Author Topic: Your personal "Funniest Moments" in AH  (Read 5881 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Your personal "Funniest Moments" in AH
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
Anyone in my squad can tell you that I'm cursed in the 262. One particular sortie involved busting a CV raid on a friendly base. I see some low TBMs and dive after them. As I line up a shot I hear the sound of a bomb being dropped. Mind you that I am miles away from their target base, still over the water. Now I am hauling at nearly 550 mph @under 50ft of alt, but the bomb noise is getting louder until finally, BOOM!  Next, I hear the sound of fire! My right engine is burning. "What the hell was that? I just got bombed in a 262!" My plane explodes, and I'm back in the tower with 200 less perks.  :furious

SYSTEM: WTF shot you down.

WTF indeed.  :rofl
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2013, 03:20:01 PM »
All 4 frames of Enemy Coast Ahead Scenario in 2011. Best event in AH to date.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »
All 4 frames of Enemy Coast Ahead Scenario in 2011. Best event in AH to date.
I was a big fan of Coral Sea 2011.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2013, 05:23:16 PM »
-had fbbob do an noe mission over water 4 or 5 sectors away.  everybody was great never showing dar 'till we found a cv 1/2 way to the target.  we all tried to avoid the ack about 1/4 of the guys and all the goons got killed by it.

I still tease him about it.

-another was this guy that had a 30 man high altitude mission to take a base.  we took off from a base 2 sectors away and started climbing for about 20 minutes.  I finally asked the guy in charge which base we were attacking,  when he told me, I just casually mentioned that that base was the other way.

-back in the day when we used to bring 110's for killing town, we had this guy do about 20 110's and we climbed to around 20k or so.  when we got over the town, he just mentioned to dive in and kill the town as the goons were nearby.  we all dove in head first, only about 3 of us were able to pull out of the dive.  rest just crashed all around the town when they compressed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2013, 11:17:37 PM »
That's not funny semp its sad :cry

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »
-had fbbob do an noe mission over water 4 or 5 sectors away.  everybody was great never showing dar 'till we found a cv 1/2 way to the target.  we all tried to avoid the ack about 1/4 of the guys and all the goons got killed by it.

I still tease him about it.

-another was this guy that had a 30 man high altitude mission to take a base.  we took off from a base 2 sectors away and started climbing for about 20 minutes.  I finally asked the guy in charge which base we were attacking,  when he told me, I just casually mentioned that that base was the other way.

-back in the day when we used to bring 110's for killing town, we had this guy do about 20 110's and we climbed to around 20k or so.  when we got over the town, he just mentioned to dive in and kill the town as the goons were nearby.  we all dove in head first, only about 3 of us were able to pull out of the dive.  rest just crashed all around the town when they compressed.

semp
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2013, 12:07:07 AM »
In an older game HiTech worked at, I had a squaddie call he was on the deck, in the middle of nowhere in a 190 with 4 cons on his tail barely out of gun range. I vectored to him in my high p38 and saw the conga line below, chopped throttle, dove in well behind them and became number 5 in the tight little line with very little over take. When I opened up I only had to waggle the rudders a little bit to kill all 4 of them. We were laughing so hard nearly augered it.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2013, 02:03:13 AM »
too many to list,   the 2 that stick out.

Kermit and Betty had bailed in TT and I was flying over them,  they beckoned me to come find them on 200 after doing a couple of donuts I spotted them.  

Rather than strafe them I bailed out the other side of some trees to give me some cover on my descent.   Kermit came charging through the trees like a frog possessed and we had a gunslinger shoot out  (I won)  Then I had to hunt down Betty and she was near a barn and we did the stand behind a tree side step shoot out.   I killed her aswell!     For a flying game it was more John Wayne   :)

Funniest was us doing a 109 sortie with Sveno and Viperius (both living in Switzerland and fluent German)  Connery could also speak it well.  Some cracking German impressions the whole sortie.

"Achtung Spitfire" !   was priceless.  

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:05:17 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Stirling

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 08:58:16 AM »
I was in a strat raid with a squaddie and a few friends. We flew lancs NOE for about 5 or 6 sectors over water while winding our way through dar rings. When we reached the strats we popped and dropped our ords my squadmate and I and one other made it out the other side with one Lanc each. We all went back to NOE for the return trip and went different directions to confuse the enemy cons searching for us which worked very well. Two engines on my right wing had been hit in the strat puffy ack and they stopped so I limped 5 sectors with a lot of rudder at about 150mph. My squadmate reached home well ahead of me and waited patiently for almost half an hour for me so we could tower together.  :cheers:  I see his icon but I am NOE and can't see the runway, so I pull up to get a look and see I need to correct to the right, I go full throttle and try my best to line up and the a wing dips and I go sliding in.  :joystick:  I stay off the breaks and try to reverse rudder to get on the runway. I came to a halt with only the fuselage left and the nose right on the point of intersection of runways.  :bhead  :furious All that way for a ditch.
 :salute to my squaddie for waiting for me. The whole trip was 3 hours and 20 mins.  :rofl

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »
Tomcat21 saying he droped 4k cookie on a jeep  :rofl

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »
I had a recent one (maybe... 3 weeks ago) accusing me of cheating, and I really hope they sent a film in.  :rofl
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2013, 08:10:36 PM »
The funniest must be Betty's first bombing mission.
http://www.56fg.net/members/yucca/upload/films/betty1.wmv
:aok That was a funny one, I forgot about it :rofl

:cheers: Oz                                                     
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2013, 01:08:02 AM »
Well it didn't happen to me but, our squad was doing a bombing mission with variety of bombers. As it happens it was one of the first sorties someone did with a B29 when they came out. He lined up over town was in perfect opened the doors and released the bombs.......... Too bad the town was a friendly town.. As he was turning back to get a second run he decided to make a missle out of his plane by ripping the wings off. Oh BTW I won't mention Babalons name here..

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2013, 01:12:42 AM »
Well it didn't happen to me but, our squad was doing a bombing mission with variety of bombers. As it happens it was one of the first sorties someone did with a B29 when they came out. He lined up over town was in perfect opened the doors and released the bombs.......... Too bad the town was a friendly town.. As he was turning back to get a second run he decided to make a missle out of his plane by ripping the wings off. Oh BTW I won't mention Babalons name here..

LawnDart
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle