Author Topic: CT staff  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
CT staff
« on: December 04, 2001, 04:33:00 PM »
I'm looking for a few volunteers with CM experience to staff the CT.  The basic task is to create and implement plane and terrain schedules in the CT.  

I think the majority of people interested in the CT agree that it needs some changes.  I like the suggestions to fold in more gameplay and use terrains that are better suited for this.  

What I'm looking for in these volunteers aside from CM experience, is a good understanding of the things that can be done now to get people flying there and enjoying themselves.  While this arena is not meant for everyone, it's also not meant to be empty.  I think if we can mix varied and interesting historical matchups with some fun gameplay, it'll catch on.  If it's approached from the standpoint of everyone trying to build a custom arena for themselves, they'll probably be the only one flying there.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
CT staff
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2001, 04:35:00 PM »
Forgot to say email me if you're interested.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
CT staff
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2001, 04:55:00 PM »
Well, I guess I'd better put my money where my mouth is and volunteer.  I'll e-mail you when I get home, as it's time to hit the road.  I've still got CM privileges in the SEA, but will need them enabled in the CT too.  Think we can change the name of the arena to something more representative of what we're trying to do here? Say, the "Combat Environment Arena (CEA)?  My second choice would be the BCRA (Big Cahones' Required Arena), but I don't supposed you'd go for that  :D.

If you decide to give me the job (there should be an alternate, of course), I'd like to call you up and discuss the ground-rules.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
CT staff
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2001, 05:04:00 PM »
I sent in an email too.  I don't have CM experience but after all the talking I've done I should step up.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
CT staff
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2001, 05:12:00 PM »
I'd like to volunteer in a capacity that would help. If it requires any dedicated online time then I'm up the creek as I dont have enough personal time to do much of "flying" let alone community/staff work. But if I can help via suggestions and by being part of a think-tank I'd gladly help. Not much different from what I do in these forumns anyway so maybe I'm just rambling....

However. I AM really glad to see this topic   :)

Westy

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

Offline Aiswulf

• Copper Member
      • http://mdiplo.tripod.com
CT staff
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
previous CM experience is my main problem.
I have volunteered to join the CM team but seems there is quite the line for it  :)

I'll be here to offer support and an occasional good idea (one would hope at least  :D)

Any chance we can be enlightened as to the HTC teams plans for the CT to at least give us guidance in our efforts to aid and abate the CT?  :D

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
CT staff
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2001, 05:38:00 PM »
Like Funked, I don't have CM experience, but I'm stepping up to the plate. Put me in coach!  :)

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
CT staff
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2001, 06:08:00 PM »
Having already suggested this in another thread I to feel I should "Put my money where my mouth is". No CM experience whatsoever, but we all got to start somewhere. Email is on the way and if it's decided that CM experience is mandatory involvement in any capacity would be welcome.  :)

TTFN
snafu

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
CT staff
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
Actually, I only need 1 person with CM experience as a minimum.  He can teach the others.  I don't want a big bunch of people doing this.  I think it will be easier to start small and add more people if needed or just rotate people in and out.  To make it easier for me, please let me know what it is you want to see in the CT in the immediate future when you email me.  Thanks.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
CT staff
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
Westy, I would like you opinion on what you would "like" to see in the CT. Could you email me the list :)

I have a few ideas I would like to see , but would like to hear from others.

I am building some maps designed around the CT, and any ideas would help shape these.

NUTTZ
( same applies to Ripsnort )

Originally posted by O'Westy:
I'd like to volunteer in a capacity that would help. If it requires any dedicated online time then I'm up the creek as I dont have enough personal time to do much of "flying" let alone community/staff work. But if I can help via suggestions and by being part of a think-tank I'd gladly help. Not much different from what I do in these forumns anyway so maybe I'm just rambling....

However. I AM really glad to see this topic    :)

Westy

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
CT staff
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2001, 06:37:00 PM »
All my emails are being returned as undeliverable...

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
CT staff
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2001, 08:45:00 PM »
Okay, e-mail sent to you, Pyro.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
CT staff
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2001, 11:16:00 PM »
Mine bounced too, whats your addy pyro?

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
CT staff
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2001, 01:01:00 AM »
I finally got one thru. Took a few tries.

Offline marcof

• Zinc Member
CT staff
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2001, 02:09:00 AM »
Well all I can say is its about bloody time someone sat up and noticed that we who enjoy the historical match up, and the challanges it brings, are now being noticed.

However lets not start with this......" the CT arena should be called this" or called that kinda rubbish,.....CT arena will do fine!!.

I would expect that with the continuing addition of new A/C, and the new Terrain Editor that we might see something really nice in here.

We now have the numbers to populate 2 arenas, so lets hope that who ever gets the JOB, does us justice.

Some hopes for the future.......
A/ A malta map would be nice with convoys (Barges) etc to hit which would affect supplies?...oh let me think, we already have that dont we...WELL WHY DONT WE USE IT THEN!!!!!!!

B/ Map to be rotated every 2 weeks from ETO to PTO etc etc etc...

We will see what unfolds..fingers crossed!

Marcof 249 RAF, 2 TAF, C~H~Q.....