Author Topic: Computer/Game specs  (Read 2112 times)

Offline numb1

• Copper Member
Re: Computer/Game specs
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 12:36:44 AM »
I was helping a friend of mine with building a computer. Like many he doesn't have a lot of "extra" cash laying around and so can't build the "bestest" computer. So we have to make compromises but then run into issues of "will this be enough to run the game well?". Knowing while making these compromises it will also hurt to longevity of the computer to keep up as well.

So we were hunting around looking for what works, and what people are having trouble with. How well does this computer set up play as compared to that and so on. Are laptop videos card FINALLY getting to the point you can run the game with some eye candy and still have a good frame rate and so on.

So I thought I would start this thread with the hope that people can post what they have, how it is setup in the game, and what kind of FR/eye candy game experience they get with it. I'm not looking for a "My rig is better than yours" type of thread, but a listing people can use to compare and make a decision on which compromises they can live with and have an idea of the FR/eye candy game experience they might be able to expect from a "not so super computer".

My computer,

ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
8 gig ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Game settings,

Texture size is 1024
Everything "on" except "shadows on others" and "ground clutter"
Detail slider set to "detail"
Shadows set to 512
Environmental slider to about half way

Game experience,

Solid 60 FPS in both furballs and on ground.
The 3770k is not 8 CPUs..Its 4 cores with hyperthreading..
I5-3570k,Asus Sabertooth,Corsair H100i,Corsair AX850,Two His IceQX2 7950 boost cards in crossfire,Cooler master Storm Stryker case,Western Digital 1tb HD,Intel 180gb SSD,Qnix 27in 1440p PLS OCed to 120hz monitor

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 07:36:38 AM »
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Motherboard: Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3
Video Card: XFX AMD Radeon 6950 DoubleD 2GB

the only game that gives me any grief at all is ah but i can run at 59-60fps 90% of the time. this is my graphics settings using 1024 textures and the hires pack.

(Image removed from quote.)

Didn't realize the detail slider was that much of a CPU hog.  I turned it down to about where yours is and the game is much smoother.
Thanks  :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 01:50:55 PM »
My sig has my specs.

Just a note.
Aces High is a rather older game. If you think a super duper high end machine is gonna make you a better hit monster, re-think it, it will not. You will be able to get better eye candy settings for sure, but the internet itself is the limiting factor. Between your ping time, the games client prediction, the games lag compensation, these are the factors that deal with the real time aspect of the game. These items you cannot control.

I'm not saying do not get a new machine, just do not think a high end machine will improve your game play. It will certainly help with game immersion tho. There is something to be said for a bigger and better display.

1 thing I have done lately is to turn off V sync in video card profile for the game. Then using EVGA precision, I cap FPS at 120. I leave V sync enabled with AH settings. My monitor has a 60MHz refresh. I do not really understand why, but the game is a little better in a high player area.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:10:30 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »

I get a pretty solid 60 FPS no matter what's going on in MA, SEA, WWI, where-ever.

PC specs:  http://kenshelby.us/docs/pc-parts.htm

Aces High settings:

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 05:54:34 PM »
using a 2500k cpu with sli evga 465 on 3 23in monitors

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.