Author Topic: Nitville rant thread  (Read 11727 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Nitville rant thread
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »
:lol

I logged on for an hour last night and watched 2 full dar bars (I repeat) TWO FULL DAR BARS of Knights at V84 unable to capture it.

How many Knights does it take to capture a base?..........I'll have to get back to you on that.   

I am not sure.  How many darbars were there again?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »
Not really concerned with the furballers until they buzz your hidden M3 or C47 at 50 feet multiple times to get the enemy plane off thier six.

The best thing to do when you see huge dar bars and you want to take a base is to go somewhere else.......unless you are like me and capture bases because of thier strategic importance such as a 3.7k field elevation or a prime location to spawn tanks for enemy strats.

If you happen to want a base where there is a huge furball, the huge population there is both a benefit and a detriment to your capture attempt.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2013, 04:14:46 PM »
Nits can furball all by themselves!  :old:

When I furball alone.....  I prefer to be by myself.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
I am not sure.  How many darbars were there again?
Two.....2 full dar bars. That comes out to 7.3 nits per hanger.  :uhoh
Lighten up Francis

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »

How many Knights does it take to capture a base?..........I'll have to get back to you on that.  

Excerpt from "An Adventure in Nitland."

(Range Channel)

Knit Base Taker (KBT): "I'm in an M3 by town. Just need it deacked."

Rest of Knits (RoK): "Just one ack left on field." "Got it!" "Field deacked!"

KBT: "Town is white-flagged.  Just two acks up."

RoK: "Upper runway!" "Hahaha, I rocket vulched him!"

KBT: "I have an M3 in town. Town is popping, though."

RoK: "Upper in hanger!" "Got him!" "Dang, another assist."

KBT: "We have two full dar bars here, did anyone bring bombs?"

RoK: [Silence]

KBT: "Town flag is red now."

RoK: "Two Yaks and a Spit up." "I'm in!" "I'm in!" "Mine!" "I'm in!"

KBT: "Ack got my M3. Going Rook. Cya."

:)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:23:01 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2013, 06:29:58 PM »
You say this based off of what? I'd say if you look me up from tour to tour, there is a very steady progression. I've been here 10 months...

I based it off what you posted. You were ridiculing players for trying to be good at the game. If your NOT trying to be good, or get better it just seems to me that your wasting your time and money. Most people try to do well at what ever they do. I don't think anyone should be ridiculed for that.

While I don't have time to volunteer at our local Veterans Admin/Hospital I certainly wouldn't ridicule you for doing so.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »
I based it off what you posted. You were ridiculing players for trying to be good at the game. If your NOT trying to be good, or get better it just seems to me that your wasting your time and money. Most people try to do well at what ever they do. I don't think anyone should be ridiculed for that.

While I don't have time to volunteer at our local Veterans Admin/Hospital I certainly wouldn't ridicule you for doing so.

You have to go back further to get the full context of what's being discussed:

Coordination gets in the way of their scoretard, altfairy, basevulching, gangtard, sense of self.  Hence the Muppets went Rook.

Isn't Fester a Muppet?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2013, 03:24:34 AM »
Same battle cry sir.  Argue about the game, keep it in game.  RL has nothing to do with your prior statement yet you go there.  I can't make it any more plain for ya.

My prior statement about what exactly? Did you not notice the part where I said Knights have sense of self/individuality? My prior statement was about the game. You brought in the other issue. You're attempt to belittle me because Fester is a top 20 player in the game, therefore HE GETS A PASS is better than laughable, it's hilarious. So being good at this game means one can be a total DH,  hmmm entitled background much? One has almost zero to do with the other, and that's your defense??? And then you say that braggart Bogarts in this game are  not to be ridiculed or targeted for their outlandishness. I say quite the contrary. As Bustr has said many times, but apparently your thick skull doensn't get, I'll put it plainer for you; being self-impressed is all the impressing you're getting done with ridicule. Your saying I was out maneuvered to your reply/response was: Fester is better than me. What's quite hilarious is that is obviously not the case, ppl in my eyes are better for having integrity, morals, and honor. Period. Oh and yeah Period.

I will attempt to let you have the last word. Up until this point my interaction with you has been fairly amicable I thought. I've got no personal beef with you, but if you condone the points I've argued against, I guess we just don't see eye to eye.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:50:22 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2013, 03:38:33 AM »

I think you've taken what I mean to say in the wrong way. To be more precise; I don't have any problems with anyone trying to be good at a game, or much less anything they aspire to do; as long as it isn't evil. What I do think is childish, stupid, a waste of time, and goes on a lot around here is what Bustr has stated numerous times: the whole my dog, my dad, my plane...will beat you/your yada yada. Additionally, the ego that gets attached to it, and the (silent) condoning of ridicule of lesser skilled players is rampant in the text buffers. How often are we losing new members or even older players to being told to go play with their barbies and the other crap rhetoric that serves to inflate one person's ego and belittle another's.

The inference and easily assumed interpretation from a lot of what has been directed at me (lately it seems) is that players with great skill at AH can act however they want and we should all bow and accept. While the less skilled should take the mocking of them silently and at no point shall we highlight their artificially inflated egos, not to mention point out that this stuff does not fly in the real world.

Not sure why anyone would criticize my volunteering at the VA.

:salute

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:52:23 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2013, 05:51:43 AM »
I lost track of what was the thread about  :headscratch:

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2013, 06:10:03 AM »

(Range Channel)

KBT: "Ack got my M3. Going Rook. Cya."

:rofl     :rofl     :rofl

But in defense of Nit philosophy, successful completion of a base capture attempt just ruins a good fight :)
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2013, 07:29:13 AM »

(Range Channel)

KBT: "Ack got my M3. Going _______. Cya."

I recall a similar conversation on Bish channel, a time or two.  :devil

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2013, 10:05:55 AM »
I think you've taken what I mean to say in the wrong way. To be more precise; I don't have any problems with anyone trying to be good at a game, or much less anything they aspire to do; as long as it isn't evil. What I do think is childish, stupid, a waste of time, and goes on a lot around here is what Bustr has stated numerous times: the whole my dog, my dad, my plane...will beat you/your yada yada. Additionally, the ego that gets attached to it, and the (silent) condoning of ridicule of lesser skilled players is rampant in the text buffers. How often are we losing new members or even older players to being told to go play with their barbies and the other crap rhetoric that serves to inflate one person's ego and belittle another's.

The inference and easily assumed interpretation from a lot of what has been directed at me (lately it seems) is that players with great skill at AH can act however they want and we should all bow and accept. While the less skilled should take the mocking of them silently and at no point shall we highlight their artificially inflated egos, not to mention point out that this stuff does not fly in the real world.

Not sure why anyone would criticize my volunteering at the VA.

:salute

I agree it has gotten out of hand in the game. There has always been "smack talk" in any type of competition. I don't think anyone should get a free pass for stepping over the line, but the smack talk is part of this game as it is in any game. Bragging about how good you are at this game is part of that.

You would think with the number of grown men we have playing that it could be easily controllable, but I fear that they are worst than the kids more often than not.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2013, 10:23:37 AM »
You would think with the number of grown men we have playing that it could be easily controllable, but I fear that they are worst than the kids more often than not.

Hey..... I resemble that remark!  :furious

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »
Not really concerned with the furballers until they buzz your hidden M3 or C47 at 50 feet multiple times to get the enemy plane off thier six.

If its got a red icon attached to it. It needs to die
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty