Author Topic: Lame or Not Lame...you decide  (Read 5422 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Lame or Not Lame...you decide
« on: August 31, 2013, 02:39:11 AM »
Myself I personally think I did the right thing by making my opponent fight my fight and not his. If that's lame then I'm guilty.

Film of the engagement ------>http://www.mediafire.com/?949z0jd83dm57gq
Lighten up Francis

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Lame or Not Lame...you decide
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:41:19 AM »
That just makes you the smarter one. Fighting is about winning. If you can exploit an advantage over your enemy then well done :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:01:11 AM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 03:11:41 AM »
it would have been much more interesting if he would have disengaged from you and engaged the 16 behind him...which in turn would have made you turn and engage him.....which would have been a much better flight/fight.

lame yes just because it was boring......

he cant expect a jug to turn with his spit 1...even at 20k.....so he is more guilty on it being "lame" then you.....because he could have done much more then following you around hopelessly target fixated.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 03:16:10 AM »
I didn't see anything wrong on your side. You knew your enemy's plane's strengths and weaknesses and flew your plane accordingly. His mistake (as Ink pointed out) was being target fixated and simply not paying attention.   

While turning and fighting him would've been more interesting. You flew correctly and shouldn't lose any sleep over the fact that you won  :aok

Tinkles

<<S>>

P.S.  You sound old  :rofl   :salute   :cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 06:53:51 AM »
I didn't see anything wrong on your side. You knew your enemy's plane's strengths and weaknesses and flew your plane accordingly. His mistake (as Ink pointed out) was being target fixated and simply not paying attention.    

While turning and fighting him would've been more interesting. You flew correctly and shouldn't lose any sleep over the fact that you won  :aok

Tinkles

<<S>>

P.S.  You sound old  :rofl   :salute   :cheers:

Guess what...in the blink of an eye you will be old too....just in case your young arse doesn't know that.  :D :salute :cheers:

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 07:04:08 AM »
Guess what...in the blink of an eye you will be old too....just in case your young arse doesn't know that.  :D :salute :cheers:
QFT!
 Like the saying goes "What you are, I once was. What I am now, you will become".

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 07:14:08 AM »
WTF!? I just had a birthday yesterday and today a kid tells me I sound old  :rofl This aging thing is worse then I thought  :cry
Lighten up Francis

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 07:16:21 AM »
WTF!? I just had a birthday yesterday and today a kid tells me I sound old  :rofl This aging thing is worse then I thought  :cry

What do you expect to hear from a youngster named tinkles?  :D
I turn 55 in a couple of weeks my sons tell me rocks don't live that long.  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 07:24:24 AM »
The only lame one is the Spit driver. Ahhhhh, another dead Spit.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:26:38 AM by aztec »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »
That just makes you the smarter one. Fighting is about winning. If you can exploit an advantage over your enemy then well done :cheers:

In a GAME winning is the end game, but not the journey, the fight is the journey. Fighting is all about.... well fighting. So from that aspect, it was a lame fight..... and one of the most boring ones I've seen. Like INK said, The spit was as much at fault as Uptown. Turning on the Spit16 and making a 2 vs 1 would have spiced up the fight.

Of course if your here to have a high Kill to death and you enjoy "E" fighting, and climbing to 20K+ (even seeing that in a film scares me!) then more power to ya. For me, I prefer to have half a dozen fights in the same amount of time Uptown did for this one. Win or lose, thats all I'm looking for.

Offline ntrudr

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »
The only lame one is the Spit driver. Ahhhhh, another dead Spit.

One of the finest sights in AH is watching spit fire balls fall to earth.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 09:26:26 AM »
pffft.

haven't watched the film but it probably was lame, I mean running from a spit 1 whatever next!  man up and grow some!!    :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »
For me, I prefer to have half a dozen fights in the same amount of time Uptown did for this one. Win or lose, thats all I'm looking for.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 09:40:29 AM »
What do you expect to hear from a youngster named tinkles?  :D
I turn 55 in a couple of weeks my sons tell me rocks don't live that long.  ;)

Well, that makes you mighty. Some would say.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »
Super lame.

You should have done the Krupnski/Latrobe/Cobra hybrid tailslide and killed him much faster.   :)

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-