Author Topic: what really happened that made IL2 software get in the hands of third party devs  (Read 429 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
this is speculation but I think I'm on the mark.

what really happened that made IL2 software get in the hands of third party developers like gaijin (war thunder) and 777 (Rise of flight)? and what are the odds of HTC purchasing the same graphics engine?

I believe that Oleg Maddox' 1c software company faced a crisis in the disaster that was IL2 cliffs of Dover and they were probably nearing bankruptcy.

if this was the case with his back against the wall this genius programmer chose to sell his IL2 software to third parties to raise money to keep his company going for another project IL2 Battle of Stalingrad which Oleg has partnered up with one of the studios he sold his software to 777.

I think Oleg might regret selling his software to Gaijin and their relationship is likely adversarial as they have taken great effort to make no mention of the fact that War thunder is a blatant cut and paste copy of IL2 software that is uncredited. in their credits they credit the long dead composer Lugwig Beethoven for his music but give no credit to Oleg Maddox whos software abilities which are more impressive than beethovens music abilities made War thunder possible.

when you examine War Thunder closer you can see everything this third party developer has talents in is not aircraft or flight sim related. They have talents in making fun games and setting up entertaining scenarios but looking at their 3d models and skins and seeing how bad they are at getting decent flight model programming accomplished (individual plane performance. these guys are not capable of actual flight model engine design that much is obvious. IL2 is their crutch and its painfully apparent.)

I give credit to Gaijin for their ability to make IL2 fun. this is no small feat and they have done well with their gameplay mechanics and even mouse aim and its bastard ability to let mouse users be OP and turn off the very il2 flight model engine that I am speaking of has filled the ranks of the game for the time being with regular gamers and even made console gaming possible. but it is IL2 to its core. when I pop into a cloud and my plane shakes or when I hit wake turbulence below and behind a plane I am following I now very well who really wrote that code. it was a guy who made a lifetime of aircraft design and turned their passion of flight sim programming into a business. credit where credit is due? you be the judge.

at least 777 isn't ashamed of where their programming came from... why should they be they partnered up with the guy lol.

Other 1C Game Studios Games
Discussion about the classic series IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2:COD and Rise of Flight
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/20-other-1c-game-studios-games/

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: what really happened ...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 07:03:03 AM »
You know, Jason has very fairly opened the floor for questions of any sort that you may have. Asking him would serve you better than asking opinions over here where all you will find is conjectures and Onager speculations.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: wha third party devs
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:24:12 AM »
You know, Jason has very fairly opened the floor for questions of any sort that you may have. Asking him would serve you better than asking opinions over here where all you will find is conjectures and Onager speculations.

Bail boy likes to write his innermost thoughts for all to enjoy, it makes him feel better.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: oftware get in the hands of third party devs
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »
The main reason 777 studios has got involved is because they turned around ROF appalling customer service abilities and its stupid DRM paranoia :old:

Its a cultural thing, the Russians have a appalling attitude to customer service and the guy who runs 777 has a good attitude to the customer.

Don't rant and rave, the Russians have a flair for Flight Sims but none for the market place.

When I first tried ROF you were only allowed to play online (DRM paranoia) you email about problems and you got a big "If you don't like it tough" :)

Gaijin must be spitting feathers having to get a third party to show it how to do it properly.

Hitech creations have a very good customer rapport considering we are all a bunch of moaning brats :)  

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario