Author Topic: Squadrons Wanted  (Read 712 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Squadrons Wanted
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »
It has been brought to my attention on many levels that the game itself is becoming "less" enjoyable for some, therefore leading to the urge to join a squad. But, what makes flying with a squad so fun? My answer to this, theoretically speaking of course:  being able to fly with people you enjoy flying with, not having to fly into a sea of red alone with worries of if the greenies in range will help you if needed, creating a bond with a group of guys ( or gals [Flossy, Peppr, Betty, etc etc] ) that could carry into the real world. . .I stated those reasons because those were some of the reasons I joined a squad or created a squad even.

With that all being said, why not make the game a little more enjoyable whilst flying with your squadron. My solution? Join the Squad Dueling League (SDL). I have talked to a few Squadron Commanders about joining the SDL and as of right now we have 4 active squadrons who are willing to participate. But you know what they say, the more the merrier. The more squadrons to join in the SDL the more fun produced from the League itself. I for one know the game isn't anywhere how it used to be and I genuinely believe that with re-opening SDL it will bring increase the enjoyment level if not encourage more pilots to join a squad once they see how much fun we are having.

Sure squads have FSO, but FSO is long and drawn out. It could be fun, but a good ole' fashion 6 v 6 would definitely get your blood pumping with excitement.

If you have any interest in joining the SDL please contact myself (as I am attempting to get the SDL back up and running).

Things to remember :
  • It is for fun, sure bragging rights of being the "best" squad in AHII would be awesome but the ultimate goal is to have fun.
  • You can't lose anything in joining, except maybe some boredom
  • You are required to have 6 members (at least) in your squad in order to participate

For more information private message me or comment below and I will get your question answered and if I can't I will definitely find an answer

:salute
Top Gun

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Squadrons Wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 02:10:09 PM »
How will matches be officiated?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:38:12 PM »
I'm guessing Bruv will run it again?  Just a guess. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »

By a CM of some sort or by a referee

:salute
Top Gun

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:14:26 PM »
I'm guessing Bruv will run it again?  Just a guess. 

No, he has nothing to do with it yet.
Top Gun

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »

I've opened up the dueling o'club forum, 

I foresee each match having a Host or impartial observer from 1 of the 2 teams.   

Every squadron involved will have 1 representative at the Round table and any decisions voted upon. 
The Few ***
F.P.H