Author Topic: What Ever Happened to NOE??  (Read 3209 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: What Ever Happened to NOE??
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2013, 07:33:55 PM »
You asked for a litteral slapping tank ace, you got one. 

:aok
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2013, 01:28:38 AM »
I got no slap, Bab, all I see is Bustr building up his strawman.

The reality of things are that NOE over land is difficult for anyone now. However, it's not impossible. If people fail to take the time to plan their route, not only will they fail, but they deserve to.

It's not something you need years to learn. It literally requires knowing how to read the maps, and the radar altitudes. That takes minutes. Add a few weeks to be able to keep your plane steady, and you can fly NOE to most places, even if not everywhere.

The only valid point Bustr has its that it's now impractical to fly HORDES noe, which is inarguably a good thing. I don't know if Bustr truly believes the image he is portraying, or if he is bending history for his own purpose. Either way, he is wrong on the hordes; it was a crappy time for 66% of the players, those being on the receiving end of the country that happened to be hording at the moment.

And besides that, his notion that hordes are necessary for noobs to have fun is patently untrue. Yesterday, I ran a string of missions, and we rolled 6 bases. All of them had noobs (that I helped to be useful), and ended up drawing most of the rooks. Any noobs could have jumped in, and been part of organized action, had fun, and learn something.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2013, 05:20:43 AM »
Flew 10 sectors noe over hilly terrain to drop HQ..........and RTB for safe landing.
Did you enter a shallow dive to chase it down over several sectors?  :cool:
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2013, 10:06:33 AM »
I went NOE for the first time in probably a year or more. Ran smack dab straight into a cv. Didn't go well.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
Did you enter a shallow dive to chase it down over several sectors?  :cool:

You couldn't fly noe for 5 sectors over hilly terrain, take down HQ, and fly noe 5 more sectors to RTB without crashing or popping a dar bar.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:19:26 AM by icepac »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2013, 12:35:12 PM »
But you can?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »
Yes......at least 5 times per tour......sometimes 10.

If you count all of the attempts where I downed HQ but got shot down on the way home, double the figures above.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2013, 07:13:49 PM »
I'm assuming you avoid radar, and fly fairly slow. Darbar alt, I could see. But if your saying you fly full speed with a set of bombers below 65 ft over land for 5 sectors, I call BS.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »
It's below 200 feet unless I pass through a dar ring....then it's below 60 feet and flying between groups of trees since only the center plane of a formation generates a dar bar or dot.

I pop up and climb to about 2800 feet over the HQ which usually puts me near 210mph which I maintain for the final calibration before the drop.

I've downed all 3 country hq while surviving to land back at base during a single day on the compello map.

I used to only salvo 13 to drop the hq so I could come back to kill M3s resupplying the HQ on that map.

Next time you're on and I announce downing a HQ, send me an attachment as gunner request and I will gladly fly so you can kill c47s resupplying hq with the front gun.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:02:27 PM by icepac »

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »
I wish I had the time you did.  :lol

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »
Ok, much more reasonable. I'd gladly take you up on that,  what country do you typically fly for?

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2013, 01:37:59 AM »
NOE will set you free.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2013, 01:50:37 AM »
Ok, much more reasonable. I'd gladly take you up on that,  what country do you typically fly for?
he's a dirty rook :old:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2013, 03:05:03 AM »
NOE all for me!  
Hunting NOE's was always a blast... sometimes I was the bug....well usually I was the bug... but it was still fun.

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2013, 03:59:09 AM »
You couldn't fly noe for 5 sectors over hilly terrain, take down HQ, and fly noe 5 more sectors to RTB without crashing or popping a dar bar.
lol You have no idea what im capable of, been there got the tee shirt that's says Knightlandia Electric co "We turn out the lights" I like to let em know IM coming tho I need to practice bomber guns.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep