Author Topic: P39Q for this Tour  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: P39Q for this Tour
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »

No offense taken.  Your bluster is full of hot air, though.

It would be a shock if you have even flown the P-39D in Late War twice, let alone fly it on the deck into the meelee for a whole tour.  BS.

"Been there, done that".  Yeah right.   :rolleyes:

Since you refuse to budge off your high horse, I will take your advise and put you on ignore.  Thanks.   :aok

I believe you see my 39D all the time
 :cheers:

Edit :<----- talks to self ...try to be nice Fin
From Inks chart below
  :rofl
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:27:00 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
I won't touch on it being the "best" method...as I think that is a matter of indivdual preference...but i can see some of the advantages to your approach:

A. It is likely the quickest method to develop the muscle memory, relexive reactions and instinctive reactions as you tend to compress the time needed to gain the needed experience.

B. The "careless" attitude towards virtual death gives you an edge on someone in the MA who is flying to survive.  

Over the years I have mentally cataloged various cartoon pilot types and given them labels.  Two of those lables come to mind here:

1. The "Berserker"

2. The "Samauri"

II wasn't careful I would catalogue you as a "berserker" i.e.someone who throws themselves into combat careless of his virtual life...virtual death is his/her only aim and how it is dished out is of no concern.  In your case , that wouldn't be the correct label.  Your more of a "samauri" i.e. You share the disregard for your and others cartoon life with the "berserker", but you fight with skill, discipline and with what some would consider an honorable fashion (I.e. no or little HOing, etc).   Both types I am wary of when confronting because their careless attitude towards survival makes them far more aggressive...willing to push a bad situation further than other, more cautious pilot types.*

I don't, however, think the word  "timid" is fair either.  I wholeheartedly agree there are "timid" MA pilots but many just fly with a more cautious approach because their ultimate aim is to land kills.  There are several pilot labels I use for these, depending on their relative skill and experience:

1. The "Legionary" - lowest skill level / experience.

2. The "Centurion" - similar to above but more experience and skilled.

3. The "Caesar" - extermely experienced and skilled.

These types all fly with discipline, want to survive, land kills, etc.  In my mind the vast majority of MA pilots fit in these three catagories.  The truly timid pilots have a classification of their own....I label them as "Sheep"  ;)

There are some other classifications I use I won't get into as I have already gotten way off topic. Sorry.  :D

* I consider several current and former Muppets to be Samurai types.  You, Changeup, Dodger, Redbull and (now) Pepprr come to mind. Based on what you describe, Grizz would be a Caesar. :aok

Aside from the chest thumping pissing matching going on.

I would humbly label myself as a Samurai Centurion  :D

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 11:50:09 AM »

No offense taken.  Your bluster is full of hot air, though.

It would be a shock if you have even flown the P-39D in Late War twice, let alone fly it on the deck into the meelee for a whole tour.  BS.

"Been there, done that".  Yeah right.   :rolleyes:

Since you refuse to budge off your high horse, I will take your advise and put you on ignore.  Thanks.   :aok

wooohooooo :aok

yup I only fly the Ki84... I am lieing.... I don't fly my fighters into the red hourde...I am full of hot air.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ever since day one I flew into the hoard...live or die........does not matter to me...FACT.....yes I choose planes that have a fighting chance against the hoard...sorry I don't fly junk planes predominantly and then fly in a hoard of green to stay alive...and call other people out for their plane choice........ but wont back up my smack talk.....

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
NoChalenge has an attitude that is asking for being bashed. This is a combat game, but i never engage in combat, instead of that, i fly at 30k, pick and run with my tail between my legs, but you know noting about air combat, you suck, little lemming. Ink is something else, he is paying for this game to find a fight. Yes, hes a Samurai inside, or a Viking, or what ever - i might have some simmilarities with him. Yet he isnt asking for too much, only for not to run your spit like a lil beyotch when you see a ki84 at co-alt. And yea, there are many timid beyotches out there, usually those who have the biggest mouth. They might have any advantage, wont give you a fight (not a good fight, just a fight). We are only asking, not to be anything like them because this behaviour is ruining our fun we are paying for. It is that hard.
 ;)

Just for an example, seen F4U4s trying to endlessly BnZ a lone Dora, but crying cheater/haxxor, what ever when they got reversed and shot in the arse. Thats not because i am any good, but because they sucked that badly. Those encounters were no fun, nor for me and nor for them.
So are you saying I suck and I'm a lemming?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 01:07:29 PM »

I believe you see my 39D all the time
 :cheers:

Edit :<----- talks to self ...try to be nice Fin
From the chart below
(Image removed from quote.)   :rofl

2 kills?  I thought you flew the P-39d.  :headscratch:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 01:12:46 PM »
2 kills?  I thought you flew the P-39d.  :headscratch:

Thats Inks chart he just posted   :rofl  you were right  :)

:lol  you'll have to take him off ignore already ...damn!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:17:09 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »
Thats Inks chart   :rofl  you were right  :)

I knew it!  :rofl :rofl :rofl
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »
Aside from the chest thumping pissing matching going on.

I would humbly label myself as a Samurai Centurion  :D

Tinkles

<<S>>

Nah.  I have a label for someone who switches between those two styles: a "Spartan".

BTW - before anyone gets their panties in a wad....it's my system and it's admittedly flawed. Also, I've rarely met anyone who 100% fits in any one category. ("Sheep" and "TonyRobbins" types being the only exceptions.) Cartoon Pilots are a complex group! 

Maybe one day I can work with someone to develop a written test that will help tell someone what style / personality they tend toward...a Myers Briggs test for AH pilots!

I can only imagine the resulting forum / ch200 holy wars the debates a test like that would generate.... :bolt:
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
2 kills?  I thought you flew the P-39d.  :headscratch:

I was referring to flying less then great planes....into the hoard.

unlike koolaid I avoid the green gang as much as possible......would be pretty stupid flying a plane that is not capable fighting the hoard.

again I see you commenting koolaid boy....as you can see I haven't flown the P39 often....so lets go DA and we will fly the 39...see if you can actually fight?   

or are you just all type......the time you have over me and the experience in the 39 should make me quite an easy kill.....not that I think you have the gonads, you will come up with some lame excuse as you always do. :rolleyes:

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »
Just to be clear on this, Ink did not mash my button.  I must say Ink, every time I see a Ki, it is always first on my list to engage.  :aok

Like some of the others though, using every means at your disposal to win is part of the game.  The vox gets filled with criticism of a single plane hugging the ack with the red horde above but I give he or she every credit because they could just tower out to another base. I know, I have been there.  K/D be damned.

The mustang has the ability to extend but people call it the runstang.  Extending is like climbing in a Ki, you do it to win.  The point is I want the fight on my planes terms not the other plane's terms.  the 39 has limited terms so I will use what ever I can use.

There are times I have choose a less aggressive path.  Ink is right about that albeit, it doesn't happen often.  Jump on one of my comrades and I will knock you and others off the green guy.

Back to the thread.
I used the target in offline practice with the canon to get an idea of the drop.  At 400 the drop is small but the travel time seems lengthy.  This is going to be a though row to hoe.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »
If you learn nothing else from it, it will help you manage your E better since once it's gone, it ain't comin' back.

Ain't that the truth and I agree.  Much better to learn on than say the Yak3 which can recover E fast.  Fly rides like that when someone first starts is both helpful and hurtful...helpful in that if they make a mistake they still have a chance to recover...hurtful because they might never realize the mistakes they continue to make if they stay with the ride too long.

Therein lies the rub and I think how this style of fighting thing came up.  You can fly smartly and still be aggressive.  It's not easy because it requires correct and timely decision making, but it's certainly possible.  The guys I regard as the very best in the game are able to do it.  The guys who fly smartly but aren't aggressive are timid, and give heady flying a bad name.  IMO, being smart and aggressive is the pinnacle of flying in AH.  If everyone would strive to find that balance, our gameplay fussing would be greatly reduced.

This.  :aok

That said, if you're gonna see it in black or white, I'd much rather a new guy or any guy (or a guy flying a new plane) just be hyper-aggressive and fling himself into the red swarm.  That guy will learn to control his plane in a fight and if he ever learns how to be smart, he'll be really dangerous.  The guy that flies for his life and has to be forced to engage is at a severe disadvantage and will likely take eons longer to learn the same things.

I have to agree with this and I base it on my own personal experience.  I flew far too conservatively for my first few years and I did not progress at the same pace as others I know who started around the same time. This was in large part due to the first cartoon pilots I flew with...who were extremely score conscious and flew very conservatively. This is what I think the biggest factor for success for the new guy:  finding the right person or (better) squad to set that tone with a new pilot....help cultivate a fighting spirit....etc.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »
I was referring to flying less then great planes....into the hoard.

unlike koolaid I avoid the green gang as much as possible......would be pretty stupid flying a plane that is not capable fighting the hoard.

again I see you commenting koolaid boy....as you can see I haven't flown the P39 often....so lets go DA and we will fly the 39...see if you can actually fight?   

or are you just all type......the time you have over me and the experience in the 39 should make me quite an easy kill.....not that I think you have the gonads, you will come up with some lame excuse as you always do. :rolleyes:

Its like it went through one ear and out the other. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2013, 02:49:51 PM »
Just to be clear on this, Ink did not mash my button.  I must say Ink, every time I see a Ki, it is always first on my list to engage.  :aok

Like some of the others though, using every means at your disposal to win is part of the game.  The vox gets filled with criticism of a single plane hugging the ack with the red horde above but I give he or she every credit because they could just tower out to another base. I know, I have been there.  K/D be damned.

The mustang has the ability to extend but people call it the runstang.  Extending is like climbing in a Ki, you do it to win.  The point is I want the fight on my planes terms not the other plane's terms.  the 39 has limited terms so I will use what ever I can use.

There are times I have choose a less aggressive path.  Ink is right about that albeit, it doesn't happen often.  Jump on one of my comrades and I will knock you and others off the green guy.

Back to the thread.
I used the target in offline practice with the canon to get an idea of the drop.  At 400 the drop is small but the travel time seems lengthy.  This is going to be a though row to hoe.

thats good I am glad I didn't "mash your buttons" :lol as you said...I wasn't trying to insult you....

I know I am blunt and some take offense to that....or just don't understand not sugar coating something.

I do agree using your planes advantages to win..however I do not agree "anything" to "win"... you wont see me vulching(out of those 23,000 kills maybe 12 are vulches) or jumping on a con when he is engaged with multiples already(unless of course he attacks me then I will, and even then not always)

my squadies know if I am fighting I am OK no matter the number I am fighting...I wont be mad at them for not engaging. most times I would rather be left alone to die.

A 51 does not have to "extend" it fights awesome, just not a great slow turner, I will never give someone a hard time for using his planes strengths to fight...that is..... if......... he is Fighting :D

my whole point is if someone is playing a combat game....partake in the combat...if you are gonna run your mouth(not saying YOU are) you need to back that up....I don't mind someone smack talking.....hell it makes it more interesting....but smack talking and not backing it up by actually fighting...well you probably get the idea.  :salute

good luck in your plane choice...... :O

woulda been better off if you don't want to take a monster...take the LA5 or spit 5....or 205......of course I suggest the Ki84 it is a fighting mans plane. :D

the 39's are junk....

Its like it went through one ear and out the other. 

:rofl

and what I said to you went right over your head. :aok

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »
my whole point is if someone is playing a combat game....partake in the combat...

I don't mean to differ with your philosophy but I don't think the majority of players see combat as you do. I think for the most part they'd rather kill other players and not actually get killed themselves. In other words the combat is all well and good as long as they are doing it to other players.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2013, 03:24:25 PM »
I don't mean to differ with your philosophy but I don't think the majority of players see combat as you do. I think for the most part they'd rather kill other players and not actually get killed themselves. In other words the combat is all well and good as long as they are doing it to other players.

I don't want to differ myself but I like the verbal combat on 200.   :O

Dweebalos........where you be?.... :D
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles