Author Topic: Clouds  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Clouds
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 10:08:49 AM »
It might just be my vid card but I beleive there might be more to it than that.
But I have no clue about my computers specs. We had a really nice vid card and now we use a generic one.
But 54 dollars is way better than 500. I'll deffinatly be looking at getting a new when I get paid instead of getting beer :rofl
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
It might just be my vid card but I beleive there might be more to it than that.
But I have no clue about my computers specs. We had a really nice vid card and now we use a generic one.
But 54 dollars is way better than 500. I'll deffinatly be looking at getting a new when I get paid instead of getting beer :rofl

ebay is your friend. don't be afraid to buy a used one with a guarantee from the buyer, lots of guys upgrade and sell perfectly good used stuff on there for a fraction of new price. All the drivers are available to download, in case the card doesn't come with disks.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 11:23:28 AM »
Yeah, I've lost all respect for Latrobe for associating work MINNoWAR...
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »
Yeah, I've lost all respect for Latrobe for associating work MINNoWAR...
:huh
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »
Clouds are BS in this game.

They choke out FPS and create lag for most players...and add nothing to game play..its a total waste of packets.

If I had the choice of lagging for graphics it would NOT be for freakin stupid cloulds....mabey some BETTER MAPS WITH REAL TERRAIN AND NOT FAKE WATER OR FAKE RIVERS...SOME BRIDGES TO FLY UNDER...A TOWN TO FLY THROUGH...

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »
I've run with clouds (in the new cloud system) in about 20 special event runnings.  Out of the 500 or so players in them, I got 3-5 who said that they had significant frame-rate problems.  So, for whatever mix of clouds I was running, it didn't seem to significantly impact the vast majority of players.

The new clouds system has about a dozen different cloud types, so it is possible that particular types or particular mixes cause issues, but other types or other mixes do not.

I'm running "This Day in WWII:  Battle of Britain" tomorrow (runs at 3 pm Eastern and 8:30 pm Eastern in Special Events II in case anyone wants to give this fun event a shot).  I'll try out clouds there and see how it goes to see if the design I have in mind will work well for the upcoming Battle of Britain scenario (running 4 Saturdays in September, starting Sept 7, running at 3 pm Eastern).