Author Topic: P39Q for this Tour  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: P39Q for this Tour
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »
Hey Go get your tweezers out and relieve your self ... I don't take crap from him or you either.  You didn't need to comment, couldn't resist?
Sure it was unnecessery for me to comment. But it was absolutely needed for you to take comment and talk crap, like you ever do.
your turn, Mega...ehm... (edited) :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:43:57 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 10:46:16 AM »
I don't see it as bashing...I just don't...I see it as calling it the way it is.....I didn't "bash" Randy at all...the only ones I can say ....Ya I bash is chalenge flyinfin and krusty and they just straight up deserve it.

I am blunt and to the point I don't talk out the side of my mouth like some, I say what I feel and what I think.

we hijacked Randy's thread enough.... :salute

I can't say anymore for I have tried to show you the right thing to do IMO. 
:salute
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 10:46:26 AM »
its not the only way to learn...but it is the best.

read or hear about it all you want, until you get out there and do it....nothing will sink in....muscle memory and all that jazz.

if this was the real world I would understand about being cautious......

flying to survive does one thing...... it makes you timid.

of course there are exceptions to every rule...Grizz flew to survive in the MA.......he and I butted heads over it....but he would go to DA and whoop some ass.

I won't touch on it being the "best" method...as I think that is a matter of indivdual preference...but i can see some of the advantages to your approach:

A. It is likely the quickest method to develop the muscle memory, relexive reactions and instinctive reactions as you tend to compress the time needed to gain the needed experience.

B. The "careless" attitude towards virtual death gives you an edge on someone in the MA who is flying to survive.  

Over the years I have mentally cataloged various cartoon pilot types and given them labels.  Two of those lables come to mind here:

1. The "Berserker"

2. The "Samauri"

II wasn't careful I would catalogue you as a "berserker" i.e.someone who throws themselves into combat careless of his virtual life...virtual death is his/her only aim and how it is dished out is of no concern.  In your case , that wouldn't be the correct label.  Your more of a "samauri" i.e. You share the disregard for your and others cartoon life with the "berserker", but you fight with skill, discipline and with what some would consider an honorable fashion (I.e. no or little HOing, etc).   Both types I am wary of when confronting because their careless attitude towards survival makes them far more aggressive...willing to push a bad situation further than other, more cautious pilot types.*

I don't, however, think the word  "timid" is fair either.  I wholeheartedly agree there are "timid" MA pilots but many just fly with a more cautious approach because their ultimate aim is to land kills.  There are several pilot labels I use for these, depending on their relative skill and experience:

1. The "Legionary" - lowest skill level / experience.

2. The "Centurion" - similar to above but more experience and skilled.

3. The "Caesar" - extermely experienced and skilled.

These types all fly with discipline, want to survive, land kills, etc.  In my mind the vast majority of MA pilots fit in these three catagories.  The truly timid pilots have a classification of their own....I label them as "Sheep"  ;)

There are some other classifications I use I won't get into as I have already gotten way off topic. Sorry.  :D

* I consider several current and former Muppets to be Samurai types.  You, Changeup, Dodger, Redbull and (now) Pepprr come to mind. Based on what you describe, Grizz would be a Caesar. :aok
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »
I found the Q model lacked the torque in a duel situation.  It is best to come into a fight with E to keep with a "superior" plane.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 10:55:55 AM »
I won't touch on it being the "best" method...as I think that is a matter of indivdual preference...but i can see some of the advantages to your approach:

A. It is likely the quickest method to develop the muscle memory, relexive reactions and instinctive reactions as you tend to compress the time needed to gain the needed experience.

B. The "careless" attitude towards virtual death gives you an edge on someone in the MA who is flying to survive.  

Over the years I have mentally cataloged various cartoon pilot types and given them labels.  Two of those lables come to mind here:

1. The "Berserker"

2. The "Samauri"

II wasn't careful I would catalogue you as a "berserker" i.e.someone who throws themselves into combat careless of his virtual life...virtual death is his/her only aim and how it is dished out is of no concern.  In your case , that wouldn't be the correct label.  Your more of a "samauri" i.e. You share the disregard for your and others cartoon life with the "berserker", but you fight with skill, discipline and with what some would consider an honorable fashion (I.e. no or little HOing, etc).   Both types I am wary of when confronting because their careless attitude towards survival makes them far more aggressive...willing to push a bad situation further than other, more cautious pilot types.*

I don't, however, think the word  "timid" is fair either.  I wholeheartedly agree there are "timid" MA pilots but many just fly with a more cautious approach because their ultimate aim is to land kills.  There are several pilot labels I use for these, depending on their relative skill and experience:

1. The "Legionary" - lowest skill level / experience.

2. The "Centurion" - similar to above but more experience and skilled.

3. The "Caesar" - extermely experienced and skilled.

These types all fly with discipline, want to survive, land kills, etc.  In my mind the vast majority of MA pilots fit in these three catagories.  The truly timid pilots have a classification of their own....I label them as "Sheep"  ;)

There are some other classifications I use I won't get into as I have already gotten way off topic. Sorry.  :D

* I consider several current and former Muppets to be Samurai types.  You, Changeup, Dodger, Redbull and (now) Pepprr come to mind. Based on what you describe, Grizz would be a Caesar. :aok

nice Honest writeup....gotta respect that :aok

I have labels also.... :t

only 2.....fish and Sharks....

most of the MA are fish....some of those fish think they are Sharks....because they "stay alive" when in reality they are just fast fish. :D

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 10:57:01 AM »
By the way, Paul only said: dont be a retard like NoChalenge - who is a retard, IMO. Now hes a real PoS indeed, and youre the defenders of faith for pumping it up like he would have bashed you all. Such a shame.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 11:04:50 AM »
By the way, Paul only said: dont be a retard like NoChalenge - who is a retard, IMO. Now hes a real PoS indeed, and youre the defenders of faith for pumping it up like he would have bashed you all. Such a shame.
If this is directed at me you are sadly mistaken deb.  I am not a defender of faith. I do not agree with Chalenge's attitude towards discussions. However , bashing IMO is wrong. let them fly how they want lol. Is it that hard?  You haven't bashed me at all since I do not fly like that.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »
nice Honest writeup....gotta respect that :aok

I have labels also.... :t

only 2.....fish and Sharks....

most of the MA are fish....some of those fish think they are Sharks....because they "stay alive" when in reality they are just fast fish. :D

A somewhat overly simplistic classification system...you my friend are a black and white kinda guy.  :aok  

Be careful misjudging your opponent, lest the one you label a fish ends up being a piranha.  :D

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 11:10:24 AM »
BTW - Be thankful I didn't classify you as a "TonyRobbins".    :D

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »
A somewhat overly simplistic classification system...you my friend are a black and white kinda guy.  :aok  

Be careful misjudging your opponent, lest the one you label a fish ends up being a piranha.  :D

a piranha is a weak fish that needs to live in a pack to survive ;)

and besides I love a fight that I lose in...especially a 1vs1...those are the fighters I want to face.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »

From your boy
"I didn't "bash" Randy at all...the only ones I can say ....Ya I bash is chalenge flyinfin and krusty and they just straight up deserve it."

Once again he doesn't have the Brain Power to speak correctly.... never mind bashing anyone...... neither do you.

Run-A-long,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 11:21:55 AM »
39 is a cool bird.  If you learn nothing else from it, it will help you manage your E better since once it's gone, it ain't comin' back.

Therein lies the rub and I think how this style of fighting thing came up.  You can fly smartly and still be aggressive.  It's not easy because it requires correct and timely decision making, but it's certainly possible.  The guys I regard as the very best in the game are able to do it.  The guys who fly smartly but aren't aggressive are timid, and give heady flying a bad name.  IMO, being smart and aggressive is the pinnacle of flying in AH.  If everyone would strive to find that balance, our gameplay fussing would be greatly reduced.

That said, if you're gonna see it in black or white, I'd much rather a new guy or any guy (or a guy flying a new plane) just be hyper-aggressive and fling himself into the red swarm.  That guy will learn to control his plane in a fight and if he ever learns how to be smart, he'll be really dangerous.  The guy that flies for his life and has to be forced to engage is at a severe disadvantage and will likely take eons longer to learn the same things.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »
If this is directed at me you are sadly mistaken deb.  I am not a defender of faith. I do not agree with Chalenge's attitude towards discussions. However , bashing IMO is wrong. let them fly how they want lol. Is it that hard?  You haven't bashed me at all since I do not fly like that.
NoChalenge has an attitude that is asking for being bashed. This is a combat game, but i never engage in combat, instead of that, i fly at 30k, pick and run with my tail between my legs, but you know noting about air combat, you suck, little lemming. Ink is something else, he is paying for this game to find a fight. Yes, hes a Samurai inside, or a Viking, or what ever - i might have some simmilarities with him. Yet he isnt asking for too much, only for not to run your spit like a lil beyotch when you see a ki84 at co-alt. And yea, there are many timid beyotches out there, usually those who have the biggest mouth. They might have any advantage, wont give you a fight (not a good fight, just a fight). We are only asking, not to be anything like them because this behaviour is ruining our fun we are paying for. It is that hard.
 ;)

Just for an example, seen F4U4s trying to endlessly BnZ a lone Dora, but crying cheater/haxxor, what ever when they got reversed and shot in the arse. Thats not because i am any good, but because they sucked that badly. Those encounters were no fun, nor for me and nor for them.
AoM
City of ice

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »
pfft...been there done that :rolleyes:

did I offend you .......................frigge n waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

if people actually fought in the MA....it would be a hell of a lot better....

and no I wont "give it a rest"  so put my bellybutton on ignore. :aok

No offense taken.  Your bluster is full of hot air, though.

It would be a shock if you have even flown the P-39D in Late War twice, let alone fly it on the deck into the meelee for a whole tour.  BS.

"Been there, done that".  Yeah right.   :rolleyes:

Since you refuse to budge off your high horse, I will take your advise and put you on ignore.  Thanks.   :aok

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 11:24:57 AM »

From your boy
"I didn't "bash" Randy at all...the only ones I can say ....Ya I bash is chalenge flyinfin and krusty and they just straight up deserve it."

Once again he doesn't have the Brain Power to speak correctly.... never mind bashing anyone...... neither do you.

Run-A-long,

Listen, first time i seen you, was a Jug vs 190D fight. For some reason, i won. No, i had no E advantage. Was about to say GF <S> when you explained to my why and how do i suck. After that, what do you want?
AoM
City of ice