Author Topic: $1.08/Hour and Rising  (Read 9357 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Re: $1.08/Hour and Rising
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »

*he111 Has sad face pilots? How insulting, plane did well enough in other fronts, no bomber survives enemy fighters.

18% of America is German-Americans, largest ethinic group in whole country.
On behalf of all of them I say, booo!    :frown:

First off, love the line about the sad faced HE111 pilots. Nice touch.

Second, that bit about german being the largest ethnicity in america is a myth.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »
I am a mixture of Finnish, English, German, French and Native American.  My last name is Finnish.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
Wikipedia 2000 usa census, then scroll down, see 13%, used to say 18, but click the 'german american' link and yes it used to say.
And by the way, at the time of the war it was 23%.

Sources are available. Most are in and arround the center, lots in north center, of america.

fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2013, 10:41:27 PM »
Wikipedia 2000 usa census, then scroll down, see 13%, used to say 18, but click the 'german american' link and yes it used to say.

Sources are available. Most are in and arround the center, lots in north center, of america.

I m confused. What does that have to do with anything?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »

That's because the usa census relies on self reporting. And most white americans aren't very aware of their ancestry, so if somebody had an irish or german great grampa they'll check the irish or german box. Hell my sister in her 40s thought our last name was german. More than a few americans who have obvious british last names have tried to tell me that their name is german. America was a british colony, according to the us census up until the 60's the most common ancestry reported by white americans was english. Somehow that changed to german and irish so either there was a mass migration from west germany after the 50s or white americans are filling out the census wrong. Another factor; in the white american psyche, british colonist aren't thought of as ethnics, so when the question of ethnicity comes up, they read that as "besides english/american".
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2013, 01:05:29 AM »
This explains it better, it's probably from the same wikipedia page.

U.S. Census Bureau statistics depend entirely on self-reported ancestry.[43] An analysis of census forms in 1980 and 1990 suggests that self-reported ancestry was influenced by the order of choices listed on the form. In 1980, 'English' was near the top of the list and was chosen by 49.6 million people; in 1990 it was less prominent and was chosen by only 32.7m respondents. 'German' and 'Italian' were higher on the list in 1990 than in 1980, and the number choosing them increased by 20 per cent.[44]
Many citizens listed themselves as "American" on the census (7.2%). They are generally assumed to be of predominantly English stock though some are likely to be people of several other different European ethnicities who are unable or unwilling to choose one. Many people who trace their ancestry to the colonial period or the early days of the Republic consider themselves to be of "American" ancestry. It is estimated that 53 percent of White Americans are the descendants of colonial ancestors. In the late 18th century, 85 percent of White Americans were of British Isles ancestry, 9 percent were German, and 3 or 4 percent were of Dutch origin.[44]
The census is based upon questionnaires and have been compiled from answers given by a sample group. Therefore the answers given will reflect what the individual knows about their ancestry. Many U.S. citizens do not know their ancestry entirely; partly for that reason, a large proportion simply call themselves "American" ancestry (not including American Indians) or know that a part of their ancestry is Irish or at least has an Irish name and will therefore say 'Irish' as their ancestry, when in fact most of their ancestry is English.
An analysis of Census information and immigration records would suggest that 62 percent of White Americans today are of British Isles descent, and a total of 86 percent are of Northwestern European origins. Approximately 14 percent of U.S. whites are of southern and eastern European ancestry.[44]

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2013, 01:24:22 AM »
I'd always heard that too, that german was the biggest ethnic group in the usa. Yet for some reason, wherever I went in the US few of my white coworkers, servicemen, classmates had german family names, the majority had anglo family names. That nagged at me, so I looked into it. Think about it, how many of your white coworkers have german surnames vs anglo names?

And before you go there. The vast majority of german immigrants did not anglocize their names. ie. Braun to Brown, Schmidt to Smith. I'm not saying it didn't happen, it did.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2013, 02:42:01 AM »
German Americans are 18% and it means 'mostly of german decent' but different areas of the country have more of some peoples than others.
Eisenhower was a German American, from Wikipedia "Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe" during ww2. <---- Churchill's boss.
And where you come off with 'we don't know our ancestory' is kinda insulting!

Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower (pronounced /ˈaɪzənhaʊər/, EYE-zən-how-ər; October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969) was the 34th President of the United States from 1953 until 1961. He had previously been a five-star general in the United States Army during World War II and served as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe; he had responsibility for planning and supervising the invasion of North Africa in Operation Torch in 1942–43 and the successful invasion of France and Germany in 1944–45 from the Western Front. In 1951, he became the first supreme commander of NATO.[2]

USA beat England in a war by the way.
Wonder how many English were on USA's side though.

check our presidents, Washington is on the $1 bill, he led the charge.
Hamilton was an officer under Washington, he's on the $10 bill.
Jefferson too, officer under Washington, LOL, $2 bill.
Andrew Jackson, below, started his career by not cleaning a British Officers boots, lol, he's on the $20 bill. <--- usa ww2 tank named after him also HAHA

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:22:42 AM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2013, 03:22:37 AM »
 :huh

Not sure where you got the idea that Jefferson was an 'officer under Washington' (neither name German, btw) nor does it seem you're going anywhere worthwhile with the point you're struggling with. My ancestry is Scottish, Irish, English, German and Cherokee. If I'd lived during that census period, which one would/should I have put down (ptp)?

