy aircraft design and turn it into a stealth aircraft with a new coat of paint and a few mechanical changes. You can reduce its RCS somewhat , which was very large to begin with. Here is a diagram that gives some idea of max and min RCS of combat aircraft. The Chinese J-20 is still a decade away from being deployed and not even the Chinese know what kind of RCS it will have. Of course in all other areas of avionics and especially engines the Chinese are 1 to 2 generations away from western standards.

(Image removed from quote.)

That image reeks, IE: the three clearly featured versions of the F-35, all the same (just had to shove two more pictures of an identical airframe and copypasta avionics capabilities in there), in comparison to the F-18 (C/D, E/F, or even G?), whats its source? 

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »
Although honestly, there's not a whole lot you can do to make a country pay up, especially one as big as the USA.

They don't have to do anything at all, they can just sit back and watch. US can only continue buying it's own debt for so long, they have to do that because no one else wants to buy it, I haven't looked at figures lately but last year over 60% of bonds were being bought by your own Treasury, I think now it's near 70%.

Eventually the music will stop, and when it does interest rates will go up, interest on US Credit Card will go up and US will have a credit rating downgraded which will just add to the monetary problems. Once a nations debt reaches over 110% debt to GDP ratio it's a downward accelerating spiral which is nearly impossible to stop, taking the value of the US dollar with it before you have a Default and new financial crisis on a much bigger scale.

Supply a lot of food to China?  :lol

You must be thinking of North Korea. China has plenty of food in the stores. Same as cars,TVs,computers and all that fun stuff. Travel to the provinces sure you might find food shortages, but you'll find higher poverty levels and bigger food shortages in Philippines and that's a US Ally.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »
When the US debt reaches 110% it will be a prelude to wwIII.

Hold onto your butts, you have the money, we have the stealth, bombs and missiles. We can and will take everything you have, survival demands it. Human nature will make it so.

The future is about as bright as the leaders running this nation and others. :bhead
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."