Author Topic: Downloaded half a dozen offline missions, can't run them...  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Downloaded half a dozen offline missions, can't run them...
« on: August 01, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »
I saw the link to HTC's missions download page. I took the top most (most recent?) half dozen or so but I cannot run any of them when offline. They never show up in the staged missions drop box. I have followed the readme instructions for installation, and followed HTC's instructions for how to launch the missions, but the staged mission drop boxes are always empty.

Are they all just that out of date, or am I missing something?

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Downloaded half a dozen offline missions, can't run them...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 12:42:47 AM »
I saw the link to HTC's missions download page. I took the top most (most recent?) half dozen or so but I cannot run any of them when offline. They never show up in the staged missions drop box. I have followed the readme instructions for installation, and followed HTC's instructions for how to launch the missions, but the staged mission drop boxes are always empty.

Are they all just that out of date, or am I missing something?

Because they're older than dirt.... Pffffft, heck they make dirt look young...

In the last year or so, offline missions in a nutshell are now staged missions... and staged missions can be run offline with a large handful of set-backs "lace of warping and routing mechanics"...

Long story short, better off playing staged missions online in custom arenas, or build a "simple" mission for offline use "what I mean by simple is a fly there, fight, and that's it"
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:36:05 AM »
Stage missions don't work for me either. And neither does custom arena.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »
I made a movie showing one example of success using one of my favorite, old missions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPvnYIQGWKM

I hope this helps.
 :salute

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 09:08:06 AM »
Try printing out the pdf I posted in the bombing mission post in the staged mission forum and follow those instructions.  Let me know what you get and I will try to help.  Note that the missions should down load to C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\missres which is the default installation for Aces High.  Check that folder and see what you have listed.  For my missions that all start with smfld, make sure you have the ndisles terrain selected at the first Aces High screen.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:09:45 AM by mustng2 »

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »
Try printing out the pdf I posted in the bombing mission post in the staged mission forum and follow those instructions.  Let me know what you get and I will try to help.  Note that the missions should down load to C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\missres which is the default installation for Aces High.  Check that folder and see what you have listed.  For my missions that all start with smfld, make sure you have the ndisles terrain selected at the first Aces High screen.

Hope you realize they're talking about the implementing "old" missions from the old format, and not new stuff right?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 08:47:44 AM »
I probably should have, but no, I thought they were saying they could not get any to work.  As we can tell by the number of posts on the 2 staged mission forums, this appears to be a highly under utilized resource.  The only reason I wrote the missions I posted was because I couldn't find them elsewhere.  The simple missions as you said, get there quick and shoot or bomb, are the best practice.  My dive bombing in particular improved greatly using those.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 12:32:22 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to mustng2 for his mission efforts. When I try to make simple missions they often don't work and I can't tell if its a problem with the mission editor or if I am missing something. So I appreciate anyone who follows through with a mission and a mission description.
Pies not kicks.