Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 16376 times)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »
How the hell is a 152 a crutch? Ever fly one down low in a crowd?

Idiotic statement.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2013, 09:58:51 PM »
The idiotic statements come from the usual players who endlessly acuse others of "crutch rides" when they fly P-51Ds, N1K2s, Doras, LA-7s, Bf 109K-4s and assorted perk rides pretending they are "fighting the good fight against the odds" when they almost ALL fly 1944-45 rides in one form or another!  :rofl .So spare me.

Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2013, 10:39:18 PM »
152 is far from a crutch. In fact if you want to do anything other than boom and zoom the 152 can be a hindrance.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline DocDoom

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~docdoom
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2013, 10:51:45 PM »
Ok. so I made the Yak-9U work for me when it appeared almost no one else was using it, back before there was a Yak-3 and when it was a joy to do well in the 9. I guess from what I'm reading here the Yak-3 will be even better but I'll be a weenie dweeb for using it.

Like I would care, really.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2013, 11:17:49 PM »
152 is far from a crutch. In fact if you want to do anything other than boom and zoom the 152 can be a hindrance.
:rofl

If the Yak-3 is a crutch, so is the Ta152.  You're deluding yourself because it feels good to think you're not using a crutch and others are.  That or you're falling prey to AH's political correctness crowd in which certain aircraft are deemed skilled and others are deemed noobish without consideration of their capabilities but rather based on the players that use them.

Is it the most supportive crutch?  No, but it is definitely a crutch.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2013, 12:44:40 AM »
The idiotic statements come from the usual players who endlessly acuse others of "crutch rides" when they fly P-51Ds, N1K2s, Doras, LA-7s, Bf 109K-4s and assorted perk rides pretending they are "fighting the good fight against the odds" when they almost ALL fly 1944-45 rides in one form or another!  :rofl .So spare me.

Ya, add the K4 to that list because its such an easy weapons platform to shoot from.  The rest of your list is accurate.  You can put just about any plane in the set in there except the Q...crutch rides are almost always about HOW people fly the endless stream of fast, faster, fastest cannon platforms. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #261 on: November 29, 2013, 01:28:45 AM »
:rofl

If the Yak-3 is a crutch, so is the Ta152.  You're deluding yourself because it feels good to think you're not using a crutch and others are.  That or you're falling prey to AH's political correctness crowd in which certain aircraft are deemed skilled and others are deemed noobish without consideration of their capabilities but rather based on the players that use them.

Is it the most supportive crutch?  No, but it is definitely a crutch.

I did not mention the Yak-3 or any plane other then the 152. I did not claim any plane was a crutch.

If I am "falling prey to AH's political correctness crowd" then you are as well.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #262 on: November 29, 2013, 03:42:37 AM »

Offline DocDoom

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~docdoom
« Reply #263 on: November 29, 2013, 07:44:13 AM »
It's pretty hard to get analytical assessments when 99% of replies seem to be calling people names for how and what they fly, isn't it ? I guess I'll make my own summaries from now on.  :bhead

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2013, 07:50:30 AM »
Doc, I'd say TGG93 pretty much hit it on the head, The 9U has better speed and dive, the 3 better everything else. Which you pick is down to your flying style really. Also the 9T also now has the option of a 20mm cannon rather than the 37mm.

Crutch ride = any ride better than mine.....

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2013, 08:56:09 AM »
The yak really isn't that great of a plane... I encourage any and everyone to fly it, so that I can get more kills

thx,

Violator :devil
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2013, 09:03:41 AM »
Having flown in and against the Yak3 I will say that it's a competitive ride in the LW arena, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the LA7/Runstang/Spit.

Before I quit flying I agree with this - it might be a competitive ride but unless you hit something with it you will probably be out of bullets before gas in 3 seconds or less.
Great aircraft though, its addition to aces high was long overdue, reminds me of when other "noob/horde/manifestation" rides were added in Aces High..

/If anyone goes back far enough, remember when C-hog was the only aircraft flown for a tour? imagine being ho'd by that thing all day long? think it was shortly before the N1K came out and everyone flew it etc
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
/If anyone goes back far enough, remember when C-hog was the only aircraft flown for a tour? imagine being ho'd by that thing all day long? think it was shortly before the N1K came out and everyone flew it etc
The N1K2-J was one of the original aircraft in the game when AH went live.  It was the Japanese airplane of the original set.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »

Warroc - I wasn't accusing anyone's ride of being a crutch....if you go back in the thread you will see I didn't even state the Yak3 was one...I took acception to the idea the 152 is a crutch. I apologize, however, for using the term "idiotic" for your statement...it was the bottle of Thanksgiving wine speaking!  :old:

The 152 when flown in any way (other than BnZ) is hardly a crutch.  Yes, she has a great gun package...but she also a total b1tch when slow.  She has great rudder authority...maybe better than the Hog...but if you use it too much she will bite you and flip on her back in a nearly unrecoverable flat spin / stall at the drop of a hat. Try disengaging from a low furball when in one...she's no K4....you will find she accelerates like a 80-year old with a walker.

Yep..late war bird...but far from a world beater like the LaLa or K4.  I'm not pretending she a 109e, p39 or P40....but the 152 is far from a uber ride is all I'm saying.

Fyi - I just realized some of the statements in my first paragraph could have other connotations....these are entirely accidental.   :D  :aok
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2013, 11:07:42 AM »
The 152 when flown in any way (other than BnZ) is hardly a crutch.  Yes, she has a great gun package...but she also a total b1tch when slow.  She has great rudder authority...maybe better than the Hog...but if you use it too much she will bite you and flip on her back in a nearly unrecoverable flat spin / stall at the drop of a hat. Try disengaging from a low furball when in one...she's no K4....you will find she accelerates like a 80-year old with a walker.

Yep..late war bird...but far from a world beater like the LaLa or K4.  I'm not pretending she a 109e, p39 or P40....but the 152 is far from a uber ride is all I'm saying.

Well said.