Well, when you're done trying to prove that the United States should have helped the Nazis invade Britain, let me know.  :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:24:18 AM by Arlo »

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2013, 03:36:11 AM »
Oh and there is a whole USA Political Party, the 'tea party'...
"the boston tea party" is what set off the war with England, throwing tea into the harbor, and soon kicking their flag off the continent.
Taxed Enough Already party <--- stems from England trying to claim ownership and tax USA.

Jefferson:
uh, ok, not a military officer maybe,
He was in an OFFICE of Washington's administration... wiki him!
1st United States Secretary of State
In office
March 22, 1790 – December 31, 1793

USA should have backed Germany? you said it, not me!
Well, USA broke away from England for them trying to tax USA...
Germany got colonies stole by England, and was getting taxed by England and France for ww1...
Go figure.

THIS IS ALL THE BIAS WHICH IS WHY THE GAME HAS BUGS THAT DON'T GET FIXED MAYBE?
I understand that the HTC's are busy, and some of you would rather have new planes, so do I, but they NEED to go back and ADRESS some ISSUES eventually.
I for one have been waiting for a long time!
And of course there are the Arlo's that would rather any bugs that affect German planes to stay forever!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:38:09 AM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2013, 03:41:27 AM »
"the boston tea party" is what set off the war with England, throwing tea into the harbor, and soon kicking their flag off the continent.
Taxed Enough Already party <--- stems from England trying to claim ownership and tax USA.

Jefferson:
uh, ok, not a military officer maybe,
He was in an OFFICE of Washington's administration... wiki him!
1st United States Secretary of State
In office
March 22, 1790 – December 31, 1793

USA should have backed Germany? you said it, not me!
Well, USA broke away from England for them trying to tax USA...
Germany got colonies stole by England, and was getting taxed by England and France for ww1...
Go figure.

THIS IS ALL THE BIAS WHICH IS WHY THE GAME HAS BUGS THAT DON'T GET FIXED MAYBE?
I understand that the HTC's are busy, and some of you would rather have new planes, so do I, but they NEED to go back and ADRESS some ISSUES eventually.
I for one have been waiting for a long time!
And of course there are the Arlo's that would rather any bugs that affect German planes to stay forever!

Imagine if everyones favourite ride would switch from pony to a nazi ride? I don't think the yanks could stomach it :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2013, 07:43:10 AM »
Check your history.

The Boston Tea Party happened when the British lowered the taxes on the tea imported by the East India Company to the point where the American businessmen who had been undercutting the tea prices of the East India Company, a state granted monopoly, in a black market economy.  This tax reduction was going to put them out of business.  State granted monopolies are a bad thing and taxation without representation is a bad thing, but the popular idea that the Boston Tea Party happened because taxes were raised is false.

Now, answer this, why do you hate the British so much?  The United States is, culturally, very much a daughter of the United Kingdom, as are Australia, Canada and New Zealand.  Our law is based on English Common Law and our sense of Liberty is very much the English sense of Liberty as opposed to the French sense of Liberty.  There is no German liberty philosophy at the time, the competition was between the British and French philosophies of liberty.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »
I don't hate Britain. And you need to check your history if you think USA mirrors England in any way.
Again, check out USA's money from the PICTURE above, most of those guys fought England.
Yeah, USA defeated the Imperialist trying to colonize the world, including Ireland, other European states and their already colonized colonies. USA has wars, but USA doesn't keep the place and then try to tax them.

It is obvious that you hate Germany with your 20,000 posts of anti-luft.
Like YOUR HATRED OF THE 177. IT WAS THE BEST OF PLANES, IT WAS JUST ON THE LOSING SIDE OF THE WAR BECAUSE OF AMERICA.

Did you get that LANCASTER GUN ARCH DIAGRAM YET? I still think it fires a bit lower than it should!

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2013, 08:58:11 AM »
Ok, explain away the Magna Carta.

"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2013, 08:58:22 AM »
... wiki him!

I see you finally did.

Thread hijack making up U.S. forefather backgrounds, complete with currency
images to suggest the U.S. struggle for Independence proves a record-setting
percentage of Aryan blood in the veins of citizens during the U.S. census prior
to WWII supports your dismay of how unfairly Luft-fans in AHII are being treated
and how that relates to what may or may not be an acceptable amount of play-time
in this community per day/week/month ... fail.

(The above run-on sentence closely resembles how you post about things, btw.)

:aok