Author Topic: Anatomy of the Base Capture  (Read 5702 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Anatomy of the Base Capture
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2013, 06:57:55 PM »
There is one rule, "Don't be a dick!"

HOing instead of fighting is being a dick  because your avoiding a fight to joust in an all or nothing attack.

Hording is being a dick on a larger scale. While it's possible those doing the hording are having fun (which I'm sure turns to boredom eventually) it certainly isn't fun being on the receiving end all the time or chasing them around.

Running missions and capturing bases is NOT being a dick if the mission is rounded out to INCLUDE the enemy. Combat where EVERYONE has fun.

The Vtards were trashed because of they avoided a fight, any fight. The were instances where their "mission" was spotted and they augured to avoid a fight. They brought the animosity on themselves much like a certain cartoon pilot "who" recently got his name back.   

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2013, 07:12:19 PM »

HOing instead of fighting is being a dick  because (you're) avoiding a fight to joust in an all or nothing attack.

Respectfully, I disagree. There is no 'instead.' Head-on attacks are head-on attacks, nothing more, whether it
leads to a protracted engagement, a series of disengaging then re-engaging, or nothing more than a pass. I've seen
players who've proven to have developed a degree of skill at the game use that method of attack when engaging
(and yes, that's engaging - it sure isn't avoiding). It can be avoided by the recipient without disengaging, as well.

'Being a dick' would generally entail engaging in hostile, rude and disruptive 'banter' because one didn't like how
someone else plays the game the way it was designed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:14:47 PM by Arlo »

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2013, 07:15:29 PM »
Humm I have something to say about this. I'm just trying to clear my head enough to say it.
Bish= organized base take missions every day (granted the same lame ac over and over again)
Rook= Best fighter pilots in the game which hinders base take missions for rook side
Knight= A little bit of both but lacks a team leader.

Basically my money is on bish hell 20, 14 year olds can beat up a healthy single 25 year old. (used as a example not a cut down to the bish)

Game is as much about strategy as it is about personally glory. Personally if I was the guy leading 20 players to capture base after base I would be just as proud as I would landing 8 kills in a FM2.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2013, 08:06:57 PM »

Please show me anywhere Hitech Creations Inc. stipulates this as grounds for ejecting a paying customer from the arena? The Devils Rejects membership followed the rule stipulated for playing in the Main Arenas. Your response to them was not dictated by any rules other than what you wanted to force them to play by. There are no rules of play but, still you forced your rules of play on other players as did the community resulting in the List of No's.

The Devils Rejects membership did not hack the game but, on occasion were punished fairly as we all are for inappropriate and bad language. Everything else was fair game for them to do. They never broke the rule because there is no rule to be broken. Only your feelings, which subsequently helps stifle the imaginations of new players to make you and others happy.

@ Legal rules to your participation in the Hitech Creation Inc. game - Do not hack the game in any form. No bad or abusive language or conduct as determined by Hitech Creations Inc.

@ In game rules of play in the Main Unlimited Subscriber Arena - None.

The vTards were oxymoronically abused by the community while the unintended consequence was, mission = bad. And todays List of No's.

But, in and of itself you could point out that was a game of another venue more intoxicating than this cartoon simulation. The results were more satisfying because they were against real people with emotionally satisfying outcomes by leveraging the power of the Mob to vilify with self appointed right against other men. Lynching's feel so good to the mob while they are in progress. And thus is the greatest and saddest unintended consequence of no rules.

Without rules we will act out in our worst to fill the void even if nothing is needed to fill it.

So who was really being this?

You hung the Devils Rejects for following the rules. And the unintended consequence was missions, because they are forever linked as the tool used to break your personal rules in an arena with no rules.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »
There is no rule against the community frowning upon being a tard.    :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2013, 08:26:35 PM »

HOing instead of fighting is being a dick  because your avoiding a fight to joust in an all or nothing attack.

Hording is being a dick on a larger scale. .  

You are mixing up different things. When pyro (I think it was him) said  "Don't be a dick!" here on the BBS, he did not mean any of those things. All of them are perfectly legit, even if you don't like them.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »
There is no rule against the community frowning upon being a tard.    :old:

Community is a nice name for Mob which is another word for "Pure Democracy".

What ever the Mob votes is true, by virtue of granting themselves rights superior to the individual or smaller groups. This is the filling of the void where no fill is needed unintended consequence to the one rule of this game. Mobs by definition do not exist upon the premise all men are equal since they need the superiority of numbers to hang innocent men to satisfy their emotions. Communities rarely do either without an external force that adjudicates them equally to individuals by the same standards.

The Devils Rejects were harmed unjustly for following the only rule of the Main Arena. The unintended consequence is how we view group activities and missions with suspicion and negativity in the game now.

You hung an innocent man, and taken away a list of options for having fun visa Mob peer pressure as a result, making the game limited, boring, and fearful of scorn for it. You acted the worst of being a Mob trampling on the rights of individuals to suit your emotions

There are no rules to how you play in the Main Arenas because there is no need for them. Or Hitech would impose them.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2013, 09:41:04 PM »
Please show me anywhere Hitech Creations Inc. stipulates this as grounds for ejecting a paying customer from the arena? The Devils Rejects membership followed the rule stipulated for playing in the Main Arenas. Your response to them was not dictated by any rules other than what you wanted to force them to play by. There are no rules of play but, still you forced your rules of play on other players as did the community resulting in the List of No's.

The Devils Rejects membership did not hack the game but, on occasion were punished fairly as we all are for inappropriate and bad language. Everything else was fair game for them to do. They never broke the rule because there is no rule to be broken. Only your feelings, which subsequently helps stifle the imaginations of new players to make you and others happy.

@ Legal rules to your participation in the Hitech Creation Inc. game - Do not hack the game in any form. No bad or abusive language or conduct as determined by Hitech Creations Inc.

@ In game rules of play in the Main Unlimited Subscriber Arena - None.

The vTards were oxymoronically abused by the community while the unintended consequence was, mission = bad. And todays List of No's.

But, in and of itself you could point out that was a game of another venue more intoxicating than this cartoon simulation. The results were more satisfying because they were against real people with emotionally satisfying outcomes by leveraging the power of the Mob to vilify with self appointed right against other men. Lynching's feel so good to the mob while they are in progress. And thus is the greatest and saddest unintended consequence of no rules.

Without rules we will act out in our worst to fill the void even if nothing is needed to fill it.

So who was really being this?

You hung the Devils Rejects for following the rules. And the unintended consequence was missions, because they are forever linked as the tool used to break your personal rules in an arena with no rules.

WOW! what a funny little world you live in. So what your saying is it's my fault that the Vtards got their nick name as well as organizing the entire player base to go against them. LOL!!! Had I that power we wouldn't be having this discussion, everyone would be playing the game exactly like I want them to! LOL!!!

I have never told anyone how to play this game. I have suggested many times, different ways to play with my reasoning as to why. No the Vtards never broke a rule ...other than the one Pyro stated.... but they did circumvent  the game play that was dominate at the time. The used the biggest baddest equipment available and using tactics and huge numbers avoided combat to accomplish their mission to grab as many bases as they could as fast as they could with out fighting for them. Truth be told they were very good at it. 

We have to remember that this is a game and while it is opponent against opponent we are all PAYING to PLAY a GAME and have FUN! If every opponent I run into HOs I certainly am not going to be having fun and soon cancel my subscription. The same goes for the hordes. Fighting against them gets boring and frustrating after a while and could cause the same out come, as well as those IN the horde becoming bored and also looking for other more "colorful" games to play.

Could this be a reason as to why the numbers of players continue to drop? Maybe we always had these numbers of players leaving but had a steady enough influx to keep the numbers higher. The supposed "dated graphics", steep learning curve", and boring game play are chasing them away faster than they come in now. Who knows, but I see what I see. Many less players. The same old boring missions run time after time. Fight IN a horde or fight against a horde.

Many players talk about the game play, it's not just me or a few others. Many would like to see more guys stop running away and just fight it out. Even Surfinn. Saturday he spent the afternoon hiding in the Bish horde. Later in the date he was crying on the radio because he got HOed when he was looking for a fight.

