Author Topic: Remove Ranking  (Read 1387 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Remove Ranking
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:41:06 PM »
Plain and simple. I'm tired of seeing these threads about people 'cheating' in GD every other week  :furious

KthxBai
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Nashorn

• Copper Member
Re: Remove Ranking
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »
+1

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »
Plain and simple. I'm tired of seeing these threads about people 'cheating' in GD every other week  :furious

KthxBai

You mean the current score rank system?  If so, what do you recommend to replace it? Because right now, it makes it from any average joe from getting their hands on a CV (superiors can take control from the lower ranking players).

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »

KthxBai

Simple,dont read them!    I'm not sure why a person who no longer plays is concerned with anything in a game they don't play.....just don't make cents to me..... :rolleyes:

The community does a fine job policing itself,what HTC does about it is up to them and not a public issue.

:salute

Offline Lone82

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 02:16:56 AM »
I'm not sure why a person who no longer plays is concerned with anything in a game they don't play.....just don't make cents to me..... :rolleyes:

Funny cause I was flying with this guy today :O
Life is Hard, But it's even HARDER when your Stupid- John Wayne

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 02:41:55 AM »
I'm sure snail would agree with me.

I think we need more ranking / scoring / stats.   AH already has one of the best statistical representation break downs I've seen, however Skuzzy would REALLY enjoy making even more databases that could search scoring categories.

I would like to see every stat searchable by leaderboard lets say top 100.  Ftr hit % KD, points, perks, KPH,  total kills, life time K/D, lost planes, deaths,

I would then like to see all of these across multiple tours.

Then maybe total wars won by country <-- don't really care for this one myself but I know others do.   

There are loads of things that can be added to make Snailman's wet dreams come true.   I did find spatulas old program on my g/fs machine yesterday and it can do most of the things for one player at a time.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 04:44:02 AM »
You mean the current score rank system?  If so, what do you recommend to replace it? Because right now, it makes it from any average joe from getting their hands on a CV (superiors can take control from the lower ranking players).

Tinkles

<<S>>

Surely you did not make this statement with a straight face...  :confused: 

Prove that this computer games' rank/score in any way, shape, or form is at all an indication of superior ability, skill, or judgement! From my observations the CV tends to be misused, or abused, or lost, or hidden more often by those exact players you appear to claim are in some way better than the "average joe" than the other way around.

:rolleyes:
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 07:40:14 AM »

Tinkles

<<S>>

Oh brother, superiors ?  :lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 07:55:19 AM »
I have no intrest in ranks whatsoever and I do think in some minor ways ranks have a negative impact on the game. However, there are a reasonable percentage of players who enjoy the ranking system and I see keeping these players in the game as far more important than eliminating the few negative aspects of rankings.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 10:37:31 AM »
I have no intrest in ranks whatsoever and I do think in some minor ways ranks have a negative impact on the game. However, there are a reasonable percentage of players who enjoy the ranking system and I see keeping these players in the game as far more important than eliminating the few negative aspects of rankings.

This.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 10:48:32 AM »
Rank is too precious to many.  You will never see them gone.  Most of the attention potatos are on ignore anyways.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
I can only speak for myself. I adopted a mentality i used for years when i played call of duty. You play hard,  in this game the contra fight or die, only leave when unable to fight Ie no ammo. Now with that being said i need to assess my skills so as to work to improve. Once you find that you work at improving it  in cod i used kill to death and win percent with my clan. In Ah i use squad rank for an assessment of where we fit in. I use kd and hit percent for me as well as damage points in fighter. I feel there are some that game the score but what does that prove? Im not playing to boast to say im better i play for the company the thrills of a good fight the score is for me to know how iom doing. I hope that made sense
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
Funny cause I was flying with this guy today :O

Yes this is true as he started a new account shortly after I posted my remark!

Still doesn't change what I said.

:salute

PS: check my score or rank.... I have none nor do I care about that but I know plenty ingame do so I don't think any changes need to be made.

Offline No9Squadron

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 04:27:49 PM »
Sometimes I go up in bombers, bomb my target and kill 2-4 fighters, but apparently this is not used in scoring me as a bomber crew.

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »
With regards to ranking they need to remove the names that are indicated as invalid in the top 25 for squad rank. On some tours they take 3-4 slots nt allowing squads with a roster on to the top 25
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil