Author Topic: Place Your Bets  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Place Your Bets
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »
Boomerang has no place in this game. A plane that was so slow it never got a single kill on any other enemy plane, despite trying. A plane with no ord loadout to the point it was dropping smoke bombs to tell OTHER planes right behind it (F4Us) where to drop. In short, it was an infantry strafer from sheer lack of other uses for an airframe that just couldn't cut it in WW2. It was a knockoff design from a british design (re-engined and with guns added), and overall would be about as representative of the WW2 combatants in Aces High as the Model T Ford would be for tankers in this game.

I am certainly not advocating for it, but there seems to be a population within the game that want it. I'd much settle for the Beaufighter instead.
JG 52

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 11:42:30 PM »
If love to have a beaufighter :banana: :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Nashorn

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 11:43:32 PM »
Ki-61 update w/ Ki-100 added into the line up

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 12:19:59 AM »
I'd much settle for the Beaufighter instead.

If it's going to be anything, it will be the Beaufighter.

- oldman (hey, you heard it here first)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 12:26:56 AM »
I've got my money on an F4F-3 and F4F airframe update. Not one of the most asked for additions, it would help keep the "But.... 'Murica!!!!" people from whining their heads off, and it would actually fill a hole.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 02:46:55 AM »
It's time for a new 190  :banana:
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 02:47:39 AM »
It's time for a new 190  :banana:
190G :banana:
And 190A3 :banana:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 03:28:39 AM »
It's bomber / heavy attacks turn IMO. I would prefer we get a Pe2 (FT) and Tu2 (S) but fear it will be a Beaufighter Mk21 to honour our antipidian brothers and sisters.

My single preference would be for PTAB ordinance for the IL2 m3
Ludere Vincere

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 04:06:20 AM »
I think Tu-2, Pe-2 and Gloster Meteor Mk III.   :x

(actually it is just a wish - I really want a meteor with 4 hispanos)
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
Boomerang has no place in this game. A plane that was so slow it never got a single kill on any other enemy plane, despite trying. A plane with no ord loadout to the point it was dropping smoke bombs to tell OTHER planes right behind it (F4Us) where to drop. In short, it was an infantry strafer from sheer lack of other uses for an airframe that just couldn't cut it in WW2. It was a knockoff design from a british design (re-engined and with guns added), and overall would be about as representative of the WW2 combatants in Aces High as the Model T Ford would be for tankers in this game.

Being that the Boomerang was in the last plane poll, HTC seems to disagree.   I for one, would be happy to add it to my stable of 40 ENY favorites. 

As for the OP, my guess is the Beaufighter and the Pe-2 for new planes.  Hopefully a remodeled F4F-4 (and F4F-3) and FM2 or new 110s, too. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »
i remember an encounter with you and you 51. 

You came out on top :D

Everyone gets lucky now and then  :)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »

Being that the Boomerang was in the last plane poll, HTC seems to disagree.   I for one, would be happy to add it to my stable of 40 ENY favorites. 

As for the OP, my guess is the Beaufighter and the Pe-2 for new planes.  Hopefully a remodeled F4F-4 (and F4F-3) and FM2 or new 110s, too. 

If it's a remodel of the F4F-3/4, I am hoping that they are put into SEPARATE airframes.  There is enough of a difference to warrant it if I recall correctly.  3's had greater range and maneuverability while the 4's had greater armor and firepower.

I think the next addition will be another Soviet plane, but this time a bomber.  I would put bet on it being the Pe-2, though I hope for the SB-3.  Another addition I bet on is the TBD Devastator.  Why?  Because I can. :D  A serious 2nd bet would be the Beau as another addition.

For remodels I am betting on the B-26 to be remodeled.  Hopefully we'll see a remodel of the SBD, D4Y, B5N and TBM as well.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »
I've got my money on an F4F-3 and F4F airframe update. Not one of the most asked for additions, it would help keep the "But.... 'Murica!!!!" people from whining their heads off, and it would actually fill a hole.

I hope you know that the American planeset is the furthest behind over all countries. Here's what I have off the top of my head, most likely missed a few for each country.

SBD
F4F
B26
FM2
TBM

German airplanes that need to be updated:
JU-88
AR-234

Japanese planes that need to be updated:

Ki-67
Ki-61

British planes that need to be updated:

Boston III
Tempest

If anything we should catch up on updating the 'Murica planes before we do anything else.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »
As this is about what we expect to see next and not what we want to see next, here's my totally uneducated guess:

Tu-2 or Beaufighter
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »
  well,you guys have some great ideas on what planes are next.....i thought  AN AXIS TRANSPORT/BOMBER WAS NEEDED  before anymore fighters.   JU-52  or SM-82(kangaroo) :x