Author Topic: 2 sides  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: 2 sides
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
Well yesterday I was reminded why we have side switching times of 12 hours. We upped about 20 F40s and I was watching the base we were going to attack, which was next to a friendly V-Base. The Dar started growing over the enemy base right when the dar was growing from our own mission. Watching the Nit population right at about the time we lifted off ; It grew by about 20 immediately. Then a horde of enemy fighters, 109K4s and 190s, met us 1/2 to the target having about 10,000' on us. None of us made it to target. I got disgusted and bailed myself and then logged off. All of a sudden doing drywall work seemed more interesting.

We made a mistake and discussed the target on Vox prior to taking off. Not that it would have mattered if we hadnt.

I realize many of you want the switch times changed and have no intention of pulling Lame stunts to ruin a mission but I also remember when it was one hour it was much worse. And yes dar bar plays a role in detecting missions but I specifically watch these targets we are going to attack, targets with absolutely nothing happening near them, and theres always a few bone heads you could set your clock to who feel the need to listen in or other wise cheat and ruin a mission we work hard to put together.

So keep it at 12 hours, sorry to the honorable players. Like me Im sure you dont understand why anyone would pull a Lame one like what Im talking about. Ive just seen all this to many times. Last night was one of ETs Historical missions that I like so much.

JG11 was operating in the air space that you planned your mission to go to.  We saw that sudden dar bar 2 sectors away.  We thought it might be a buff strike so we put ourselves in a position
to intercept.  There were certainly fewer Knights than you had Rooks as the intercept occurred.  I don't think you were spy'd on, I don't think folks jumped sides to thwart your mission.  You were met by a determined, co-ordinated group looking for some fun.  So your response was to bail.  Outstanding sir, well done, that's great gameplay right there, congratulations.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »
Well yesterday I was reminded why we have side switching times of 12 hours. We upped about 20 F40s and I was watching the base we were going to attack, which was next to a friendly V-Base. The Dar started growing over the enemy base right when the dar was growing from our own mission. Watching the Nit population right at about the time we lifted off ; It grew by about 20 immediately. Then a horde of enemy fighters, 109K4s and 190s, met us 1/2 to the target having about 10,000' on us. None of us made it to target. I got disgusted and bailed myself and then logged off. All of a sudden doing drywall work seemed more interesting.

We made a mistake and discussed the target on Vox prior to taking off. Not that it would have mattered if we hadnt.

I realize many of you want the switch times changed and have no intention of pulling Lame stunts to ruin a mission but I also remember when it was one hour it was much worse. And yes dar bar plays a role in detecting missions but I specifically watch these targets we are going to attack, targets with absolutely nothing happening near them, and theres always a few bone heads you could set your clock to who feel the need to listen in or other wise cheat and ruin a mission we work hard to put together.

So keep it at 12 hours, sorry to the honorable players. Like me Im sure you dont understand why anyone would pull a Lame one like what Im talking about. Ive just seen all this to many times. Last night was one of ETs Historical missions that I like so much.
JG11 was operating in the air space that you planned your mission to go to.  We saw that sudden dar bar 2 sectors away.  We thought it might be a buff strike so we put ourselves in a position
to intercept.  There were certainly fewer Knights than you had Rooks as the intercept occurred.  I don't think you were spy'd on, I don't think folks jumped sides to thwart your mission.  You were met by a determined, co-ordinated group looking for some fun.  So your response was to bail.  Outstanding sir, well done, that's great gameplay right there, congratulations.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
I miss this sort of stuff

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »

bishops had a large mission yesterday two over 20 airplanes, but some dweebs had the great idea of driver tanks to the strats, the bishop mission flew right over them without being detected.  we had alt on the bishops we kicked their butts twice.

semop
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 04:20:20 PM »

Some of us/squads do up in anticipation of large missions, it's the best way to intercept a mission early or put a cap up to catch Buffs. I know it's easier to put on foil hats and cry spy than admit someone may have tactically done the smart thing or got lucky.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
While I appreciate ET's attempts at running missions, he really doesn't. I have been in the area of a few of his missions and all they are is another horde pointed in a single direction. JG11 is a great squad and I have had the pleasure to wing with them a number of times. They are VERY squad orientated and try very hard to really immerse them selves into the game play. Watching dar and planning intercepts are all part and parcel of that.

While ET does get people together, he rarely runs a mission. Of the time I've along he points out a few turns and then has everyone flatten a base and try to cap it so the troops get in. Missions are when you have high alt buffs with even higher alt fighter cover timed to arrive at a target after either a fighter sweep has drawn off the defensive cover, or just as the defensive cover is dragged to the deck.

Buffs should have assigned targets, clean up guys should be assigned just in case a target is missed. Goons/M3's should have cover so your not always losing them just when you need them most. Goons should lift and take the long way to targets and not fly in predictable strait lines from one base to another.

The problem is when flying high cover you can't run off and chase guys through the ack, you have a job to do and may never fire a shot. Flying the long way around is boring. This kind of flying just isn't for many players.

Having two sides wouldn't get rid of the spies any more than changing the side switch time to 12 hours does. Nor would it help even up the sides and make better game play. The only thing that will make better game play is the player start playing better. Either voluntarily, or but new rules instated by HTC. 

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »

I am a 190 Driver of JG 11 and got 4 of your P-40's that run.... Not to brag, just saying that JG 11 was actually attacking another base one sector north of the big fight when all of a sudden a large DAR BAR showed. So we all started chatting "MASSIVE BUFF RUN" we all set up to hit you WEST of the V-base. I typed a warning on country channel MASSIVE BUFF RUN SOUTH! We were going to ruin someones DAY!

When the first intercept called out P-40's! I said "WHAT" Who the F launches a P-40 mission?
So I flew to tail end charlie and made a run through the formation unloading taters as I went by. It was fun, for me, but was not a spy. I assure you that we had NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR MISSION. Sorry you bailed as it turned into a fun FURBALL with P-51's joining your side making it very interesting at times.

Thanks

Ditto  JG/11
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 07:20:14 PM »
And this, Gentlemen, is a prime example how the majority of "spiez!" stories come into existence.

Two raids running into another... NOE mission flying unknowingly through a non detected hostile CV DAR... bombers dragging enemy fighters over own CV which is naturally being bombed 20 minutes later (at that point seemingly without 'reason'), goons flying always along the same "totally improbable" rout (hey, after several years you have seen most 'tricks' many times before)... and so on.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »
And this, Gentlemen, is a prime example how the majority of "spiez!" stories come into existence.

Two raids running into another... NOE mission flying unknowingly through a non detected hostile CV DAR... bombers dragging enemy fighters over own CV which is naturally being bombed 20 minutes later (at that point seemingly without 'reason'), goons flying always along the same "totally improbable" rout (hey, after several years you have seen most 'tricks' many times before)... and so on.

Un-POSSIBLE!
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.