Author Topic: Lame or Not Lame...you decide  (Read 5426 times)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: Lame or Not Lame...you decide
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
I thought it was fair.

my .02
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
Lame. Wait...what are we talking about?
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »
In a GAME winning is the end game, but not the journey, the fight is the journey. Fighting is all about.... well fighting. So from that aspect, it was a lame fight..... and one of the most boring ones I've seen. Like INK said, The spit was as much at fault as Uptown. Turning on the Spit16 and making a 2 vs 1 would have spiced up the fight.

Of course if your here to have a high Kill to death and you enjoy "E" fighting, and climbing to 20K+ (even seeing that in a film scares me!) then more power to ya. For me, I prefer to have half a dozen fights in the same amount of time Uptown did for this one. Win or lose, thats all I'm looking for.
Valid point Fugi :salute
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »
I m sorry, but refusing to engage a spit one with advantage is lame. It cant kill you with a snapshot if you mess up and it cannot catch you if you disengage. You guys can call it smart flying, your $15, not playing his game, what ever you want. In the end it comes to fear of losing and before you say no, ask yourself if you would have engaged if you thought you could win.

kind of makes the game boring because if people wont engage a spit 1 imagine what they would do vs another fighter.

As for the learning excuse, you learn by trying not by avoiding so, good luck with that one.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »
I m sorry, but refusing to engage a spit one with advantage is lame. It cant kill you with a snapshot if you mess up and it cannot catch you if you disengage. You guys can call it smart flying, your $15, not playing his game, what ever you want. In the end it comes to fear of losing and before you say no, ask yourself if you would have engaged if you thought you could win.

kind of makes the game boring because if people wont engage a spit 1 imagine what they would do vs another fighter.

As for the learning excuse, you learn by trying not by avoiding so, good luck with that one.

See? The other pump.  :D

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
The Ratio tailslide would have been suitable.  :rolleyes:
Top Gun

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »
changed your name eh?
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2013, 02:49:51 PM »

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »
If every fight like this in AH warranted posting and discussion, the world will run out of bandwidth in no time at all.
AMAX  in game

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »
Top Gun

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2013, 03:42:40 PM »

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »
  SR in a spit and he sucked!    :D
ha!!!  ...but noone could hear you in the tower!!

:devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2013, 08:43:58 PM »

What you guys are forgetting is that most of us don't have countless hours and thousands of sorties in the DA. Hell I never even owned a computer until 3 years after you registered on the BBS.
What I learn I learn by trial and error in the MA and watching what others do. Of course I don't want to lose a dogfight.....who does? You're the same way or you wouldn't have spent the time you have learning and polishing your ACM over the years. So who here is really the one's that doesn't want to lose a dogfight?

From where I sit I see a clique of guys that specialize in dueling and then come to the boards and ridicule others about how crappy they fly. If you guys are really the authority on how to win fights, you'd all be flying Early war planes instead of these KI84s, K4s, 262s and LA7s I see you all in. When was the last time any of you flew a I16 or a P40 in the main arena?

Come to think of it I can't count how many times I've seen the Muppets do the same exact thing to guys in their K4s yet they aren't labeled "lame". Guys like TonyJoey you all hold up as a shining example of awesome skills when in reality all he does is pick the outside of furballs in a 51 and holding a 43 to 1 K/D  :lol Then when he comes to the BBS you all can't tell him..... and the rest of us enough just how great he is  :lol C'mon man!

Lighten up Francis

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
 :rofl

gotta love the Muppet hate......

you asked for opinions...you got what you asked for......and that upset you :headscratch:

and any muppet who was fighting that spit would have turned on him and killed him....or died trying.... :uhoh

....besides I thought my response was very much none "ridicule".

obviously the truth is hard to handle for most.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »
What you guys are forgetting is that most of us don't have countless hours and thousands of sorties in the DA. Hell I never even owned a computer until 3 years after you registered on the BBS.
What I learn I learn by trial and error in the MA and watching what others do. Of course I don't want to lose a dogfight.....who does? You're the same way or you wouldn't have spent the time you have learning and polishing your ACM over the years. So who here is really the one's that doesn't want to lose a dogfight?

From where I sit I see a clique of guys that specialize in dueling and then come to the boards and ridicule others about how crappy they fly. If you guys are really the authority on how to win fights, you'd all be flying Early war planes instead of these KI84s, K4s, 262s and LA7s I see you all in. When was the last time any of you flew a I16 or a P40 in the main arena?

Come to think of it I can't count how many times I've seen the Muppets do the same exact thing to guys in their K4s yet they aren't labeled "lame". Guys like TonyJoey you all hold up as a shining example of awesome skills when in reality all he does is pick the outside of furballs in a 51 and holding a 43 to 1 K/D  :lol Then when he comes to the BBS you all can't tell him..... and the rest of us enough just how great he is  :lol C'mon man!

The thing about TJ is that he does it so with minimal trash talk. Most pickers will troll their lives away just because they didn't die. Also, TJ is well enough to hold his own in a fight. It is the same way with Bruv. Bruv will pick all day, because he can. If you were to get him alone I guarantee you would have a hard time fighting him because he uses your plane disadvantages against you. TJ fights the same way. Some call it "lame" some may not. I don't care in all honesty. TJ has killed me in that stupid blue nose P51 a few times, I just re-up and chase him home. I have only fought Bruv in KOTH, never in the MA. I run into The Few before I run into Bruv.

It is how you do the picking that makes it lame I guess. Like some pickers are just that bad, all they do is pick and they do it because they can't fight. Not to call anyone out or anything but a lot of squads do it as a group, but that is what wingmates are for. To clear your six. For example:

The Few
Anti Hording Squad
4th FG Debden
Jokers Jokers
56th FG

Yeah, even your squad does it. I named these squads because I have been killed by them first hand due to picking, not because I have anything against you'll. Great squadrons they are, ( well maybe not JJ's but that is a different conversation  :P ).

Being lame is pretty much someone who doesn't fly how you want them to fly. So everyone in Aces High is lame to me because I want everyone to fly straight and level so I can haz the eazy killz.

:salute
Top Gun