Author Topic: Yuck!  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.4wing.obviousonline.com
Yuck!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2002, 03:06:00 PM »
My apologies for my temper in earlier threads. I suppose what I should have done, was send this quote over to Rude.

"I don't see anything "elite" about expressing my intense dislike for the zipper heads spewing "macros" (ask some of these new AW's who brought that bit of "culture" what that is all about) on channel 01 or some of the imbicilic name calling going on in the MA these days.
AH has always had the name calling, swearing and other baloney. Especially since we have a free two week trial. However since the <cough> influx it's gotten exponentially worse in there. The "chatter" resembles an AW "rr" arena more than anything else I've ever seen outside of one.

Westy "

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Yuck!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2002, 03:31:00 PM »
I'm not specifically trying to offend anyone Manxer. I just said my day was better if I had. Since you chose to be spokesperson for the group of people I'm talking about then you can feel free to take my insults and derogatory remakrs personaly. But after reading your two posts towards me and seeing you twist and change what I say I have a theory that reading comprehension isn't your strong point and this is all going right by you now. Or you are the troll just seeking a confrontational discussion for the sake of it.

"Not everyone who recently came over from AW are the types that you make them out to be."

Ah! Again. See that Manxer? There's your problem. I never ever said anything about "everyone who recently came over from AW."  I think you may have other "issues" with me based on my old opinion on dear ole'dead AW but you've used this topic as a simple excuse to snipe at me. Who were you in AW?

"I however have the right to think you're an idiot for doing that."

I'll lose sleep with that one. Well I'd listed you as an 'imbicile' so we're even there aren't we.

As for people being better at yanking a stick around on a desk top than me? Good God who gives a rats ass. Big deal. Being a good online combat "flyer" has never, ever amounted to any measure of quaility for a persons character.  You could shoot me down 100 straight times in row and I'd still think you were an ass.

As for the rest of your post I'm having a hard time following you out into that left field that you viered out into. Trolling? Bull. I've been here since day one starting three years ago and I don't need to troll. Bringing up the AW/AH rivalry online in the MA? I don't do that either.  Simply because there really never was an AW/AH rivalry as AW couldn't stand anywhere on the same level as AH. To top it off AH is here and AW is not.  I'm not hung up any supposed AH vs AW rivavlry than I am on one for AH vs WB's or even WWIIO.

Westy

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Yuck!
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2002, 03:40:00 PM »
To each there own. I have friend/squadies in both. I choose the CT for my taste, but would never slight a squadie for choosing the MA. Nor would they me for flying in the CT. In fact teeeRex who won "Dog of the Year" is always in the MA.  :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
Yuck!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2002, 03:46:00 PM »
I'm not specifically trying to offend anyone Manxer. I just said my day was better if I had. Since you chose to be spokesperson for the group of people I'm talking about then you can feel free to take my insults and derogatory remakrs personaly. But after reading your two posts towards me and seeing you twist and change what I say I have a theory that reading comprehension isn't your strong point and this is all going right by you now. Or you are the troll just seeking a confrontational discussion for the sake of it.

I didn't really see myself as twisting what you said in this or any other thread. You're slamming the former AW community that are trying to take part in this new one.

Ah! Again. See that Manxer? There's your problem. I never ever said anything about "everyone who recently came over from AW." I think you may have other "issues" with me based on my old opinion on dear ole'dead AW but you've used this topic as a simple excuse to snipe at me. Who were you in AW?

I was Manx in Airwarrior. Quite a few people know me, don't blame you a bit for not. Many of your posts imply that the Airwarrior community is diluting the Aces High community. It's the way you come across, if that's not your intent...perhaps you should take a creative writing course.

Oh my. I'll lose sleep with that one. Well I already had you listed under 'imbicile' so we're even there aren't we.

And I'll be losing as much sleep as you for that last comment.

As for the rest of your post I'm having a hard time following you out into that left field that you viered out into. Trolling? Bull. I've been here since day one starting three years ago and I don't need to troll. Bringing up the AW/AH rivalry online in the MA? I don't do that either. Simply because there really never was an AW/AH rivalry as AW couldn't stand anywhere on the same level as AH. To top it off AH is here and AW is not. I'm not hung up any supposed AH vs AW rivavlry than I am on one for AH vs WB's or even WWIIO.

I've been here since day one as well actually. I helped beta test Aces High, and have spent time on and off participating in the game. I'm glad to have come here full time, as it's a game with a great future. You don't have to defend the game to me as implied in your comment above. There are no rivals to Aces High. It's a best of breed. But, people like yourself...and unfortunatelly now, me tend to create an animosity that isn't completely honest. In your post you mentioned a particular Oldnz. If he was who you intended to slam, just go ahead and say it. By not stating who it was you were implying the rest of us were the same way. I've heard you two go at it like little girls fighting over a barbie in the arena, it's fortunate that there's a squelch command built in the game. It makes listening to you both much less irritating.

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
Yuck!
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2002, 03:50:00 PM »
I'd suggest that if you'd like to carry this discussion on we take it to my squads forum. Or if you would like to chat over any other medium it's fine by me. My website address is at 4 Wing Homepage. Feel free to stop by and we'll start a thread that dosen't ruin this anymore than we already have.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Yuck!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2002, 03:54:00 PM »
"I've heard you two go at it like little girls fighting over a barbie in the arena"

You're definatley either mistaking me for someone else you've seen in the MA or an outright lier. I've not named anyone specifically, alluded to one squd yes but they're not the only problem, and I've not had any exchange but four words with any of the Oldnz in the arena and that was on Sunday.

As for the rest of your post I'll comment on tommorow or tonight when I return. But you're in this rut and are completely ignoring or unable to understand I'm not slamming all of the AW immigrants to AH. I AM slamming a segment who've brought thier very vocal and visible show of idiocy to AH. Twist it them any way you want but my words hide no hidden meaning or intent.

Westy

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
Yuck!
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2002, 04:00:00 PM »
damn manx...making more friends i see.  roflmao.    :D

hurry up and get yourself into the ct mate...haven't gotten to kill/be killed by ya in a while.

oh, and by the way...just for the record...I was the macro king of aw.  hehe    :p

The Tuckster

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."
Col. Chuck Yeager, USAAF

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
Yuck!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2002, 05:16:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to trying it out Tuck. Had a great time in there a while back, and am just waiting for the time. Between flying in TOD, running the Wing, and dodging things thrown at me from my wife (she's pregnant again), time's a bit short.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Yuck!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2002, 07:59:00 AM »
"As for the rest of your post I'll comment on tommorow or tonight when I return. "

After rereading this topic I'm not going to bother pikcing up where I left off at this point. We have no common ground on this subject between us and further posts will just continue to slide into simple mudslinging at each other.

Westy

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Yuck!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2002, 10:37:00 AM »
Originally posted by Manxer:
.. and dodging things thrown at me from my wife (she's pregnant again), time's a bit short.

LOL, nothing like being cut off AND having things thrown at ya! (Okay, I admit, I cut myself off, I don't do rolly pollies'  ;) )

Offline AirBoss

• Zinc Member
Yuck!
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2002, 02:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by O'Westy:
Wow. Somehow my opinion about how much of the online spewage in the AH MA radio buffer resembles what I'd seen over three years ago in AW's RR arenas makes me a beaten, psycologically disturbed potential child abuser?

Hell. Thanks for basically proving my point Manxer     :)  

Cyas in CT...I'll be switching to it soon.

If I offended you with that broad brush I used, well___,  good. You'd prefer to associate yourself with those jeuvinile imbiciles who constantly vomit online text with the swearing, talking about other players mothers or ramble on about the size of thier thumbmanlyhood? (The worst are those moronic-ebonic talking, macro heaving tards.) Well that's fine by me then. If I offended you then my day just got better.

Westy

Hmmm...Westy, For someone who is complaining about the AW transfering crowd...and their language...Your either doing a impersonation..
or the head whiner on Ch -1....from MA..
...Oh..westy?...I'm sure it will only take a second for yah to make an intellagent responce
   :D  <S>S<S>

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: AirBoss ]

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Yuck!
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2002, 02:51:00 PM »
I enjoy flying in the CT more than the MA.  How does that make me elitist?    :confused:
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Yuck!
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2002, 03:29:00 PM »
What is there to respond to? I can't make heads or tails out of what you just wrote.

Westy

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Yuck!
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2002, 09:28:00 PM »
You CT fellas are doing a fine job! I hope for a Pacific scenario soon. A buddy and myself moved here from Warbirds a couple of months ago, after flying Luftwaffe for years we decided to start a USN squad. I love CT keep up the good work. I fly in MA a lot because Im trying to learn the USN/USMC planes, and I have to admit I am no match for the VVS pilots I have flown against in here this week. Hell I am not a match for anyone in MA or anywhere else in this sim yet. Like the Historic Arena in Warbirds though, this will be my home as much as possible. Don't let Laz get to you, I think he is the same Laz that used to beat our chops in Warbirds if we didnt like the main arena. I don't understand why he bothers to flame at folks in here when MA is so full and active. Unless he is starved for attention.  Anyway just wanted to let you guys know this newbie appreciates whats happening here. <S>   :)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Yuck!
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2002, 11:59:00 PM »
Welcome to the game Lowe. Glad you like the arenas that are available to ALL players and not just the elitist few that Laxative..umm Lazs refers to in his post.    :D

I have found almost 100% respect in the CT and will most likely continue to stay there primarily.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Reschke ]
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"