As I said before, as long as I find that great fight every few hours I'll stick around paying HTC my $15 every month because that what I look for. I also know that if players don't change and use more of the options HTC has made available they will get bored and leave. I've seen it many, many times. I have known hundreds of players and very few are left. Most left because they got bored.

You seem to think there is a stigma on running missions and Surfinn even points out the Rooks are fighter jocks and so don't run missions and take bases. ET37 runs many missions and he is starting to run all kinds of missions. Granted they don't always help the "war effort" but it looks like people are having fun and that is the point right? The only stigma I can see is when hordes run the same "Grab a P38 heavy and we will flatten everything on the base" over and over again.

You are mixing up different things. When pyro (I think it was him) said  "Don't be a dick!" here on the BBS, he did not mean any of those things. All of them are perfectly legit, even if you don't like them.

Correct, I may be expanding a bit but it still holds true. We are all PAYING to PLAY a GAME here. Being a dick takes the fun away from other PAYING customers just as much as say some idiot trash talking another player until he cry's or rage quits. Chasing away customers should NEVER be allowed. How many of the players that leave are being chased away? It could be as much from a loud mouth as from always getting horded, or not being able to out run 10 friends to kill that lone target.

Don't be a dick! Play nice and lets all have fun! 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2013, 09:49:58 PM »
There is no rule against the community frowning upon being a tard.    :old:

Nor is there a rule about the frowner being a tard doing it, whether he wants the community to join him/her or not.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »
Community is a nice name for Mob which is another word for "Pure Democracy".

What ever the Mob votes is true, by virtue of granting themselves rights superior to the individual or smaller groups. This is the filling of the void where no fill is needed unintended consequence to the one rule of this game. Mobs by definition do not exist upon the premise all men are equal since they need the superiority of numbers to hang innocent men to satisfy their emotions. Communities rarely do either without an external force that adjudicates them equally to individuals by the same standards.

The Devils Rejects were harmed unjustly for following the only rule of the Main Arena. The unintended consequence is how we view group activities and missions with suspicion and negativity in the game now.

You hung an innocent man, and taken away a list of options for having fun visa Mob peer pressure as a result, making the game limited, boring, and fearful of scorn for it. You acted the worst of being a Mob trampling on the rights of individuals to suit your emotions

There are no rules to how you play in the Main Arenas because there is no need for them. Or Hitech would impose them.

You discount the fact that the vTards did nothing other than continually horde things.  It's not like it was a once in a while event.  

You can still do as you wish in the MA.  Repeatedly doing something the community considers bad form gets you nothing more than taunts on 200 and walls of text (lol) on the BBS, both of which have zero effect in the real world.  If you want to exist on the fringe of popular opinion, start acting like it.  Go horde bases, detune 200, and forget the link to the BBS.  Presto.  Mob power gone.

I'm betting that's too much to ask of you though.   :angel:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2013, 10:29:15 PM »
Nor is there a rule about the frowner being a tard doing it, whether he wants the community to join him/her or not.

-AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2013, 10:30:12 PM »
You discount the fact that the vTards did nothing other than continually horde things.  It's not like it was a once in a while event.  

How is he discounting such? No more different than the Claim Jumpers. Not that I'm encouraging
recycling the torches and pitchforks.

_____________________________ _______
Bottom line - much ado about nothing.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »
. Mobs by definition do not exist upon the premise all men are equal since they need the superiority of numbers to hang innocent men to satisfy their emotions. Communities rarely do either without an external force that adjudicates them equally to individuals by the same standards.

I would think anyone from 1812 to 1940 would Totally disagree with this comment. I still have a a packet of skittles next to my 45. :devil

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
How is he discounting such? No more different than the Claim Jumpers. Not that I'm encouraging
recycling the torches and pitchforks.

_____________________________ _______
Bottom line - much ado about nothing.

Because everyone has done something considered by someone to be bad form.  The tards just set out to do it on a nightly basis.  Bustr would have us believe that it's all the same.  It's not.

If it's much ado about nothing, tell Bustr.   :aok
      -AoM-